LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by braap49er:
Knights just get way too tired in the 3rd period and go to complete s**t.

Braap- Congrats getting Pietro!
G Henrik Lundqvist to Capitals - I predict it won't work out very well

G Talbot to Minnesota - Another head scratcher to me

C Turris to Edmonton - Good cheap deal to see if he can still play after sucking it up for Nashville

G Markstrom to Calgary - Probably a good signing

G Holtby to Vancouver - I think it'll work

D Shattenkirk to Ducks - He did well as a bottom pair guy, is that where Ducks play him as well?

D Krug to Blues - Wow so weird Blues are going for Faulk/Krug, two good skating puck movers. Not very Blues-sh while losing a physical reliable D in Peitrangelo. Big makeover. Long contracts given out. I think Blues have to move someone now due to cap?

D Brody to Toronto - lol, what a dumb signing by Maple Leafs

D Zadarov to Chi / Saad to Col - Wow crazy moves. So Avs give up one of their best D (imo) for more offense? lol what? why?!? Saad is an odd player because it seems like very year is "this will be his breakout year" and it isn't. I'm sure playing next to Mackinnon will get him 80pts though
Pietrangelo to Vegas!!! Lets gooooo
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Knights just get way too tired in the 3rd period and go to complete s**t.

Braap- Congrats getting Pietro!

Thanks!!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Pietrangelo to Vegas

Glad STL added Krug though. Funny he and Robert Thomas are teammates now
Nate Schmidt traded to the Canucks for a 3rd. He was
def a fan favorite, I even owned a sweater of his. But the dude could not play at a high level without PEDs. Pietrangelo is a huge upgrade!
Pietrangelo to Vegas!!! Lets gooooo
Yeah..but they have to shed more salaries. Gave up Schmidt to Vancouver for a 3rd Yikes! No suitors in the east I guess and they need to move couple more players. I'm also reading that players are grumbling that their names are out there for possible purge. Hope it doesn't destroy your chemistry.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
G Henrik Lundqvist to Capitals - I predict it won't work out very well

G Talbot to Minnesota - Another head scratcher to me

C Turris to Edmonton - Good cheap deal to see if he can still play after sucking it up for Nashville

G Markstrom to Calgary - Probably a good signing

G Holtby to Vancouver - I think it'll work

D Shattenkirk to Ducks - He did well as a bottom pair guy, is that where Ducks play him as well?

D Krug to Blues - Wow so weird Blues are going for Faulk/Krug, two good skating puck movers. Not very Blues-sh while losing a physical reliable D in Peitrangelo. Big makeover. Long contracts given out. I think Blues have to move someone now due to cap?

D Brody to Toronto - lol, what a dumb signing by Maple Leafs

D Zadarov to Chi / Saad to Col - Wow crazy moves. So Avs give up one of their best D (imo) for more offense? lol what? why?!? Saad is an odd player because it seems like very year is "this will be his breakout year" and it isn't. I'm sure playing next to Mackinnon will get him 80pts though

Z is inconsistent. One game he can be great and then disappear the next 10 games. He has the physical talent but lacking hockey awareness. Saad will be inserted with kaadri and Burakovsky. They are lacking there and made a play for T hall. Today, they got D Toews from Islanders for a couple of draft picks. He will probably penciled in with Makar. I think on paper Sakic did a tremendous managing the roster without giving up future assets anf the lineup is pretty balance now. If any maybe a 3rd line center needs an upgrade.
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Oct 12, 2020 at 8:55 PM ]
Originally posted by jrg:
Pietrangelo to Vegas

Sorry you lose your Capt. From what I read he's going to make around 9.5 million if you factor in tax saved for the move. He got paid but will cripple that team a little for the next few years.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Pietrangelo to Vegas

Sorry you lose your Capt. From what I read he's going to make around 9.5 million if you factor in tax saved for the move. He got paid but will cripple that team a little for the next few years.

All good. It sucks sure, but I'm thankful they made a move before hand getting Krug. If they lost out on Pietrangelo and did nothing to replace him, then I'd be pissed.

Islanders fans are not happy

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Islanders fans are not happy

Yes sir! Great get. He should be top pairing with Makar and move Graves to 3rd pair. Eric Johnson and Girard should be the second unit.
Pietrangelo to Vegas

All good. It sucks sure, but I'm thankful they made a move before hand getting Krug. If they lost out on Pietrangelo and did nothing to replace him, then I'd be pissed.
I don't think Vegas got better either. They like the shiny new toy but they have to let go of Statsny, Schmidt and who knows who else. They only have around 180k for 20 players
and they have to make a move or two Of their solid players and get some really bargaIns to complete the roster. I heard they want to move Fleury but he doesn't want to with his no trade clause. They are lacking in F quality On top of that. I don't think Pietro plays penalty kill right? They really change the team dynamic that was so close to a Stanley Cup birth.
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Oct 13, 2020 at 7:55 AM ]

on nhl radio a STL beat writer was talking about it. Interesting stuff.

Petro refused to negotiate his contract all year thinking he'd have better leverage this summer (before covid hit). Also the sentiment was Petro always wanted to leave via FA and wanted a bigger market/different city. Doug Armstrong (STL GM) offered him an 8x$8m per year. Petro demanded a huge signing bonus and Armtsrong never does signing bonuses. Armstrong felt like Petro was trying to strong-arm into making a bigger offer and he refused.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

on nhl radio a STL beat writer was talking about it. Interesting stuff.

Petro refused to negotiate his contract all year thinking he'd have better leverage this summer (before covid hit). Also the sentiment was Petro always wanted to leave via FA and wanted a bigger market/different city. Doug Armstrong (STL GM) offered him an 8x$8m per year. Petro demanded a huge signing bonus and Armtsrong never does signing bonuses. Armstrong felt like Petro was trying to strong-arm into making a bigger offer and he refused.
Yeah, I read something like that somewhere and that's why Maple Leafs was brought up as it's close to home. What's an off season without the Leafs. But we know that he got his cup and wants to get PAID while still able to compete. Surprise Boston didn't throw their name in the hat with their ample space along with losing Krug and Chara.
Share 49ersWebzone