LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

2011 - 2012 Golden State Warriors Thread.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Who knows, maybe Biedrins becomes a double-double machine again and we find a way to trade him at the deadline.

It's not impossibe for us to trade Biedrins which would be the best case scenario.

That we we'd still have the amnesty to use on David Lee if we wanted to.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
You guys can laugh all you want, but not one of you has listed a single reason why he is good or worth the money he gets. My problems with him? Heres the list:

-One of the worst defensive players in the NBA. Whoever he guards scores at will against him. Not just elite PFs. Every PF.

-For a player who is supposed to be a rebounding machine, you would think that the Warriors as a whole would be a better rebounding team with him on the court right? Well statistics tell otherwise. The Warriors are a better rebounding team with him on the bench. That is a FACT.

-He has a very limited skill set when it comes to post play.

So there you have it. That is why I think he is garbage. And yes, I stand by my statement that he is barely a top 20 PF in the NBA, if at all.

Sometimes stats don't tell the whole story. We were a pretty good team before he got injured last year and we went into a funk when guys like Gadzuric was getting more PT. It's also difficult to be a better rebounding team when there's a ? at the center position.

You can bring money all you want, and no one is disagreeing with you that he is overpaid, but guess what....EVERYONE IS OVERPAID. Especially if a player you want, was recently an all star. That's just how professional sports works.
I was as against the David Lee sign-and-trade as anyone, but there's nothing to be gained from cutting him now. Cutting David Lee so you can overpay Nene or someone like that is a lateral move. And as crzy said, the amnesty provision doesn't expire, although it has to be used on a player that was signed under the previous CBA.
Let's pick a mod, pm him all, and have this thread locked so we can start a new one
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
It's known I didn't like giving Lee 80 mil. But If given the choice to amnesty Biedrins or Lee. I'm not hesitating, I'm giving Biedrins a first class ticket out of town.

We all know Biedrins can't shoot free throws, but he went to the free throw line 31 times. To explain how putrid that is for a starting center is almost unbearable. I can't stand giving a center 9 mil that's scared of contact on the offensive end. At least Lee can give you something on the offensive end and he's not avoiding contact to get to the free throw line.
Originally posted by Hopper:
It's known I didn't like giving Lee 80 mil. But If given the choice to amnesty Biedrins or Lee. I'm not hesitating, I'm giving Biedrins a first class ticket out of town.

We all know Biedrins can't shoot free throws, but he went to the free throw line 31 times. To explain how putrid that is for a starting center is almost unbearable. I can't stand giving a center 9 mil that's scared of contact on the offensive end. At least Lee can give you something on the offensive end and he's not avoiding contact to get to the free throw line.

This. Both are bad contracts but Beans is just useless. He's actually liability.
New season time.
Share 49ersWebzone