There are 208 users in the forums

Which of these is worse? (Get a grip on Bay Area Sports)

Which of these is worse? (Get a grip on Bay Area Sports)

Rooting for the Warriors: constantly achieving losing records season after season, failing at basketball so bad we can't even succeed at tanking.

Rooting for the Sharks: Regular Season Champs, out of the playoffs in Rd 1.

Which of these teams is harder to root for?
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Sharks is pretty hard because they have some of the best talent in the whole league and have not played anywhere near it the past 5 seasons.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Come playoff time I mean.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'm a diehard Warriors fan, and a casual Sharks fan.

But rooting for the Sharks is INFINITELY harder.

There is nothing worse than having your expectations built up and built up only to see your team crash and burn every season.

With the Warriors, I accept failure. I welcome failure. The Warriors will likely never accomplish anything. Stephen Curry will leave when his rookie contract is up.

Whatever. It doesn't really matter anymore.

Being a Warriors fan is like if someone walked up to you and stabbed you 50 times and you're lying on the floor bleeding......at that point does it really matter if that person decides to shoot you in the stomach as well. Nope. Nothing f**king matters.
Warriors. I don't know how anyone can consistently root for such a pathetic franchise. Even if the Sharks are chokers, at least they provide entertainment and dominate throughout most of the year.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Warriors. I don't know how anyone can consistently root for such a pathetic franchise. Even if the Sharks are chokers, at least they provide entertainment and dominate throughout most of the year.

I think you have it backwards. The Warriors provide entertainment with no expectations, the Sharks provide constant heartbreak.
I think to be fair you should make a poll with all professional sports in the bay area. Sometimes I find it frustrating as hell rooting for the niners especially in the 2000's.
Originally posted by crzy:

I think you have it backwards. The Warriors provide entertainment with no expectations, the Sharks provide constant heartbreak.

What entertainment? If they never win, how can I be entertained? I rather be a second round bust in the playoffs than never go for 12 or 13 years straight.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

What entertainment? If they never win, how can I be entertained? I rather be a second round bust in the playoffs than never go for 12 or 13 years straight.

Entertainment from simply watching the game with no expectations.

I guess my mind works differently. I do not like disappointment.

I'd rather not have my team be built up, and be the best team in the regular season, only to crash and burn and get upset every year.
Member Milestone: This is post number 3,000 for blunt_probe.

I'd rather not have my team be built up, and be the best team in the regular season, only to crash and burn and get upset every year.

That's loser talk man. If you're NEVER expecting wins, why are you even watching sports? Tell me, do you enjoy not seeing the niners in the playoffs? I'd much rather take the disappointment of losing in the second round or NFC Championship from 1995-2002, than watching today's current s**t. I apply the same reasoning towards the Sharks.
[ Edited by blunt_probe on Apr 16, 2010 at 11:20 PM ]

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame

That's loser talk man. If you're not playing to win, why are you even watching sports? Tell me, do you enjoy not seeing the niners in the playoffs? I'd much rather take the disappointment of losing in the second round or NFC Championship from 1995-2002, than watching today's current s**t. I apply the same reasoning towards the Sharks.

Disagree strongly, let's just leave it at that.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
A basketball example. I think being a Suns fan in 2007 or a Kings fan in 2002 was harder to stomach than being a Warriors fan this decade. And both those fanbases know what I'm talking about. Those teams could literally smell the trophy and had it snatched away.
[ Edited by crzy on Apr 16, 2010 at 11:24 PM ]

That's loser talk man. If you're not playing to win, why are you even watching sports? Tell me, do you enjoy not seeing the niners in the playoffs? I'd much rather take the disappointment of losing in the second round or NFC Championship from 1995-2002, than watching today's current s**t. I apply the same reasoning towards the Sharks.

Disagree strongly, let's just leave it at that.

Fine, we can agree to disagree. I'll just say this though. The Warriors are the reason I'm not very into basketball. If I knew what it was like to root for a Bay Area winning team besides in 2006/07, I know I'd love the sport more. I don't care about other teams or players on other teams. I want my guys to do well. I just can't invest so much emotion in a perpetual loser.
A basketball example. I think being a Suns fan in 2007 or a Kings fan in 2002 was harder to stomach than being a Warriors fan this decade. And both those fanbases know what I'm talking about. Those teams could literally smell the trophy and had it snatched away.

Well I saw that many times growing up as a niner fan, courtesy of Dallas, GB, and Atlanta.I also saw my Giants lose the WS in 2002, and I saw the A's choke to NY and Boston on a consistent basis as well. Still, I'd take winning at least part of the time than never at all.
Sharks

Its like the hottest girl leading you on all night (Sharks in regular season)

only to not f**k you (Sharks in playoffs)
Share 49ersWebzone