LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 193 users in the forums

*** San Jose Sharks 2010-11 Pacific Div. Champs Off-season Thread ***

Dougie...you should get fired if this doenst happen

Come'on man
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Dougie...you should get fired if this doenst happen

Come'on man

Wow.. he rejected Owen Nolan for Cam MacIntyre basically? Do you think Cam is ever going to be a 40 goal scorer? What the frick, DW? You can EASILY put Cam in Worcester until Nolan goes, or gets hurt or something.

I didn't even realize Nolan was still out there. Wow. Again. Wow.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 5, 2010 at 3:04 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Hopper:
No doubt in my mind Dougie will use our 2011 first pick packaged with a player to get that top 4 Dman.

How much do you want to bet that player (or players) will be a goaltender? And/or another D-man?

1st + Greiss/Nitty + Expendable D-man (Huskins/Leach/Wallin) = Great D-man.

I just hope that if we do that, we try to ensure the ability to keep that player around. It won't make much of a difference if we get an All-Star who leaves the next year, leaving us the same hole we had.

Then you've got the issue of Demers. This kid is very talented, and looks to be well on his way to becoming a top-4 defenseman sometime in the future. I'm guessing he's going to be groomed to be Boyle's eventually replacement. Boyle is 34 years old now. I would love for him to last until he's 40, but who knows if that'll happen?

if we trade nitty after signing him this off season will hurt us signing future free agents. it'll make dw look like a d**k, i love demers upside hope he can take a huge step this yr. with the way we continue to play boyle very high mins he wont last till hes 38, we must find another d man that can take mins away from him keeping boyle fresh

True, DW would look bad if we shipped off Nitty. I feel bad for Greiss, because I think he really likes it here. But if he's traded, he's got a good chance to get a lot more playing time elsewhere.

I'm also curious if we'll try to convert Demers into a winger -- but let me be clear, I strongly feel we should NOT do that. He's already showing himself to be a great offensive defenseman in the making, and with time, he'll learn to be better in knowing when to pinch or not in the offensive zone. Who knows, maybe in a few year Demers could get up to Boyle's level? That would be good timing, too. But he has to keep growing and improving.

i feel bad for griess too, i really wanted to see what he can do with more gms under his belt. i never really thought greiss was out right horrible, but it wouldve helped if he had gms where he played back to back or at least twice a wk to get him in rhythm . greiss had moments where he looked real good and made really nice saves, it was his over commitment that usually got him into trouble but thats fixable.

the other dman im excited about in doherty and if he develops into his potential along with demers were suddenly looking really good on d.
Originally posted by Hopper:
No doubt in my mind Dougie will use our 2011 first pick packaged with a player to get that top 4 Dman.

How much do you want to bet that player (or players) will be a goaltender? And/or another D-man?

1st + Greiss/Nitty + Expendable D-man (Huskins/Leach/Wallin) = Great D-man.

I just hope that if we do that, we try to ensure the ability to keep that player around. It won't make much of a difference if we get an All-Star who leaves the next year, leaving us the same hole we had.

Then you've got the issue of Demers. This kid is very talented, and looks to be well on his way to becoming a top-4 defenseman sometime in the future. I'm guessing he's going to be groomed to be Boyle's eventually replacement. Boyle is 34 years old now. I would love for him to last until he's 40, but who knows if that'll happen?

if we trade nitty after signing him this off season will hurt us signing future free agents. it'll make dw look like a d**k, i love demers upside hope he can take a huge step this yr. with the way we continue to play boyle very high mins he wont last till hes 38, we must find another d man that can take mins away from him keeping boyle fresh

True, DW would look bad if we shipped off Nitty. I feel bad for Greiss, because I think he really likes it here. But if he's traded, he's got a good chance to get a lot more playing time elsewhere.

I'm also curious if we'll try to convert Demers into a winger -- but let me be clear, I strongly feel we should NOT do that. He's already showing himself to be a great offensive defenseman in the making, and with time, he'll learn to be better in knowing when to pinch or not in the offensive zone. Who knows, maybe in a few year Demers could get up to Boyle's level? That would be good timing, too. But he has to keep growing and improving.

i feel bad for griess too, i really wanted to see what he can do with more gms under his belt. i never really thought greiss was out right horrible, but it wouldve helped if he had gms where he played back to back or at least twice a wk to get him in rhythm . greiss had moments where he looked real good and made really nice saves, it was his over commitment that usually got him into trouble but thats fixable.

the other dman im excited about in doherty and if he develops into his potential along with demers were suddenly looking really good on d.

Definitely. I mean, say Doherty and Petrecki come up sometime next year, or even this year?

Murray-Boyle
Vlasic-Demers
Huskins-Petrecki/Doherty

Those lines look nice.
Cheechoo will do training camp with the Stars, he isn't signed though
Yea I think Cheechoo could help out the Stars, if he does well in camp I expect him to sign. I think the Pacific should be interesting this season, I just hope the Stars can keep up with the Sharks, Kings, and Yotes.
Originally posted by eamjr10:
Yea I think Cheechoo could help out the Stars, if he does well in camp I expect him to sign. I think the Pacific should be interesting this season, I just hope the Stars can keep up with the Sharks, Kings, and Yotes.

Another Stars fan? Just out of curiosity, do you live in Dallas?
Originally posted by eamjr10:

Another Stars fan? Just out of curiosity, do you live in Dallas?

I live about 180 miles just Southwest of Dallas, however my wife and I are partial season ticket holders so we try to make 10-12 games a year.
The Sharks, who improved greatly by acquiring Niemi last week aren't done yet. Sources have told me the possibility exist the Sharks make another move for a D-man and have had talks with the NY Rangers about Mark Staal, The Canucks about Kevin Bieksa, and Paul Mara, and even MA Bergeron.

God let eklund be right about that
The Sharks, who improved greatly by acquiring Niemi last week aren't done yet. Sources have told me the possibility exist the Sharks make another move for a D-man and have had talks with the NY Rangers about Mark Staal, The Canucks about Kevin Bieksa, and Paul Mara, and even MA Bergeron.

OMG PLEEEEEAAASSSSSSEEEE!!!!!!!!!! i didnt think we wouldve gone after hjalmarrson and dw proved me wrong, hope he proves me wrong again. hey eklund was right about going after niemi

OMG PLEEEEEAAASSSSSSEEEE!!!!!!!!!! i didnt think we wouldve gone after hjalmarrson and dw proved me wrong, hope he proves me wrong again. hey eklund was right about going after niemi

We'd have to part with seto or clowe for sure though

I don't want to give up either of them. They're part of our most amazing playoff line. Just don't know how I feel about that..

I don't want to give up either of them. They're part of our most amazing playoff line. Just don't know how I feel about that..

Rangers need offense

Throwing it out there

trade clowe + griess + change

Sign Nolan

free up some cap with clowe to extend gooch and Jumbo

Rangers need offense

Throwing it out there

trade clowe + griess + change

Sign Nolan

free up some cap with clowe to extend gooch and Jumbo

If we got Nolan, that would help a little, bit it'd be only a short-term thing. I just worry about losing Clowe's fire and grit. Clowe and Seto are the perfect complements to each other, with Pavelski being that greatly balanced player, and that's what makes that 2nd line so perfect.

If we're forced to part with one, I guess I would probably rather extend Seto, because of the two, he's a guy that you'd have a much harder time finding someone that could either duplicate or exceed what he brings to the team. Seto has terrific speed, is a great forechecker, has good goal-scoring moves, and a rocket shot with sweet hands in the right situation. Grinders are easier to find than goal scorers.

If we had Staal, our third defensive pair would go to Huskins-Wallin/Demers, barring the trade of Kent. If we traded Kent, it would be Wallin-Demers with up-and-comers Petrecki, Doherty, Braun, and Shaus in development still.

I think it all also greatly depends on what we think guys like Couture, McGinn, etc. are going to progress into.
^^^^

Our D

Danny Boyle - Teach me how to Dougie Muarry

Pickles - Stall

Demers - Random Person (Huskins/Wallin/Shuttle)

If it would just cost Clowe, Huskins, Griess. We still keep mitchell, Mcginn, Couture. Couture could see time on the 2nd line regardless of a trade of not.

Would not be bad at all
Share 49ersWebzone