LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2010-11 Pacific Div. Champs Off-season Thread ***

http://twitpic.com/2pbox3
niemi get your ass new pads and a different mask. dudes wearing his blackhawks 1 still
Early looks of the lines from practice are apparently:

Heatley-Thornton-Marleau
Clowe-Pavelski-Setoguchi
McGinn-Couture-Mitchell
McLaren-Nichol-Mayers
rather see Mash than McLaren
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Lol, Jamal Mayers plays for you guys?
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Mashinter? I dunno. The guy has never played an NHL game. Wouldn't mind giving him a chance to get some playing time, but McLaren did a decent job in his opportunities last year. The guy levied a few beatdowns on some opposing players too, if you recall.
3rd line has the potential to put up some pts
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
3rd line has the potential to put up some pts

We're gonna need that secondary scoring -- especially in the playoffs. I'm excited to see what McGinn and Couture can do with another year under their belt and that increase in ice time.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Hopefully McGinn can have a breakout year.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Mashinter? I dunno. The guy has never played an NHL game. Wouldn't mind giving him a chance to get some playing time, but McLaren did a decent job in his opportunities last year. The guy levied a few beatdowns on some opposing players too, if you recall.

actually

id like to see

McGinn/Mitchell - Couture - Nolan
Mash - Nichol - Mayers/Mitchell/McGinn

Quote:
One of the big questions to be decided in training camp is who will take over the captaincy from retired defenseman Rob Blake(notes). McLellan named Blake captain last year to replace Patrick Marleau(notes), although he stressed that the leadership must come from a group not just one captain.

Boyle and Joe Pavelski(notes) are among those likely to be considered for the spot

Interesting

if they brought back nolan, he should be captain imo
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
niemi get your ass new pads and a different mask. dudes wearing his blackhawks 1 still

saw that.

Heatley-Thornton-Marleau
Clowe-Pavelski-Setoguchi
McGinn-Couture-Mitchell
McLaren-Nichol-Mayers

I stand corrected, it says Clowe-Thornton-Setoguchi were grouped together.. so knowing that, it would be...

Clowe-Thornton-Setoguchi
Heatley-Pavelski-Marleau
McGinn-Couture-Mitchell
McLaren-Nichol-Mayers

And you know what.. that's actually a pretty interesting top two line combinations. I don't think I've seen them try this before. I wonder if this will be a combo in the regular season. I rather like the looks of it.

Heatley-Thornton-Marleau
Clowe-Pavelski-Setoguchi
McGinn-Couture-Mitchell
McLaren-Nichol-Mayers

I stand corrected, it says Clowe-Thornton-Setoguchi were grouped together.. so knowing that, it would be...

Clowe-Thornton-Setoguchi
Heatley-Pavelski-Marleau
McGinn-Couture-Mitchell
McLaren-Nichol-Mayers

And you know what.. that's actually a pretty interesting top two line combinations. I don't think I've seen them try this before. I wonder if this will be a combo in the regular season. I rather like the looks of it.

as long clowe doesnt go to his phase where he thinks he thornton trying those fancy passes i like those 2 lines. i like splitting the big 3 for a more balanced attack, the top 2 lines can be serious fire power with the 3rd line having the potential to put up good pts
Share 49ersWebzone