LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

2012 PAC 12 Champion Stanford Cardinal Football/ Rose Bowl Thread

• DVDA
  • Veteran
Does anyone have a video of that touchdown they overturned for Stanford? I can't believe they overturned that call.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Hopefully Stanford beats UCLA and gets into the Rose Bowl.

Can that happen?

pac-12 winner goes to rose bowl, automatic bid

I don't follow college FB that close, so help me out. Is it the conference record that they go by, which would make stanford and oregon tied, and stanford wins the tie breaker with the head to head? And is next week the pac 12 championship, or was that on the schedule already?

they split up the pac-10 (now 12) into two divisions, North and South. The team with the best division record in the two divisions, Stanford and UCLA, would play in a championship game to determine the overall Pac-12 champion.

I do not think they look at overall record for champ game, rather the division record. So even though ORE is 10-1 overall, they are tied in conference play with Stanford (9-2 overall, 7-1 conf) and lost the tie breaker.

Can that happen?

pac-12 winner goes to rose bowl, automatic bid

I don't follow college FB that close, so help me out. Is it the conference record that they go by, which would make stanford and oregon tied, and stanford wins the tie breaker with the head to head? And is next week the pac 12 championship, or was that on the schedule already?

they split up the pac-10 (now 12) into two divisions, North and South. The team with the best division record in the two divisions, Stanford and UCLA, would play in a championship game to determine the overall Pac-12 champion.

I do not think they look at overall record for champ game, rather the division record. So even though ORE is 10-1 overall, they are tied in conference play with Stanford (9-2 overall, 7-1 conf) and lost the tie breaker.

Yes, this ^^^^
Originally posted by Marsh:

No, go bruins

If Stanford plays well they should beat UCLA fairly easily.
shaw got revenge for harbaugh against oregon lol. hopefully he stays for a while and the nfl leaves shaw alone, hes doin a great job
Shaw isn't going anywhere. He was quoted as saying he wants to be the Stanford HC when his son goes there. His son is like 4 years old.
Beat (UC)LA!
Stupid longsnapper
Congratulations Stanford. Now, beat UCLA worse next week and go to the Rose Bowl.
Congratulations Stanford. Now, beat UCLA worse next week and go to the Rose Bowl.

This

Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Shaw isn't going anywhere. He was quoted as saying he wants to be the Stanford HC when his son goes there. His son is like 4 years old.

He is just saying that.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

He is just saying that.

You're probably right. I guess I'll have to believe you over him.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
If not for that horrible ref call negating a CLEAR Stanford TD against ND, they may well have made the National Championship game. Would've been close with Florida for the #2 spot (assuming Stanford had gone on to win in ND and beats UCLA again).
[ Edited by vaden on Nov 24, 2012 at 8:47 PM ]
What channel is the game on tonight?
What channel is the game on tonight?

FOX
Share 49ersWebzone