LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

13 year old QB commits verbally to USC

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Lane Kiffin likes little boys.
I would def. not want to play for Lane Kiffin.
I find it disturbing that college coaches can scout, contact and sign anyone under the age of 16 for any college sport.

Let the kids grow on their own before we inflate their ego to such a level that they become either a pro player or a complete failure.
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Anyone have a 2019 mock draft up yet?

My unborn child is goin first in 2035

I've already pre-named the sperm I'm going to create that will soon grow into a top 2 NBA draft pick, in 2030.
Originally posted by Arminini:
I always wonder what this kid did from the age of 7, what i think is the first time a kid can throw a football, to 13 that makes him sooo much better than every other 13 year old.

Its even more apparently in soccer scouting where players get signed at 9 years old. It seems like any player that gets signed and trained in that atmosphere will end up being better than his peers.

Lionel Messi, Kun Aguero, Carlos Tevez...

Did he text him?
I would buy this if it were tennis or golf but football is a different animal. The physical changes his peers go through will have a big impact on how he handles the speed of the game let alone his own physicals walls he may reach.
That should be too young to recruit for college BTW. It should be illegal to even have contact with players that young. What is he not even in high school yet? And they are talking about where he is going to play college. It just seems wrong to me.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
That should be too young to recruit for college BTW. It should be illegal to even have contact with players that young. What is he not even in high school yet? And they are talking about where he is going to play college. It just seems wrong to me.

Am I the only one who feels it's just fine? I mean colleges try to get 13 year old geniuses to their schools but no one cares about that.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Am I the only one who feels it's just fine? I mean colleges try to get 13 year old geniuses to their schools but no one cares about that.

I haven't heard of colleges trying to get 13 year olds for academics. If so it must be rare. 16 and 17 year olds sure. They are close to that transition. But 13 is too young.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Joecool:

Nah I think its pretty cool recruiting from that age. I think it gives the kid or kids something to work for, knowing that they are on the radar that young.

And on a side note, his coach seems like a pretty damn good one. Most coaches here in Hawaii don't even teach young QB's how to take snaps from under center. Every coach here in Hawaii seems to be running the Run-N-Shoot or Spread, thanks to June Jones.
Let's hope he doesn't turn out like Todd Marinovich..........
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
if i were a 13 y/o girl, i'd be trying to get pregnant by him.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
I need to get my son hassan a quarterback coach. Right now I'm making a highlight video of my 4 year old playing t-ball, I plan on sending that to MLB scouts by the summer.

Don't tell em about the bathtub incident, it may cause his stock to slip (no pun intended)
Just had a thought...

What are the chances Lane Kiffin is still the coach by the time this kid arrives?
Share 49ersWebzone