There are 165 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Avs might get Sharks' Donskoi.

Barrie traded! We got Kadri and solved our 2 Center. Not bad and got Donskoi. Sakic did alright since the draft and the trades that took place. I'd like Ferland if he's not done yet.

Some Avs fans are disappointed we gave away Barrie and Kerfoot, but I like this trade. Kadri will do better in a new environment too.

This post from the team's reddit page says it best imo:

I guess I'm in the minority of people that are fine w this trade. It's only a year of Barrie and we have the cap space to retain salary. Kerfoot is a nice player and I would loved to keep him but everyone on this sub has been complaining about the surplus of third liners then we trade one away and everyone goes ballistic I don't understand. We get 3 years of Kadri who is a decent player who can play on our second line. It's far better than losing Barrie for nothing this offseason and allows for a guy like meloche timmins or byram to (hopefully) make the roster this year.
Well you traded your #1 D for a 2nd line center

It's a big gamble Makar can fill Barrie's shoes in his first full season

Barrie traded! We got Kadri and solved our 2 Center. Not bad and got Donskoi. Sakic did alright since the draft and the trades that took place. I'd like Ferland if he's not done yet.

Some Avs fans are disappointed we gave away Barrie and Kerfoot, but I like this trade. Kadri will do better in a new environment too.

I guess I'm in the minority of people that are fine w this trade. It's only a year of Barrie and we have the cap space to retain salary. Kerfoot is a nice player and I would loved to keep him but everyone on this sub has been complaining about the surplus of third liners then we trade one away and everyone goes ballistic I don't understand. We get 3 years of Kadri who is a decent player who can play on our second line. It's far better than losing Barrie for nothing this offseason and allows for a guy like meloche timmins or byram to (hopefully) make the roster this year.

Yup, expiring contract that they don't plan on bringing back as his asking is out of our price range. Trading for a nice player on a position of need totally makes sense as Everyone has been banging the table and can see from a mile away that we need a number 2C. Sakic learned from previous transactions to do it now rather than get pennies on the dollar return if he waits too long like the deals on Statsny and ROR. I'm sure the D will struggle some at first but they got some studs in the pipeline and the drafting of Byram to add to Makar as the cornerstone of this unit makes this trade worth it IMO.
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Jul 3, 2019 at 6:51 PM ]

Yup, expiring contract that they don't plan to bring back as he's asking is out of our price range. Trading for a nice player on a position of need totally makes sense as Everyone has been banging the table and can see from a mile away that we need a number 2C Sakic learned from previous transactions to do it now rather than get pennies on the dollar return if he waits too long. I'm sure the D will struggle some at first but they got some studs in the pipeline and the drafting of Byram to add to Makar as the cornerstone of this unit makes this trade worth it IMO.

I think Makar's debut and early success made it easier for Sakic to pull the trigger. Still think the Avs were lucky that Chicago passed on Byram.
Zadarov staying with the Avs for another season at $3.2 mil.

• jrg
  • Veteran
need hockey back. time to go back to back.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
THE ST LOUIS BLUES ARE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

God help us

• jrg
  • Veteran
Pat Maroon to Tampa Bay

• jrg
  • Veteran
Mikko Rantanen signing w/ a team in Norway

What the f**k are the Avalanche doing? Lol
Originally posted by jrg:
Mikko Rantanen signing w/ a team in Norway

What the f**k are the Avalanche doing? Lol

He's just leveraging for a new contract. He's not going to play in Norway for 250k lol
When do training camps start? I cannot find any info online.
Originally posted by JustinMT:
God help us

2nd best Mascot in sports behind the Phanatic
Fantasy league renewed.

Any propose changes or if you want in/out, please let me know
Share 49ersWebzone