LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

Big Ten Splits into two

Big Ten Split

They are making two six team divisions....Ohio State got the better split for sure.

Michigan has State and Nebraska in the division so a little harder schedule, IMO. Still tough though with Penn and Wisconsin. Actually a pretty good split.
[ Edited by Rubberneck36 on Sep 1, 2010 at 1:16 PM ]
Right now yeah, if Michigan and Nebraska ever become relevant contenders again, it wouldn't look too bad. I'm guessing geography played a part in the selection process.
Ehh... it's relatively even. Nebraska/Iowa makes the other conference harder, though.
all the moves make sense this year except BYU being independent. That is dumb.

Big Ten having a championship will make it more interesting. That is the good thing in the SEC. Wish they all did that. I did like the PAC 10 version until they added more teams. I like that you play everyone at least once.
I hate the Big Ten so much.
To divide OSU and Michigan is inexcusable.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

But they will play every year.

This is done so some years they will play twice.
now they are the Little Six

What's wrong with that? It will avoid a situation like the Big XII where you'd have a powerhouse division with UT, OU, and couple other teams, and you'd end up with an 11-1 team playing a 7-5 team in the conference championship.
Originally posted by BSacamano:

What's wrong with that? It will avoid a situation like the Big XII where you'd have a powerhouse division with UT, OU, and couple other teams, and you'd end up with an 11-1 team playing a 7-5 team in the conference championship.

this. Seeing that happen annoys me! Just think if It was Texas-Oklahoma in Big XII title games. That s**t would be epic!

Share 49ersWebzone