LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

The 2010 South Africa World Cup thread

And man, it's great that pot is legal in Holland. They're gonna need it.
The WC ends with lots of stuff for FIFA to ponder.

One of the most important is (apart from the use of technology): they have to find a way to make a WC when the best players (Robben, Torres, Kaka, Rooney) don't come to play exhausted and injured.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
And man, it's great that pot is legal in Holland. They're gonna need it.

youre a dick. I feel bad for the players. they fought hard.
Still have no clue WHY, they took von Brockhorst out....he had been nails all game long.

Now I have some controversy here. The free kick right before the Iniesta goal....the Schneider free kick outside the penalty box, richeched off of Fabregas's back....instead of a corner kick, Spain was awarded the Goal kick....that led to the winning goal.

That is controversy there, that will not be talked about.
[ Edited by ninerlifer on Jul 11, 2010 at 2:15 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
ESPANIA!!! The best team won!
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Still have no clue WHY, they took von Brockhorst out....he had been nails all game long.

Now I have some controversy here. The free kick right before the Iniesta goal....the Schneider free kick outside the penalty box, richeched off of Fabregas's back....instead of a corner kick, Spain was awarded the Goal kick....that led to the winning goal.

Just got mentioned.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Umm...but that didn't lead to the winning goal. Dutch should have cleared the ball, but gave Fab a chance to pass to Iniesta. Dutch should have been awarded a corner, but not awarding it didn't lead to the goal.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Just got mentioned.

missed that...I didnt know if anyone caught that...
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
The WC ends with lots of stuff for FIFA to ponder.

One of the most important is (apart from the use of technology): they have to find a way to make a WC when the best players (Robben, Torres, Kaka, Rooney) don't come to play exhausted and injured.

Yeup...they have to make sure that there is enough time for players to recover from the league play.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Umm...but that didn't lead to the winning goal. Dutch should have cleared the ball, but gave Fab a chance to pass to Iniesta. Dutch should have been awarded a corner, but not awarding it didn't lead to the goal.

It was a free kick, set piece, that went off of Cesc's back. Goal kick ball goes down to the Dutch side....goal.

Spain!

It was a free kick, set piece, that went off of Cesc's back. Goal kick ball goes down to the Dutch side....goal.

Wasn't Eliah on the left wing and got doubled and lost the ball prior to the goal ? It may have been a foul on Elias, but i think the freekick was a little earlier.
SPAIN! Long, long game. But the better team won. Spain allowed no goals throughout the playoff.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jul 11, 2010 at 2:21 PM ]
Bah, only good thing is seeing Iker Casillas lift the trophy.
ESPANIA!!! The best team won!

Just to mention, it's ESPANA. With a wobbly thing over the n.
Share 49ersWebzone