LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

2010-11 Back-to-Back NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by jrg:
Can't we just hit up a hooker?

Sure. I'll talk to one of the regulars out there the next time I'm in that area. I'd be okay with that, I'm just a little worried about someone scamming us out of our money.

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Sure. I'll talk to one of the regulars out there the next time I'm in that area. I'd be okay with that, I'm just a little worried about someone scamming us out of our money.

Fake tickets.

Fake tickets.

Fake tickets.

Oh dang. Pwned. Well done, sir.
Our biggest problem is going to be getting all the tickets next to each other. Gettng from a scalper makes that harder.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Our biggest problem is going to be getting all the tickets next to each other. Gettng from a scalper makes that harder.

That's a good point. If we go over 4 people, we're not going to have a ton of options if we want to all sit together.

Personally, I'd rather sit in s**tty seats and have a bunch of us there. It's kinda like a Niner game. Unless you're in awesome seats you're able to see the game better from home. It's more about the experience, IMO.

It'd be awesome to go to LA Live or something after the game too.
Originally posted by dobo:
What's the cholo situation at Staples?

they will only kill you if you look em in their eye.....kind of like a bunch of lil medussa's
  • jrg
  • Veteran

That's a good point. If we go over 4 people, we're not going to have a ton of options if we want to all sit together.

Personally, I'd rather sit in s**tty seats and have a bunch of us there. It's kinda like a Niner game. Unless you're in awesome seats you're able to see the game better from home. It's more about the experience, IMO.

Ya, I could care less if we're in the last row in the house really. I've never been to an NBA game and just being there for Magic/Lakers is worth the $ for me.

Whats this LA Live you speak of?

Ya, I could care less if we're in the last row in the house really. I've never been to an NBA game and just being there for Magic/Lakers is worth the $ for me.

Whats this LA Live you speak of?

It's like a big entertainment complex across the street from Staples with a bunch of restaurants and bars and stuff.

Lakers Could Make Bynum Role Player
Oct 06, 2010 8:01 AM EST

Lakers coach Phil Jackson says he could limit Andrew Bynum's minutes significantly if he is bothered by a knee injury for the four straight season.

Los Angeles could turn him essentially into a role player over the long-term if it will preserve his health.

Jackson hopes that they'll avoid such a scenario this season, but it's a possibility if he suffers another knee injury.

"We're hopeful that this is the time he's able to start playing consistently through a season," Jackson said.

"If not, we're going to have to look at Andrew as a short-minute guy, somebody like Yao Ming who's going to be limited in the amount of minutes he plays."

Yao will be limited to 24 minutes a game for Houston this season and will sometimes miss the second game of back-to-backs.

"If his knee doesn't hold up after having this process, then we'll have to think about what kind of minutes he can play in a career," Jackson said.

"This would be a [fourth] consecutive year that things didn't go well. We're concerned. That's why we're giving this extra time, or the doctors asked for extra time for this to heal, so when this heals, his career can go forward instead of having these stops in the middle of the season."
Oh, and as far as me going to the game on the 14th is concerned, basically just let me know when you'll be purchasing the tickets and how much and if I have the money at the time then I'm in, if not...then...maybe next time?
Originally posted by GameOver:
Lakers Could Make Bynum Role Player
Oct 06, 2010 8:01 AM EST

Lakers coach Phil Jackson says he could limit Andrew Bynum's minutes significantly if he is bothered by a knee injury for the four straight season.

Los Angeles could turn him essentially into a role player over the long-term if it will preserve his health.

Jackson hopes that they'll avoid such a scenario this season, but it's a possibility if he suffers another knee injury.

"We're hopeful that this is the time he's able to start playing consistently through a season," Jackson said.

"If not, we're going to have to look at Andrew as a short-minute guy, somebody like Yao Ming who's going to be limited in the amount of minutes he plays."

Yao will be limited to 24 minutes a game for Houston this season and will sometimes miss the second game of back-to-backs.

"If his knee doesn't hold up after having this process, then we'll have to think about what kind of minutes he can play in a career," Jackson said.

"This would be a [fourth] consecutive year that things didn't go well. We're concerned. That's why we're giving this extra time, or the doctors asked for extra time for this to heal, so when this heals, his career can go forward instead of having these stops in the middle of the season."

This is exactly what I want them to do. Spare his minutes all season so he'll be ready when we really need him. The playoffs.
^It's also Mike Bresnahan from the LA Times stirring s**t, like he always does. He asks these hypothetical questions like "Is it a possibility that you'll be out until December?", and Bynum answers "Yeah, it's a possibility, it all depends on when I'm cleared by my doctor".

Then the headline is "BYNUM PUSHES RETURN DATE BACK TO DECEMBER"

He always does that s**t.

Anyway, game tonight at 7pm against Pau's old team, FC Barcelona.
^It's also Mike Bresnahan from the LA Times stirring s**t, like he always does. He asks these hypothetical questions like "Is it a possibility that you'll be out until December?", and Bynum answers "Yeah, it's a possibility, it all depends on when I'm cleared by my doctor".

Then the headline is "BYNUM PUSHES RETURN DATE BACK TO DECEMBER"

He always does that s**t.

Anyway, game tonight at 7pm against Pau's old team, FC Barcelona.

The game is live at 11:30 am, pst.
Share 49ersWebzone