LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

**Utah Jazz Offseason Thread**

I love the change. Golden States new logo is pretty sweet too.

I'm just glad we added the green. I can't wait to see the jerseys!
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Try to get something for Boozer in a sign & trade, but let him walk if you can't. (IMO)

I hope they do a sign and trade. I almost don't even care what we get cuz its time for him to go. We're not gonna win anything with him on the team.

If we do a sign and trade, that would be amazing! I really doubt it will happen though. I think we need to let Boozer walk. Getting compensation would be choice, but again, not likely. We need to make some definite changes to this team. We already know where our current roster gets us. We've known for 3 straight years. It's time to mix things up.

This draft will be huge for us. It should be an exciting off season for basketball. Hopefully for Jazz fans too. If we resign Boozer I wont be too happy
One more thing, we need to bring Matthews back. It's funny how in preseason last year I had no idea who he was or why he was starting, but now he's one of my favorite players. BRING HIM BACK TO UTAH!
Originally posted by saniner:
One more thing, we need to bring Matthews back. It's funny how in preseason last year I had no idea who he was or why he was starting, but now he's one of my favorite players. BRING HIM BACK TO UTAH!

lol I know right? I kept asking around cuz I had no idea who he was, but damn he's turned into one of my favorite players in the league. I hope we sign him to a 4 year deal worth about 10 to 12 million. I think thats fair for him just as long as he comes back. If he gets more consistent with his outside shot he and CJ should both average around 12-16 ppg for us next year which would be awesome. My next jersey will probably be his as well in the new colors.
Quote:
The Jazz may look to re-sign restricted free agent Kyrylo Fesenko this offseason.

According to the Salt Lake Tribune, Fesenko's exit interview with Utah head coach Jerry Sloan and general manager Kevin O'Connor "was believed to have been highly positive."

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Wesley Matthews will be a restricted free agent this summer. Matthews prefers to remain with the Jazz.

"It's going to be a huge factor," Matthews said. "I like to be loyal to the people that have done right by me. They passed on me once, as did everybody else, but they didn't make the same mistake twice."

Matthews was asked what he hoped to add to his game for his second season -- he averaged 9.4 points and started 48 games as a rookie.

"I just want to be more of a threat offensively," Matthews said. "I'm still going to bring the same effort on the defensive end, still going to run the floor. Get stronger. Just do everything. I'm going to be a gym rat."

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Deron Williams said Tuesday he will rest his injured right wrist for the next month to month-and-a-half in the hopes that surgery won't be necessary.

"That's the last thing I want to do is have surgery," Williams said, adding, "I've just got to rest it first and hopefully that takes care of it and I can play."
Hopefully thats the right decision.

Quote:
Kyle Korver is one of a few players that could potentially leave the Jazz this offseason, but he's open to returning.

Korver, who will be an unrestricted free agent, set an NBA record for three-point shooting percentage (53.6) this season.

"I'm very open to (signing with the Jazz)," Korver told FanHouse on Monday night. "We'll see what (the Jazz) want to do. It's too soon to really break all that down. You're always frustrated when you lose the last game, but they have a lot of decisions to make as far as roster goes, Booze and other guys. We'll see how it all plays out. Salary cap wise, (Carlos Boozer's situation) plays a huge role. We'll have to see what they do."

I love Korver but I don't wanna overpay for him. Maybe do it for 3.5 to 4 million a year. He pretty much proved how much of a liability he is when he's on the floor and not making his shoots.

f**king rockin dude!!!!

I can't wait to buy these!!!!

f**king rockin dude!!!!

I can't wait to buy these!!!!
I actually really like these jerseys! Can't wait to see the finished product.
who cares about the Jazz?
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
who cares about the Jazz?

Jazz fans

Draft lottery is coming up!! I'm really hoping we get a pick higher than 9th. This will be a huge draft for us considering we might lose a lot of guys in FA. Namely Boozer and possibly Korver
meh, 9th.

its better than we wouldve had, but when you get the Knicks pick, you expect something better than that.
Pretty much I just hope Aldrich or the guy from Baylor drops to us. I think the Baylor guy would be a force on the defensive end down in the post which we really need.
Pretty much I just hope Aldrich or the guy from Baylor drops to us. I think the Baylor guy would be a force on the defensive end down in the post which we really need.

Length and defense is all we need. Aldrich would be great, Monroe would fit in because of his passing, and Udoh has great length that I think can help against the Lakers. I know he isn't 7 feet but he still has more size than Millsap and Boozer.

nice. although i still think the "utah" on the home logo should be there, and the name font looks kinda weird. is that just the pic generator, or what itll actually look like?
[ Edited by Niners99 on May 21, 2010 at 11:02 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone