Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:
Originally posted by valrod33:
T-Wolves vs Kings tonight

Lol easy win for the kings

I bet cousins goes 20-20

Wesley Johnson is gonna drop 40. BOOK IT

I'll go one further and say that Patrick O'Bryant will be player of the game
Kings looked at Adam Morrison today, as they search for a cheap shooter.

One of my prerequisites for a shooter is an ability to make shots.
Cousins, is there any question that he'll start now? Dalemberte will still get good minutes, but Cousin should be the starter. 1, he's the future for us, Dalemberte is just a one year and done. (unless he's willing to be the primary back up and take less money).
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Kings looked at Adam Morrison today, as they search for a cheap shooter.

One of my prerequisites for a shooter is an ability to make shots.

can we please pick up a quality SG
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

You do realize we really don't have any minutes for a quality SG right? We weren't going to make a splash in FA this year. That's been pretty well documented. Petrie also said he didn't want to sign anyone until after the summer league was over.

I would say to get used to some of these young guys on the summer league roster because we'll probably fill the roster out with some of these young guys like Ryan Thompson, David Sloan, etc.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

You do realize we really don't have any minutes for a quality SG right? We weren't going to make a splash in FA this year. That's been pretty well documented. Petrie also said he didn't want to sign anyone until after the summer league was over.

I would say to get used to some of these young guys on the summer league roster because we'll probably fill the roster out with some of these young guys like Ryan Thompson, David Sloan, etc.

I'm calling it right now, Dionte Christmas is this year's Wes Matthews.

And holy s**t I love Demarcus Cousins
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Those are the two players who impressed me as well. Christmas was very active and I know his offense will come around.

And Cousins....gotta love the clutch factor.

For those who missed the game....

Cousins overcomes frustration, buries game-winner against Minnesota
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I'm with you on that. I like Christmas' game. I like a few of these other players as well as they've all shown some skills. I think signing some of these guys just makes the most sense for this team. With our loaded frontcourt and Casspi/Greene needing minutes we really don't have much playing time for a guy like Morrow, Reddick and some other solid shooters. I think we're pretty much set at guard for the season with Reke, Garcia and Beno taking most of those minutes as well.

If any of these guys on our summer roster can make the team and become this years Wes Matthews, I'd be ecstatic. With the money we'd be saving by not going after guys like Reddick and Morrow it gives us a lot of wiggle room in eventual trades as well this season. I just think Petrie has his sights set on next years FA crop.

And holy s**t, I love Boogie as well.
  • JD81
  • Veteran
COUSINS FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22 points/12 rebounds/5 assists/4 steals/1 block. Not bad Rookie, not bad at all.
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
Cousins, is there any question that he'll start now? Dalemberte will still get good minutes, but Cousin should be the starter. 1, he's the future for us, Dalemberte is just a one year and done. (unless he's willing to be the primary back up and take less money).

I still think to start the year it will be Dalembert. Cousins looks great right now, but the regular season is a different story. Ease him in off the bench with 20-25 minutes a night. If he can handle more, then you move him into the lineup.
Originally posted by SacRock14:

I still think to start the year it will be Dalembert. Cousins looks great right now, but the regular season is a different story. Ease him in off the bench with 20-25 minutes a night. If he can handle more, then you move him into the lineup.

Yeah, I agree with this... we have to keep this in perspective. This is the summer league. He looks great and I'm as pumped as the rest of you guys. Although, I think it would be beneficial to the team and Cousins if he initially came off the bench. Wow, Cousins and Whiteside? The future looks bright at the 5 spot.
Anyone catch Chris Webber/David Kahn last night?

Paraphrasing....

Kahn: "Darko is the best passing big man since Vlade."
Webber: "Vlade Divac?"

Kahn: "I think Darko's career kind of resembles yours, Chris. What year did you really feel comfortable in the league?"
Webber: "Let's not talk about me and Darko in the same sentence."

Webber at the end...sarcastic: "Good luck."

lol. Will always love C-Webb.

Yahoo: link to Kahn/Webber exchange
[ Edited by SacRock14 on Jul 15, 2010 at 9:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone