LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

The Official 2010 Notre Dame Fighting Irish Football Thread

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
I'm f**king sick and tired of these bullsh!t performances.

Missed it today. First one in a while but had to go to Ang's great grandma's 95th! Will download and watch this week, but I wasn't expecting much offense without Floyd, Riddick & Ruldolph.

Christ was shyte!

And, thank God we're landing a few DL/DE's in this next recruiting class.

Originally posted by vrabbit:

damn
Heavy hearts in South Bend this week. This one's for Declan.

What a colossal f**king embarrassment.
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/ncf/news/story?id=5749528

not good fellas.

We lost not only Crist and Rudolph, but Armando Allen and NT Ian Williams are done for the yr.
  • evil
  • Veteran

What a colossal f**king embarrassment.

Yup. Bad play call at game's end by Kelly, bad pass from the freshman. Ugh. We were in position to win that game and the worst part....

Quote:
Q. Can you take us through the last play with the interception in the end zone, what you were hoping to see there.

COACH KELLY: Yeah, we knew we had a one‑on‑one matchup with Mike Floyd. We certainly wanted to give that an opportunity for success and score a touchdown there. Took a timeout there to talk about it. I think we all know what happened there.

But keep in mind, you better get used to it, because that's the way we're playing. If we can get a one‑on‑one matchup, and we think we can get that accomplished, we're going to call that play again and again. We'll make that play. We didn't make it today. But in time we'll make that play.

Quote:
Q. I know you said you would call that same play again. 36 seconds left, a field goal kicker who hasn't missed in the last 18 tries, why not just set up a field goal?

COACH KELLY: Why not try to get Michael Floyd one‑on‑one against a 5'9" corner and call a timeout, here is what we're going to do. Second down, take a shot here. If we don't like it, let's throw that thing away.

Tommy wanted to do all those things. Tommy is a gamer. You saw him competing out there. He knows the deal. He's a quarterback.

Again, to me this is how we play. We're going to play aggressive. We're going to play smart. If it's not there, we're going to throw it away. We're going to line up on third down and have another shot to get that thing even closer.

But I would make the call again and I would hope that the process of learning would have a different outcome.

Are you kidding me ? It is one thing to be an aggressive but you still have to coach and play smart football and that play call was not smart and saying you'd do it again is not smart. Admit your mistake jackass. You run the football, try to get into better range and eat up what you can from the clock, that's f**king elementary football stuff.

Rees had a good first half in place of Crist, made good decisions and smart decisions but that unraveled in the second half. Kelly now says the goal is to win 2 of the last 3 and get to 6 wins.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/ncf/news/story?id=5749528

not good fellas.

We lost not only Crist and Rudolph, but Armando Allen and NT Ian Williams are done for the yr.

Can I add to that....

Growing pains hit Irish recruiting

Ugh...we really need to recruit some talent on defense. This losing s**t is not freaking helping.

At least Wood has been getting added reps since he may very well be the starter next year (looks like it) but we could really use Williams for the last 3 games. He has been our best lineman by far.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Ugh. Likely an ass whooping coming our way. s**tty D + Freshman QB -Allen - Rudolph vs Utah =

Ugh. Likely an ass whooping coming our way. s**tty D + Freshman QB -Allen - Rudolph vs Utah =

yep. I'd bet money on Utah covering.

Still though, GO IRISH!
[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Nov 13, 2010 at 2:27 PM ]
Irish up 14-3 with 2 mins left in 1st half.
Pleasant surprise, to say the least. Now, where the f**k have these type of performances been all damn season??
  • evil
  • Veteran
I called that upset
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Pleasant surprise, to say the least. Now, where the f**k have these type of performances been all damn season??

Share 49ersWebzone