LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 208 users in the forums

***2024 NHL Regular Season Thread***

Originally posted by MrOrange:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Tampa v. Stars for the Cup. Gonna be a good series.

Point is back and that is huge. Without him, I might have given the edge to Dallas, but now that he's back I will say TB n 6.

Dallas in 7
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Point is back and that is huge. Without him, I might have given the edge to Dallas, but now that he's back I will say TB n 6.

Dallas in 7

and that isn't a homer pick. I think its going 6 or 7 games regardless of who wins.

Each team has only won one Cup and neither in about 20 years. That alone makes this a cool final. Tampa's better on paper, but so is every other team that the Stars have beaten this postseason. The Stars always rise to the occasion. Hoping my dudes Perry and Cogliano get the Cup.

Stars in 7.

Each team has only won one Cup and neither in about 20 years. That alone makes this a cool final. Tampa's better on paper, but so is every other team that the Stars have beaten this postseason. The Stars always rise to the occasion. Hoping my dudes Perry and Cogliano get the Cup.

Stars in 7.

They already have a cup. In a lot of ways, it would be a colossal failure if this core TB group doesn't win a title. Some of their core is still pretty young, but if they continue on as they are, you could argue they have 5 potential future HOFers on that team.

Stars in 7.

They already have a cup. In a lot of ways, it would be a colossal failure if this core TB group doesn't win a title. Some of their core is still pretty young, but if they continue on as they are, you could argue they have 5 potential future HOFers on that team.

Perry does but I don't think Cogs does.

Stars in 7.

Perry does but I don't think Cogs does.

maybe so. I know they were long time teammates in Anaheim. Regardless, unless you're a duck or star fan, you want to see Perry cry tears of sadness.
and that isn't a homer pick. I think its going 6 or 7 games regardless of who wins.

I almost edited it to Dallas in 6. Obviously I'm biased, but here's what I'm thinking:

-TB despite playing 1 fewer game has actually logged more ice time due to OTs
-Dallas had a difficult path and went through IMO the clear-cut top 2 teams in the West
-Beating Vegas in 5 is more impressive than Islanders in 6
-The East in general, for whatever reason, has looked bad in post-season. Capitals bowed out early. Bruins had their goalie bounce and completely folded. Philly was a bad team with no defense. Pittsburgh bounced out early. The East was a mess. I think the West, outside the Blues, the good teams played good.
-Dallas is 14-12-2 vs East this year. However if you cut out the 1-7-2 start they had, they went 13-6-2 including 2 OT wins over TB. I think the West in general is the better conference, and clearly the more physical conference
-Despite the hype of TB's rebuilt 3rd line, I see TB as a 2-line team. Dallas rolls all 4 lines. And to go even further, imo TB is really about 3 players: Kucherov, Point and Hedman (for offense). All 3 are going to generally be on one line and Dallas has a good track record against 1-line teams
-Vasilevskiy makes the saves he needs to make, but IMO has not made the big saves. He has given up more rebound attempts then any goalie and Dallas has scored more goals in close range than any team
Bolts in 7 baby!!
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I almost edited it to Dallas in 6. Obviously I'm biased, but here's what I'm thinking:

-TB despite playing 1 fewer game has actually logged more ice time due to OTs
-Dallas had a difficult path and went through IMO the clear-cut top 2 teams in the West
-Beating Vegas in 5 is more impressive than Islanders in 6
-The East in general, for whatever reason, has looked bad in post-season. Capitals bowed out early. Bruins had their goalie bounce and completely folded. Philly was a bad team with no defense. Pittsburgh bounced out early. The East was a mess. I think the West, outside the Blues, the good teams played good.
-Dallas is 14-12-2 vs East this year. However if you cut out the 1-7-2 start they had, they went 13-6-2 including 2 OT wins over TB. I think the West in general is the better conference, and clearly the more physical conference
-Despite the hype of TB's rebuilt 3rd line, I see TB as a 2-line team. Dallas rolls all 4 lines. And to go even further, imo TB is really about 3 players: Kucherov, Point and Hedman (for offense). All 3 are going to generally be on one line and Dallas has a good track record against 1-line teams
-Vasilevskiy makes the saves he needs to make, but IMO has not made the big saves. He has given up more rebound attempts then any goalie and Dallas has scored more goals in close range than any team

Good luck sun i got what i wanted no flyers,icelandiers or vegas in the finals.Beat Tampa's ass.
Gooooo Stars!!!!

Funky start

This game is so intense for me lol
1-0

They said we'd get blown out
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Pavelski lifting the cup might make me cry
Originally posted by Garce:
Pavelski lifting the cup might make me cry

Captain America. #3 in playoff goal scoring by Americans

My favorite Shark