Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Originally posted by LakerLove:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by teeohh:
How in the he'll are they going to fill out thier roster

They only have five players on their roster

Pay out their ass in Luxury Tax, ala the Lakers ($21.5 Mill last season)

Still not certain what the luxury tax is, but a team can be over the cap as much as they want as long as they're willing to pay a luxury tax? So they can basically buy a championship?

Let's say a team goes over the cap by $5 Million. Then they also have to pay $10 in Luxury Tax to the NBA.

Actually I think the luxery tax treshold is different then the cap number

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=coon_larry&page=salarycap-100708

Soft Cap is $58 million. Hard cap/Luxury Tax Level is $70 or so million.

Ah, so there's a gap between the 2, right? So what's the light penalty for going over the $58 figure? Or is there one?

No penalty at all. But once over the $58m figure, you can only sign other players to vet minimums or with the MLE/LLE unless they're on your team already, otherwise you can offer your own players whatever contracts (for resigning) up to/over the hard cap and face luxury tax IIRC.

Still not certain what the luxury tax is, but a team can be over the cap as much as they want as long as they're willing to pay a luxury tax? So they can basically buy a championship?

Let's say a team goes over the cap by $5 Million. Then they also have to pay $10 in Luxury Tax to the NBA.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=coon_larry&page=salarycap-100708

Ah, so there's a gap between the 2, right? So what's the light penalty for going over the $58 figure? Or is there one?

There is no penalty but you can only go over the cap by a few exceptions and rules.

Most of the time it's signing your own free agents
Woooooo new heat fans

ghey

There is no penalty but you can only go over the cap by a few exceptions and rules.

they showed it on espn

first every1 on their roster has to be under the cap then they have to sign the rest of their team via FA or draft picks to limited contracts

bottom line they may have 3 of the top 10 players in the league but the rest of the team is gonna suck
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

they showed it on espn

first every1 on their roster has to be under the cap then they have to sign the rest of their team via FA or draft picks to limited contracts

bottom line they may have 3 of the top 10 players in the league but the rest of the team is gonna suck

Is Bosh a top 10 player?
Originally posted by GameOver:
BRING IT YOU SORRY SONS OF b***hES! GET YOUR BIG 3 AND 9 OTHER MOTHERf**kERS WHO CAN BARELY GRIP A BASKETBALL BRING IT

I WANT ALL OF IT, SHOW ME WHAT THE f**k YOU GOT, TAKE PAT RILEY AS A MOTHERf**kING COACH, TAKE SHAQ AS YOUR 5, I DONT GIVE A f**k, YOU DONT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES, PUT A BUNCH OF YOUNG ATHLETIC STARS ON ONE TEAM AND YOU THINK YOU'LL TAKE IT FROM US?

2011 IS OUR YEAR AND WE'LL MAKE YOU WORK FOR ANY SINGLE CHAMPIONSHIP YOU DO HAPPEN TO WIN IN THE NEXT 5 YEARS

btw, for what its worth, i do think these 3 will end up winning ONE title in the next 5 years, I think no more than 3 when its all said and done, I think Lakeshow, Chicago, & the Thunder will have some words for Miami if they think they'll be winning it anymore then that

That's my dogg.

they showed it on espn

Is Bosh a top 10 player?

Top 10 player is debatable, but he's easily one of the top 5-6 bigs in the game right now
They don't have a real big front line. They need to get some big guys who are physical. I think they need more than 3 finesse scorers to build a championship team.

they showed it on espn

Is Bosh a top 10 player?

Top 10 player is debatable, but he's easily one of the top 5-6 bigs in the game right now

I think that's more accurate.

they showed it on espn

Is Bosh a top 10 player?

off the top of my head no particular order: kobe, LeBron, Wade, Paul, Dirk, Pao, Deron, Melo, joe j, Dwight, Amare (maybe), Nash, Durant, Roy....and maybe Granger and GWallace but not likely

are all better.

Originally posted by ninerlifer:

they showed it on espn

Is Bosh a top 10 player?

off the top of my head no particular order: kobe, LeBron, Wade, Paul, Dirk, Pao, Deron, Melo, joe j, Dwight, Amare (maybe), Nash, Durant, Roy....and maybe Granger and GWallace but not likely

are all better.

When you say Pao, do you mean Pau or Yao?

And yeah, I agree with your list.
^^^ lmfao @ not including Pau is arguably the best PF in the game right now... Unless your Pao is not Yao... I did not catch your spelling blunder.
[ Edited by socalfan21 on Jul 8, 2010 at 8:38 PM ]
Originally posted by socalfan21:
^^^ lmfao @ not including Pau is arguably the best PF in the game right now

Pau is on the list!!!!!

Bosh is better than Yao right now....no one knows how Yao will play after well over a year off.
^^^ lmfao @ not including Pau is arguably the best PF in the game right now... Unless your Pao is not Yao... I did not catch your spelling blunder.

yeah i spelled Pau wrong. But he absolutely is the best PF in the game. Bosh is better than Tim Duncan at this point in their careers.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

yeah i spelled Pau wrong. But he absolutely is the best PF in the game. Bosh is better than Tim Duncan at this point in their careers.

I edited it homie my apologies
Share 49ersWebzone