There are 170 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 10/11

• NickV
  • Veteran
Palermo givin Milan fits. Milan has been knocking on the door but havent been able to bash it down.

Miccoli looks fat! lol Still remeber the good ole days when he had a great 2 years at Benfica
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Bale signs a new deal with Spurs - till 2015.

Spurs lack a genuine forward to pair with Defoe, and I expect them to land one this summer. They will be damn good once they do. If I'm them - I go after Fernando Llorente as my starter, and Bojan as my backup for next season. Spend the money they are making in CL this season wisely.

Great move for them. Another winger would do them wonders and one more striker.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:
Bale signs a new deal with Spurs - till 2015.

Spurs lack a genuine forward to pair with Defoe, and I expect them to land one this summer. They will be damn good once they do. If I'm them - I go after Fernando Llorente as my starter, and Bojan as my backup for next season. Spend the money they are making in CL this season wisely.

Great move for them. Another winger would do them wonders and one more striker.

Yea, they desperately needed to hold onto him. They have a good winger opposite him in Lennon. Their mid-field is one of the best in England, but they really lack a dominating forward. Getting Drogba from Chelsea will make a lot of sense too.

They need to add a quality defender as well - and if they can add some pieces, I can see them competing for EPL next season.
Let's go quakes!! It's friggin pouring out there!
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Let's go quakes!! It's friggin pouring out there!

They got unlucky. They had 2 clear cut chances to score and they had a onslaught in the last 10 minutes.

A draw would have been fairer.
  • NickV
  • Veteran

DL 2 - Torres 0

lol

[ Edited by NickV on Mar 20, 2011 at 11:44:12 ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Barcelona's Dani Alves Agrees Contract Extension Until 2015

Dani Alves has proven his worth to the club and fans in the last few months. There is no RB in the World who is better than Alves at this moment and to have him locked up for the next 4 years is a great move.

I'm down on Alves a little bit at the start of the year, but he has continued to play hard during the negotiations and won a lot of ppl over.
Wow, got to hand it to Mexico for selling out a game in Oakland, lol!
Was there ever a doubt of a sell out in Oakland?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Who is Mexico playing?

USA vs. Messi is tonight, right?

Who is Mexico playing?

Yup

Oh and if anyone is watching the Mexico vs Paraguay match, two quick questions:

1. How nasty does that Mexican team look? God I hope the US can build up their backfield b/c that frontline of Mexico is gonna be better than the Argentinean front line in the next two years

2. Is there ANY Paraguay fans there? All is see is a sea of El Tri, lol
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Who is Mexico playing?

Yup

Oh and if anyone is watching the Mexico vs Paraguay match, two quick questions:

1. How nasty does that Mexican team look? God I hope the US can build up their backfield b/c that frontline of Mexico is gonna be better than the Argentinean front line in the next two years

2. Is there ANY Paraguay fans there? All is see is a sea of El Tri, lol

Not sure about that. Mexico will be really good, but Messi - Tevez - Kun - Di Maria - Higuain - that's a filthy group to pick your forwards/attacking mid-field from.

Not to mention, Pastore is also there.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Chelsea signed Brazil's Lucas...the 18 year old super-talented mid. Great signing.

Barca needs to sign Neymar.
Mexico 3 Paraguay 0, half time. Chicharrito has 2 goals.
Chelsea signed Brazil's Lucas...the 18 year old super-talented mid. Great signing.

Barca needs to sign Neymar.

I think Barça is set for the next few years, though Chelsea is starting to build up their talent, but wouldn't be surprised if Torres or Drogba gets sent off b/c their styles a little clashing (unless of course Torres can learn how to not be selfish, don't see Drogba ever changing)

As for Mexico's front line, let a lot of their young talent build up, with Chicarito and dos Santos developing in major teams (dos Santos will be picked up soon), all I worry with them is that their backline is getting old, just like the US squads.
Share 49ersWebzone