There are 133 users in the forums

Coffee Retires?

I think we would have signed Fargas but he just signed with Denver. Man, now Dixon is going to get a lot of reps in practice and game action in the pre-season.
I Dedicate this song to Glen Coffee

• fly15
  • Veteran
Whats next??
wow.........
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by crabman82:
so when does the trade for marshawn lynch happen?

Never this organization will not make that move. I don't think.

Definately will not happen....

What will happen is the Niners going to T-Rath and asking him which RB out there does he not consider a p*ssy. Then based on his response is who we will pickup. Good thing is that we have Gore and also a solid backup runner in Dixon (maybe not a great blocker yet). Plus 4 preseason games to identify someone who may have good potential but cant make the roster of the team he signed with due to established starters.
Originally posted by BobS:
...I hate to think getting lit up on a blitz pick up caused him to quit, but it might have...

That was my first thought.

The grind of camp, the likelihood that Dixon takes his job and then getting flattened on a blitz by a guy that isn't even going to make the team, the pressure broke him.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
The more I think about it the more lynch doesn't seem like a sing type guy lol.

and wtf Sings camp isn't that hard. Didn't Coffee go to Alabama where Saban runs a damn boot camp

Yeah and they have to deal with pretty bad humidity over there. Anyway, it's football, you'd expect it to be tough, right?

This opens the door for Dixon, who is more of a fan favorite. I'd like to see how he does in preseason before I worry about if we need to sign a backup
Oh Crap... just had a bad dream... where the team resigned Clayton
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
This is crazy considering he stayed the whole offseason in SC getting stronger. All that hard work just to quit. lol
Originally posted by 5280High:
Oh Crap... just had a bad dream... where the team resigned Clayton

Clayton is with the Pats, I believe.

-9fA

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by Hopper:
This is crazy considering he stayed the whole offseason in SC getting stronger. All that hard work just to quit. lol

That's why I don't think that he "retired".

I can see him coming back to play football say maybe after a year.

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Aug 13, 2010 at 12:08:36 ]
I am sure some of these college players that were better than everyone they played against in college, but not so much in the NFL, get disheartened. They get a heavy dose of humility and can't handle it. If they can't be as good as they were in college, why settle for a back-up job in the NFL?

Coffee put on muscle, but muscle doesn't make a football player.
God I hope we sign someone fast lol.

Also it's probably alot of things, new Rb coach who gets on his ass, He got blown up by a no body, We got Dixon and he knows he will not beat out gore and it's only a matter of time until Dixon passes him, He put on 15lbs and still can't get out of the dog house.

He thinks, "How in the hell can I get out of here? I know! Retire! Then come back a yr or few months later and give a speech about how I was having a rough time in life, wasn't happy, needed a break, and now I'm motivated and missed football."

Now he could get a chance with a team where he actually has a shot. Until of course he gets his sorry ass blown up again.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I Dedicate this song to Glen Coffee

and this

Share 49ersWebzone