There are 227 users in the forums

2010-11 Back-to-Back NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Look what I found in my old photobucket account:

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
^It's also Mike Bresnahan from the LA Times stirring s**t, like he always does. He asks these hypothetical questions like "Is it a possibility that you'll be out until December?", and Bynum answers "Yeah, it's a possibility, it all depends on when I'm cleared by my doctor".

Then the headline is "BYNUM PUSHES RETURN DATE BACK TO DECEMBER"

He always does that s**t.

Anyway, game tonight at 7pm against Pau's old team, FC Barcelona.

The game is live at 11:30 am, pst.

was actually watchin that fora minute... good game.

Originally posted by kidash:
^It's also Mike Bresnahan from the LA Times stirring s**t, like he always does. He asks these hypothetical questions like "Is it a possibility that you'll be out until December?", and Bynum answers "Yeah, it's a possibility, it all depends on when I'm cleared by my doctor".

Then the headline is "BYNUM PUSHES RETURN DATE BACK TO DECEMBER"

He always does that s**t.

Anyway, game tonight at 7pm against Pau's old team, FC Barcelona.

The game is live at 11:30 am, pst.

was actually watchin that fora minute... good game.

Yeah, Barca played hard. They kept at them thee whole game. Phil kept kobe available and they went for the win at the end. Came up a little short, though. Good for Barca.

It's a trip the way they played with hybrid rules. NBA style goaltending rule with Euro style defense that allows everybody to just stand in the lane with no worry of 3 second rule.
Look what I found in my old photobucket account:

Nice game against the euros....The Lakers looked like s**t and couldn't buy a basket. Glad it's only preseason.
Can we just start basketball season already?

Seriously.

I think the Lakers are going to get off to a rough start. Not having Bynum means that Odom starts, and there's no one to tie together the bench. Our two best bench guys after him are new, so there's going to be an adjustment period. And on top of everything else, Kobe's still recovering from the knee surgery and may not be himself for the first month or so.

Seriously.

I think the Lakers are going to get off to a rough start. Not having Bynum means that Odom starts, and there's no one to tie together the bench. Our two best bench guys after him are new, so there's going to be an adjustment period. And on top of everything else, Kobe's still recovering from the knee surgery and may not be himself for the first month or so.

I can see a rougher start than usual, but nothing can be as bad as the Niners start.
God I am counting the days... 14
Originally posted by socalfan21:
God I am counting the days... 14

Seriously.

Game tonight against the Kings at 7pm, btw.

• jrg
  • Veteran
  • kray28
  • Veteran

Seriously.

The 2008 team with the Fish-Kobe-Vlad-Lamar-Pau starting lineup made it to the Finals with no Bynum at all.

There are several wrinkles in play now:

1. Everyone's a bit older.
2. Kobe's going to start slow with the knee.
3. Ron's needs to start getting the Tri now.
4. Bench is completely different with Blake and Barnes.
5. Early schedule is somewhat challenging.

But I think we will survive it fine and have a strong record as well.
Originally posted by kray28:

Seriously.

The 2008 team with the Fish-Kobe-Vlad-Lamar-Pau starting lineup made it to the Finals with no Bynum at all.

There are several wrinkles in play now:

1. Everyone's a bit older.
2. Kobe's going to start slow with the knee.
3. Ron's needs to start getting the Tri now.
4. Bench is completely different with Blake and Barnes.
5. Early schedule is somewhat challenging.

But I think we will survive it fine and have a strong record as well.

True. I'd add...

6. This team's won back-to-back titles and has nothing to prove in the regular season.

I think that's a big factor when determining regular season wins. In 2000, we won 67 games and then got the title against Indiana. The next two seasons we only won 56 & 58 games, and yet still got it done in the postseason. In 2009, we won 65, and that dropped to 57 last year.

I just think it's hard (and probably counterproductive) for a team to go balls out for 82 games when they've come off of a title. It's very possible that their Give-A-s**t-O-Meter is pretty low in November & December.

This squad is easily more talented than the two previous teams though. My biggest worry is Kobe's health/regression, because he's still the sun that everyone else orbits around.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Oct 13, 2010 at 13:28:10 ]
Artest Given Key To Las Vegas
Oct 13, 2010 7:12 AM EST

Lakers forward Ron Artest was honored by Las Vegas on Tuesday night with a key to the city.

Artest received the honor in recognition of his work with Xcel University and efforts to raise awareness about mental health issues.

Oct. 12 was officially named "Ron Artest Day," and the ceremony was conducted by Las Vegas City Councilman Steve Wolfson at the Mirage Hotel.

"I've been doing a lot of charity things, and I think they kind of like it," Artest explained. "I was totally surprised. I heard something about it a couple of months ago and I was trying to give it to [Derek Fisher]. Fish could take my place or Kobe [Bryant] or somebody.

"That's what comes with winning and doing good things and being a Laker."
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Streaming link for tonight's game:

Lakers vs. Kings Preseason Game 3
Share 49ersWebzone