LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

College Football 2010-2011

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Why does USC keep doing 2 pt conversions?

4 2pt-ers attempted/ 2 made

2 PATs

Make no mistake about it, Kiffin will never out-coach anyone standing on the opposite sideline.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
CALIFORNIA
what's up with all this power house teams playing opening games with d2 opponents
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
what's up with all this power house teams playing opening games with d2 opponents

No offense, but is this your first year watching CFB? That's par for the course.

edit: and it's total chicken-sh!t of them to do so, I might add. They're afraid of having their season ruined right out of the gates, and are looking for a 40/50 point win against a lesser opposition.
[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Sep 3, 2010 at 11:10 AM ]
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Why does USC keep doing 2 pt conversions?

4 2pt-ers attempted/ 2 made

2 PATs

Make no mistake about it, Kiffin will never out-coach anyone standing on the opposite sideline.

Kiffin grew up with Madden football(the game) he plays like i do on playstation haha
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

No offense, but is this your first year watching CFB? That's par for the course.

edit: and it's total chicken-sh!t of them to do so, I might add. They're afraid of having their season ruined right out of the gates, and are looking for a 40/50 point win against a lesser opposition.

ASU isn't a powerhouse by any stretch of the imagination, but we have to open up against TWO d2 opponents this year.

First, by state law ASU must play Northern Arizona every other year (legislature made the rule to help earn NAU money).

Second, SJ State was scheduled to play us but backed out about 6 months ago. ASU contacted EVERY D-1 school (well not PAC teams), about doing a home-home series starting this year, EVERY school said no.

So my point us, sometimes its not purposeful planning. Its extremely hard to schedule OOC games, every team actually wants to schedule big games but it always comes down to how much $$$ a team will pay the visitor (in CFB, home team pays visiting team to come play). So its a big economic negotiation, and not so much about what happens on the field.

Against weak teams, typically you can pay them crap money and keep all the home revenue to yourself. Against quality teams, you have to split more home revenue.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 3, 2010 at 8:30 PM ]
Watching florida, weird not seeing tebow there
Originally posted by teeohh:
Watching florida, weird not seeing tebow there

Miami (Oh) is looking like the #4 team so far.
I hope miami oh wins, lulz

watching WMU-MSU
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by teeohh:
I hope miami oh wins, lulz

Me too, but they're not going to.
It's unbelievable how bad Florida looks...
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
It's unbelievable how bad Florida looks...

there D is looking nice though i love watching jenkings the CB out of florada he looks pretty good out there
Go uconn!
Share 49ersWebzone