LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

PAC-10 2010/11 Season

Noteworthy Games this Week 2

This week, the PAC-10 has the chance to make a statement for its conference in these 3 games.

1. #9 Iowa at #24 Arizona, 7:30pm, Sept. 18 - This is the biggest game in CFB this week. Iowa is a darkhorse to make the National Championship game with a veteran QB, power running game and a dominant D led by DE Clayborn, a sure 1st round talent. Arizona has the most productive QB in the PAC who has revived the program behind a good O-Line and a solid defense. I give the nod to the home team, Arizona 24 Iowa 17.

2. #8 Nebraska at Washington 12:30pm, Sept. 18 - Huskies looked bad against BYU and seemed to wake up against Syracuse. Nebraska's D is hungry to dismantle another highly though of QB and has a dual threat QB who should give Washington's D fits. If Locker wants to be in the Heisman race, a win here will put him in it. Nebraska 28 Washington 14.

3. Arizona State at 11 Wisconsin 12:30pm, Sept.18 - ASU brings what should be one of the nations top run D's, albeit most undisciplined, led by super sophomore MLB Vontaze Burfict to face one of the nations top rushing attacks. Wisconsin's O-Line averages 320 lbs and John Clay is an imposing RB weighing in at 255lbs. This is Burfict vs. Clay, something has to give. ASU also brings its new no-huddle spread attack against a vulnerable pass D. Wisconsin 27 ASU 13. (I just don't have any faith in my Devils after two atrocious years....)

SDN Record: 5-1
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 12, 2010 at 10:01 PM ]
College football

I'm very excited to watch Jake Locker play. It's his year to make a case for #1 overall and a FAT paycheck!
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Aug 31, 2010 at 8:01 PM ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Noteworthy Games this Week

1. Oregon State (#24) vs. TCU (#6), Saturday 4:45PM - National Title contenders will be decided early as TCU faces OSU and Boise takes on Virginia Tech in week 1. Beavers have the Rodgers brothers and a great DT, but will be breaking in a new QB. TCU almost returns all their starters (16) and are led by the current wins leader at QB with Andy Dalton. The Beavers seem to always start a season with an OOC loss so I'm going with the Horned Frogs 24-14. *Really this is the only big game in week 1 for the PAC.

2. Washington at BYU, Saturday 4PM - Has a losing QB ever been so highly coveted? Locker's last year to have a winning season. Huskies return nearly their entire roster whereas BYU is unsettled at QB and needs to replace their top RB and top WR. Despite being on the road, Huskies 31-20.

3. USC at Hawaii, Thursday 8PM- The Lane Kiffin era begins with a thousand mile plus road trip to a program that has struggled since June Jones left. USC wins comfortably and game should never be in doubt. But should be worth keeping an eye on to see how much passion USC plays with and first game under Kiffin's belt at USC.

you might want to add a link to this website
Originally posted by AC49er:

1. Oregon State (#24) vs. TCU (#6), Saturday 4:45PM - National Title contenders will be decided early as TCU faces OSU and Boise takes on Virginia Tech in week 1. Beavers have the Rodgers brothers and a great DT, but will be breaking in a new QB. TCU almost returns all their starters (16) and are led by the current wins leader at QB with Andy Dalton. The Beavers seem to always start a season with an OOC loss so I'm going with the Horned Frogs 24-14. *Really this is the only big game in week 1 for the PAC.

2. Washington at BYU, Saturday 4PM - Has a losing QB ever been so highly coveted? Locker's last year to have a winning season. Huskies return nearly their entire roster whereas BYU is unsettled at QB and needs to replace their top RB and top WR. Despite being on the road, Huskies 31-20.

3. USC at Hawaii, Thursday 8PM- The Lane Kiffin era begins with a thousand mile plus road trip to a program that has struggled since June Jones left. USC wins comfortably and game should never be in doubt. But should be worth keeping an eye on to see how much passion USC plays with and first game under Kiffin's belt at USC.

No.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Originally posted by AC49er:

No.

What website? lol
Top Pac-10 NFL prospects (*denotes underclassman). My predicted finish. And the PAC-10 is DEEP this year. Limited it to top 25 players.

First Round Talent
1. Jake Locker, QB, Washington
2. Andrew Luck*, QB, Stanford
3. Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
4. Rahim Moore*, S, UCLA
5. Ronald Johnson, WR, USC
6. Jurell Casey*, DT, USC
7. Lawrence Guy*, DT, ASU
8. Akeem Ayers*, OLB, UCLA
9. Kristofer O'Dowd, C, USC
10. Cameron Jordan, DE, CAl
11. Stanley Havili, FB, USC

2nd-4th Round Talent
12. Kenny Rowe, 3-4 OLB, Oregon
13. Chris Owusu*, WR, Stanford
14. Colin Baxter, C, Arizona
15. Trevin Wade*, CB, Arizona
16. Marc Tyler*, RB, USC
17. Thomas Keiser*, 3-4 OLB, Stanford
18. Casey Mathews, ILB, Oregon
19. James Rodgers, WR, Oregon State
20. Allen Bradford, RB, USC
21. Ricky Elmore, DE, Arizona
22. Shane Vareen*,RB, Cal
23. Jacquizz Roders*, RB, Oregon State
24. Omar Bolden*, CB, ASU
25. Michael Morgan, OLB, USC

Edit: There are also a number of super sophmores such as LaMicheal James, Barkley, and Burfict who are top 25 talent that I left out

USC is pretty stacked this year IMO. Hawaii exposed their weak secondary, but other than they are at their usual ridiculously stacked level. Much better team than last year.

2nd Edit: Finally, its worth watching Forbaith (UCLA) v. Weber (ASU) in a duel of the top kickers in the country IMO
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 3, 2010 at 8:22 PM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Lawrence Guy comes into my gym in Phoenix on occasion. The dude drives an Escalade. Hmm...

He said that agents have told him he is top 15. Clearly Dennis Erickson doesn't run a very tight ship.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Lawrence Guy comes into my gym in Phoenix on occasion. The dude drives an Escalade. Hmm...

He said that agents have told him he is top 15. Clearly Dennis Erickson doesn't run a very tight ship.

meh, I could care less.

IMO, almost every kid projected in the 1st round talks to agents and has access to money. Think about it, your friend is going to be a millionaire in 1 year and asks that you cover him for now and he will pay you back later, what are you doing to do? I'd cover him without hesitating! Its not a question of whether CFB kids break NCAA rules, its only a question of if they get caught. If Guy leaves early, I think he will be more of a 20 or later pick.

As far as top 15 pick, he could be. He is one hell of a physical specimen, where Paea will strong arm fools like its nothing, Guy combines his size with tremendous speed and agility. But he needs to produce a LOT more to be top 15. And its common knowledge Guy wants to leave early, along with every other Freshman All-American...

Edit: And Erickson is an upgrade in terms of enforcing rules over the f**k up Koetter....
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 3, 2010 at 10:38 PM ]
Top Pac-10 NFL prospects (*denotes underclassman). My predicted finish. And the PAC-10 is DEEP this year. Limited it to top 25 players.

First Round Talent
1. Jake Locker, QB, Washington
2. Andrew Luck*, QB, Stanford
3. Stephen Paea, DT, Oregon State
4. Rahim Moore*, S, UCLA
5. Ronald Johnson, WR, USC
6. Jurell Casey*, DT, USC
7. Lawrence Guy*, DT, ASU
8. Akeem Ayers*, OLB, UCLA
9. Kristofer O'Dowd, C, USC
10. Cameron Jordan, DE, CAl
11. Stanley Havili, FB, USC

2nd-4th Round Talent
12. Kenny Rowe, 3-4 OLB, Oregon
13. Chris Owusu*, WR, Stanford
14. Colin Baxter, C, Arizona
15. Trevin Wade*, CB, Arizona
16. Marc Tyler*, RB, USC
17. Thomas Keiser*, 3-4 OLB, Stanford
18. Casey Mathews, ILB, Oregon
19. James Rodgers, WR, Oregon State
20. Allen Bradford, RB, USC
21. Ricky Elmore, DE, Arizona
22. Shane Vareen*,RB, Cal
23. Jacquizz Roders*, RB, Oregon State
24. Omar Bolden*, CB, ASU
25. Michael Morgan, OLB, USC

Edit: There are also a number of super sophmores such as LaMicheal James, Barkley, and Burfict who are top 25 talent that I left out

USC is pretty stacked this year IMO. Hawaii exposed their weak secondary, but other than they are at their usual ridiculously stacked level. Much better team than last year.

2nd Edit: Finally, its worth watching Forbaith (UCLA) v. Weber (ASU) in a duel of the top kickers in the country IMO

bolded my favorite non QBs. Also I think Marvin Jones from Cal could have a pretty big season
Kevin Prince, QB, UCLA - worst QB in the Pac-10

UCLA will struggle to win 4 games this season with Prince's terrible play

Kevin Prince, QB, UCLA - worst QB in the Pac-10

UCLA will struggle to win 4 games this season with Prince's terrible play

f**k ucla
wow Akeem Ayers is good
Does Jerry Rice Jr get any playing time?

And damn, Oregon put down 72 points
wow, Ryan Katz, QB Oregon State is going to be a great QB. His arm strength is unbelievable. He might have a stronger arm then Locker.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
wow, Ryan Katz, QB Oregon State is going to be a great QB. His arm strength is unbelievable. He might have a stronger arm then Locker.

Yea I was really impressed with him. Once he gets more experience he will be a great player.
Share 49ersWebzone