LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 10/11

• Riot
  • Veteran
Brazil oughta get Marco Bielsa. Imagine how many goals they'd score.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Benfica starting off the season the right way by winning their first friendly yesterday.

Losing 1-0 right now. Our new goalie let in a soft one. Its at the half. Just a little warm up for the WC.
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
soccer has seasons?!

Thats what I was wondering..I just figured it was something we played when we were bored

true. let's all go back to watching the magic get that ass spanked by the celtics.

more entertaining then soccer..lol

good thing we live in the US. dont have to hear bout this ugly game no more
Originally posted by Riot:
Brazil oughta get Marco Bielsa. Imagine how many goals they'd score.

I believe Bielsa is a very good coach. But brazilians are real xenophobes when it comes to the coach of Seleção.
  • dman
  • Veteran
And the winnner of next season's premier league title will be ...

Originally posted by dman:

I see the beginning of a trend here...
Hi guys i'm an english niners fan with a challenge for whoever want's to accept it. I've been a niners fan for almost thirty years and following my team from this side of the pond hasn't always been easy, but these days thanks to the internet it's almost like being over there. Although i'm a niner die hard i don't like every thing about the NFL, mainly money, players behavior and the cowboy's. I do like college football and i will watch far more college ball than other NFL games. Ok enough about me, i've noticed that you soccer fans follow big teams like Man United or Chelsea or Arsenal as well as others, so here's the challenge, i live in Walsall and i support my home team and go to games when work allows me to. Walsall play in league 1 in england and to be fair they ain't that good. So i challenge you to share my pain and adopt Walsall as your 2nd english team or in some cases 1st. Whatever your sport it isn't always about the big boys. I hope 1 or 2 of at least give it a go and let's see where the niners and the saddlers (walsall's nickname) finish at seasons end.
Originally posted by Hambone_49:
Hi guys i'm an english niners fan with a challenge for whoever want's to accept it. I've been a niners fan for almost thirty years and following my team from this side of the pond hasn't always been easy, but these days thanks to the internet it's almost like being over there. Although i'm a niner die hard i don't like every thing about the NFL, mainly money, players behavior and the cowboy's. I do like college football and i will watch far more college ball than other NFL games. Ok enough about me, i've noticed that you soccer fans follow big teams like Man United or Chelsea or Arsenal as well as others, so here's the challenge, i live in Walsall and i support my home team and go to games when work allows me to. Walsall play in league 1 in england and to be fair they ain't that good. So i challenge you to share my pain and adopt Walsall as your 2nd english team or in some cases 1st. Whatever your sport it isn't always about the big boys. I hope 1 or 2 of at least give it a go and let's see where the niners and the saddlers (walsall's nickname) finish at seasons end.

Great post my friend, fear not, there are a few amongst us who aren't obsessed with the 'Big 4', Spurs, Man City etc. I'm possibly the lone Blackburn Rovers fan on here (hometown, born into it!), there is a West Ham fan somewhere. Have passed Walsall's ground many times on the M6.

I like Walsall, every time I play Jumpers for Goalposts on mousebreaker.com they always offer me a contract.
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redrose49er:

Great post my friend, fear not, there are a few amongst us who aren't obsessed with the 'Big 4', Spurs, Man City etc. I'm possibly the lone Blackburn Rovers fan on here (hometown, born into it!), there is a West Ham fan somewhere. Have passed Walsall's ground many times on the M6.

A lot of American fans follow teams with Yanks. I've always had a soft spot for Arsenal, but really I care far more about Fulham (Clint Dempsey) finishing in the top half or Everton (Tim Howard) clinching a European spot than the Gunners winning a title. Aris in the Greek League is interesting for having two living US Soccer tragedies: Eddie Johnson and Freddy Adu.

If Everton buys Landon Donovan they'll probably become my favorite Euro team.

Originally posted by dman:

I wish this octopus hadn't retired and could start calling football games. I'd be making some serious money next season.
NickV, where are you watching these Benfica games? I would love to actually watch these games instead of just reading the post-game coverage online.

Hambone, Walsall is now my second favorite Engliah team as long as you keep me updated.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by foreign49er:
NickV, where are you watching these Benfica games? I would love to actually watch these games instead of just reading the post-game coverage online.

Hambone, Walsall is now my second favorite Engliah team as long as you keep me updated.

If is a sunday game I have SP TV for dish network, If I don't get the game there
I use ATDHE.net

Or I go here Casa Do Benfica Been going there since I was a kid with my dad.

If you click on that Atdhe link you can watch ANY sporting event for free. For example i'm gonna watch Man U play Celtic in about 20 minutes.
Originally posted by NickV:

If is a sunday game I have SP TV for dish network, If I don't get the game there
I use ATDHE.net

If you click on that Atdhe link you can watch ANY sporting event for free. For example i'm gonna watch Man U play Celtic in about 20 minutes.

I knew about atdhe but I never saw any Benfica games, maybe I just went at the wrong times. I live in Boston so casa do Benfica won't work but thanks anyway! I hear there is a big Benfica bar in Boston that I'm thinking of checking out this year. Appreciate the help.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:

I use ATDHE.net

I knew about atdhe but I never saw any Benfica games, maybe I just went at the wrong times. I live in Boston so casa do Benfica won't work but thanks anyway! I hear there is a big Benfica bar in Boston that I'm thinking of checking out this year. Appreciate the help.

No problemo. I believe there is a casa do benfica in Cambridge. Is that near Boston?
Share 49ersWebzone