Blues seem perpetually stuck at trying to be just good enough to make playoffs
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by jrg:
Ryan O'Reilly!

Is he worth a 1st and 2nd rounder?

Blues seem perpetually stuck at trying to be just good enough to make playoffs

They needed help up the middle desperately. Bringing him and Bozak helps quite a bit. Seems like they'll be back in the playoffs, so it'll be a late 1st. Brought Perron back again too. Didn't have to move top prospects Thomas or Kryou and managed to dump the Berglund and Sobotka contracts. ESPN gave it a A- grade for the Blues.

Schwartz - Schenn - Tarasenko
Steen - O'Reilly - Fabbri
Perron - Bozak - Thomas
Soshnikov - Barabshev - Jaskin

[ Edited by jrg on Jul 2, 2018 at 6:37 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I don't like letting Hutton walk though. Not too sure about Chad Johnson.
All for the cheap price of $2.5 million lol

Looking at cap numbers and Vegas should keep team intact, assuming Karlsson gets $6-$7m.

Although I think they will let D Colin Miller go. I think he will want $4m, and if they let him go, next year they have more space for D Schmidt and W Tuch.

With Miller gone, Jon Merril will probably see regular duty

Perron and Neal are FA, but I think they resign for cheaper deals.

Vegas should keep their top 6 F's and top 4 D for as long as they want.

Glass/Suzuki will gradually replace Neal/Perron/Eakin. So expect them to go for a top W prospect. Probably biggest long term need (another Wing prospect)

Engelland will be replaced by Brannstrom.

We will know more next year if Subban is the heir to Fleury, if not then Goalie will be another big need. I think Fleury has 2 more years left in him.

Bump. I was right on Miller's price

But I didn't think they'd let Neal and Perron walk

I think Vegas will miss Neal. I guess they are gambling that Tuch will take a big step
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Ayyyy Patrick Maroon too!

Lets goooooooooo

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/24045888/nhl-how-st-louis-blues-general-manager-doug-armstrong-won-summer-free-agency-ryan-oreilly-trade
The Anaheim Ducks will retire the numbers of Paul Kariya and Scott Niedermayer during the upcoming season.

Ducks owners Henry and Susan Samueli announced the honors for the two Hockey Hall of Famers on Monday. Teemu Selanne's No. 8 is the only number previously retired by the Ducks, who are heading into their 25th NHL season.

Kariya's No. 9 will go into the Honda Center rafters on Oct. 21, and Niedermayer's No. 27 will be raised Feb. 17.

How the hell has it taken so long for Kariya to get his number retired?
Originally posted by JustinMT:
The Anaheim Ducks will retire the numbers of Paul Kariya and Scott Niedermayer during the upcoming season.

Ducks owners Henry and Susan Samueli announced the honors for the two Hockey Hall of Famers on Monday. Teemu Selanne's No. 8 is the only number previously retired by the Ducks, who are heading into their 25th NHL season.

Kariya's No. 9 will go into the Honda Center rafters on Oct. 21, and Niedermayer's No. 27 will be raised Feb. 17.

He's a bit controversial. He has distanced himself from any hockey, doesn't want anything to do with the game. He doesn't talk to anyone in hockey.

He didn't step foot in an ice rink after retiring for like 8-9 years. He only came back to the game to honour Selanne.

He basically just got wants to live a private life of surfing and be anonymous

Part of it is frustration over targeting his head and repeated concussions. Other part is he doesn't want his old life to be his new life

Selanne has said Kariya is very bitter at nhl over concussion and targeting and not protecting players
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jul 10, 2018 at 11:45 AM ]
Originally posted by JustinMT:

He's a bit controversial. He has distanced himself from any hockey, doesn't want anything to do with the game. He doesn't talk to anyone in hockey.

He didn't step foot in an ice rink after retiring for like 8-9 years. He only came back to the game to honour Selanne.

He basically just got wants to live a private life of surfing and be anonymous

Part of it is frustration over targeting his head and repeated concussions. Other part is he doesn't want his old life to be his new life

Selanne has said Kariya is very bitter at nhl over concussion and targeting and not protecting players

I didn't know that. Wow, that's so sad. Him and Teemu were my favorite players growing up. I hope he's happy with his life now although its probably safe to say he has CTE.

Still wish they'd get rid of that ugly ass D but these jerseys are a thing of beauty.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
ya those are dope

Originally posted by jrg:
ya those are dope

Only true colors for the Ducks imo. The Gold, Orange, and Black have always looked wrong to me. I stopped buying gear because of those ugly ass colors.
Looks black instead of purple tho
Originally posted by crabman82:
Looks black instead of purple tho

Yeah, which is disappointing but they probably wanted to keep some of the new colors in it.
I'm in the minority but I f**kING HATE the Mighty Ducks color scheme. Love the current jerseys and will not be buying one of those alternates.....except for my wife who has already requested one.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I'm in the minority but I f**kING HATE the Mighty Ducks color scheme. Love the current jerseys and will not be buying one of those alternates.....except for my wife who has already requested one.

Share 49ersWebzone