There are 108 users in the forums

***2019-20 NHL Offseason Thread***

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
G Henrik Lundqvist to Capitals - I predict it won't work out very well

G Talbot to Minnesota - Another head scratcher to me

C Turris to Edmonton - Good cheap deal to see if he can still play after sucking it up for Nashville

G Markstrom to Calgary - Probably a good signing

G Holtby to Vancouver - I think it'll work

D Shattenkirk to Ducks - He did well as a bottom pair guy, is that where Ducks play him as well?

D Krug to Blues - Wow so weird Blues are going for Faulk/Krug, two good skating puck movers. Not very Blues-sh while losing a physical reliable D in Peitrangelo. Big makeover. Long contracts given out. I think Blues have to move someone now due to cap?

D Brody to Toronto - lol, what a dumb signing by Maple Leafs

D Zadarov to Chi / Saad to Col - Wow crazy moves. So Avs give up one of their best D (imo) for more offense? lol what? why?!? Saad is an odd player because it seems like very year is "this will be his breakout year" and it isn't. I'm sure playing next to Mackinnon will get him 80pts though

Cam Talbot is so average. He flashed in NY and that was about it.
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Originally posted by jrg:
Pietrangelo to Vegas

Glad STL added Krug though. Funny he and Robert Thomas are teammates now

Sorry you lose your Capt. From what I read he's going to make around 9.5 million if you factor in tax saved for the move. He got paid but will cripple that team a little for the next few years.

All good. It sucks sure, but I'm thankful they made a move before hand getting Krug. If they lost out on Pietrangelo and did nothing to replace him, then I'd be pissed.
I don't think Vegas got better either. They like the shiny new toy but they have to let go of Statsny, Schmidt and who knows who else. They only have around 180k for 20 players
and they have to make a move or two Of their solid players and get some really bargaIns to complete the roster. I heard they want to move Fleury but he doesn't want to with his no trade clause. They are lacking in F quality On top of that. I don't think Pietro plays penalty kill right? They really change the team dynamic that was so close to a Stanley Cup birth.

Pietrangelo is a big upgrade to Schmidt, they must want to bring up some young players and see how they do. We have Glass, who was brought up at times last season still. Pietrangelo is a beast at PK I thought. JRG would know best
Originally posted by braap49er:
Pietrangelo to Vegas

Sorry you lose your Capt. From what I read he's going to make around 9.5 million if you factor in tax saved for the move. He got paid but will cripple that team a little for the next few years.

All good. It sucks sure, but I'm thankful they made a move before hand getting Krug. If they lost out on Pietrangelo and did nothing to replace him, then I'd be pissed.
I don't think Vegas got better either. They like the shiny new toy but they have to let go of Statsny, Schmidt and who knows who else. They only have around 180k for 20 players
and they have to make a move or two Of their solid players and get some really bargaIns to complete the roster. I heard they want to move Fleury but he doesn't want to with his no trade clause. They are lacking in F quality On top of that. I don't think Pietro plays penalty kill right? They really change the team dynamic that was so close to a Stanley Cup birth.

Pietrangelo is a big upgrade to Schmidt, they must want to bring up some young players and see how they do. We have Glass, who was brought up at times last season still. Pietrangelo is a beast at PK I thought. JRG would know best
Oh yeah, most definitely upgrade. Just wondering if all the player movement and chemistry will be affected.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
[ Edited by jrg on Oct 15, 2020 at 12:53 AM ]
Pietrangelo to Vegas

Oh yeah, most definitely upgrade. Just wondering if all the player movement and chemistry will be affected.

It's could be affected for sure. Bill Fowly in an interview mentioned that they might break up the division. Possibly the Knights, Blues, Stars, and Colorado in the same division??? No thank you please lol. Obviously this is very rare, but the NHL is mad because they don't want anything getting out yet and Fowly always jumps the gun on things. They were talking about this on sports radio this morning
[ Edited by braap49er on Oct 15, 2020 at 9:11 AM ]
Pietrangelo to Vegas

It's could be affected for sure. Bill Fowly in an interview mentioned that they might break up the division. Possibly the Knights, Blues, Stars, and Colorado in the same division??? No thank you please lol. Obviously this is very rare, but the NHL is mad because they don't want anything getting out yet and Fowly always jumps the gun on things. They were talking about this on sports radio this morning
Yeah saw that. It's going to be a bloodbath if that happens
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Oct 15, 2020 at 4:21 PM ]
Anthony Deangelo back to the NYR 2yr $4.8M AAV
Alexandar Georgiev back to the NYR also 2yr $2.425M AAV
  • jrg
  • Veteran

[ Edited by jrg on Oct 29, 2020 at 2:40 AM ]
uh ok

Pretty weird jerseys lol. Are they going to play the game with the lights off?
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
uh ok

Pretty weird jerseys lol. Are they going to play the game with the lights off?

They must be sponsored by Mountain Dew.

Can the NHL season start already....
Share 49erswebzone