There are 153 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Draft day!! Can't wait

Who we get?
https://www.latimes.com/sports/ducks/la-sp-ducks-pick-20190621-story.html

Zegras should be really good in a few years.
Avs shoring up their D

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Originally posted by Knowledge:
Avs got Byram to pair with Makar

Yup, nice set of young Dmen for years with those 2 along with Timmins and Girard. .. and they got a nice elite skater C in Newhook. Sakic did a great job on their first 2 picks. Barrie is going to be moved for sure.

Great pick. Surprised he wasnt picked earlier by Chicago. Either way I'll take it.

Better prospect than Makar from what I've been reading comparing both as a prospect although Makar has developed nicely. Looks like will get the opportunity to make it this year per Sakic. If not, then next year. Someone even use a Scott Niedermayer comparison in the other forum . Reading about Rumors AVS working on trading Barrie to Canucks.

Yup, nice set of young Dmen for years with those 2 along with Timmins and Girard. .. and they got a nice elite skater C in Newhook. Sakic did a great job on their first 2 picks. Barrie is going to be moved for sure.

Great pick. Surprised he wasnt picked earlier by Chicago. Either way I'll take it.

Better prospect than Makar from what I've been reading comparing both as a prospect although Makar has developed nicely. Looks like will get the opportunity to make it this year per Sakic. If not, then next year. Someone even use a Scott Niedermayer comparison in the other forum . Reading about Rumors AVS working on trading Barrie to Canucks.

Make it happen. Barrie was ok, but more frustrating than productive.
Make it happen. Barrie was ok, but more frustrating than productive.

Yeah, I agree. Our D pipeline is finally being replenish with a couple of studs leading the way. Just gotta improve our other lines to help out McKinnons line. Let's see what Sakic can do with trades and FA.

This kid is a defensemen

This kid is a defensemen

Makar/Byram with McKinnon Rants on the powerplay
  • jrg
  • Veteran

What was your favorite first-round pick?

Greg Wyshynski, senior NHL writer: Bowen Byram going to the Colorado Avalanche at No. 4. For a minute there, it appeared that Byram wouldn't make it past the Chicago Blackhawks at No. 3, but he was there for GM Joe Sakic to draft. He's a terrific offensive player who needs to grow defensively, but as our own Chris Peters said, "he's the best defenseman in this draft by a fairly large margin." Putting him in the same blue-line corps as Cale Makar and Samuel Girard gives the Avalanche a foundation on which to build some great things. The draft pick they snagged from Ottawa didn't end up netting them Jack Hughes, but this is still a stellar pickup for the Avs.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/27032989/what-learned-2019-nhl-draft
Karlsson staying in Vegas on an 8 year extension. LETS GO!! GO KNIGHTS GO!

Originally posted by braap49er:

Where did they have the money to come up with that deal thought they were cap crunched.
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:
Originally posted by braap49er:

Where did they have the money to come up with that deal thought they were cap crunched.

That's a good question. He hasn't signed yet, so I'm wondering if they are working on make space
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:

Yeah, its crazy. Vegas with Karlsson signed is definitely over the cap

They apparently tried to move Clarkson's contract during the draft but other teams wanted too much. So I guess Vegas is assuming they will definitely be able to do to that before the season
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Yeah, its crazy. Vegas with Karlsson signed is definitely over the cap

They apparently tried to move Clarkson's contract during the draft but other teams wanted too much. So I guess Vegas is assuming they will definitely be able to do to that before the season

Cant believe that one year wonder is still getting paid in this league.Just another brilliant move by those hudson idiots.
Karlsson has officially signed!! GKG!
Share 49ersWebzone