My team:

Bobby Orr

Paul Coffee

Growdie Howe

Martin Brodeur

Patrick Marleau

Jonathan Cheechoo

THATS SQUAD..nobody can stop the Cheechoo train
We might need to do a cut off at like 1990 (that they played in the 1990-1991 season), hahaha.

That way everybody knows who they are picking.

Like if someone picked Stan Mikita who retired in 1980 and is #14 all time scorer. No one would really know anything about him aside from that stat line.

Edit: Also that way people could pick players who may not be one of the greatest of all time, but we are all familiar with and have seen them play/heard about them. Like Owen Nolan for example.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Apr 13, 2010 at 9:38 PM ]
you guys did understand this was a JOKE, right?
Originally posted by vrabbit:

here's a joke

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=139754

I don't get it.

A NHL draft sounds like a fun idea to me if we can get enough people.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

I don't get it.

A NHL draft sounds like a fun idea to me if we can get enough people.

If we had #'s, I would be in for sure too
  • jrg
  • Veteran
If we could get enough people I may be in on this as well.

I don't see why it's a "joke"?
Possible people interested:

TheSixthRing
SunDevilNiner79
OnTheClock
Ads_2006
Jordache49
jrg

Ninerlifer (maybe)
NinerfanMT (maybe)

Edit: I'll update this list if anyone else is down for it. How many is the minimum we need? 10?
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Apr 14, 2010 at 11:59 AM ]
how many players are we drafting?
I know next to jack s**t about hockey, but I'm sure with enough research, we could all make this a respectable draft.

That said, with all the other drafts happening right now, I would think the timing to do a hockey draft is still a ways down the road.

Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
I know next to jack s**t about hockey, but I'm sure with enough research, we could all make this a respectable draft.

That said, with all the other drafts happening right now, I would think the timing to do a hockey draft is still a ways down the road.

Yeah, I agree.

And as far as the # of players I suggest 2 lines plus a goalie (11 total, 6 forwards, 4 D, 1G).

Yeah, I agree.

And as far as the # of players I suggest 2 lines plus a goalie (11 total, 6 forwards, 4 D, 1G).

I've also come to the conclusion we should only do a current player draft. I started to think of great players since 1990 and there were too many that I had never even seen play. Kinda pointless to a draft if people aren't even familiar with them, and I'm sure if I was unfamiliar, most others were too.

Yeah, I agree.

I've also come to the conclusion we should only do a current player draft. I started to think of great players since 1990 and there were too many that I had never even seen play. Kinda pointless to a draft if people aren't even familiar with them, and I'm sure if I was unfamiliar, most others were too.

One of the great rewards for doing an all-time draft is discovering and learning about great players of the past.

Yeah, I agree.

Im familiar with a lot of them... I'm Canadian
Originally posted by Jordache49:

Yeah, I agree.

Im familiar with a lot of them... I'm Canadian

I guess, but I have no idea how say David Taylor compares to Ryan Kesler.

Edit:Or how about the Stastnys? Is Peter better then Paul? I meant Paul is a HOF with great stats and all, but back then the stats were so inflated. Goalies didn't even do the butterfly!
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Apr 22, 2010 at 10:56 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone