LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 218 users in the forums

Paraguayan Soccer Player shot in head

Man! This is some stupid bull****

They attribute that Salvador Cabañas got shot over an argument over lack of goals.

Here's what the only witness to the event, the guy in charge of sanitation, overheard, I translated it for ya'll:

"¿Qué pasó Cabañas?", comenzó cuestionándole el agresar al jugador paraguayo cuando éste ingresó al baño.
What's going on Cabañas?
"¿Qué onda con los goles para que el América sea Campeón?", insistió.
"Where are the goals so America[his team] can be champion?"

"¿Y tú quién eres?", respondió el jugador.
"And who are you?", responded Cabañas.

"El hijo de la chingada que te va a partir tu madre", respondió el agresor.
"The son of a b***h that's gonna kick your ass", responded the agressor

El intercambio de palabras, detalla el rotativo, concluyó cuando el "JJ" sacó una pistola tipo escuadra y le apuntó a Salvador Cabañas.
The exchange of words concluded when "JJ" pulled out his gun and pointed it at Cabañas.

Fue entonces cuando Cabañas increpó al agresor diciendo "Tírale, tírale si tienes muchos huevos". El "JJ" jaló el gatillo y el jugador cayó al suelo.
That's when Cabañas chided at the agressor saying, "Shoot, shoot if you have the balls!" "JJ" pulled the trigger and Cabañas fell to the ground.

http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/mexico/noticias/2010/01/28/atribuyen-disparo-a-discusion-por-goles
[ Edited by silkyjohnson on Jan 28, 2010 at 7:21 PM ]
That sounds like major bulls**t.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 1251alex:
That sounds like major bulls**t.
He's making alot of progress and he still has chances to be able to play in the worldcup. he has woken up and has started eating.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
He's making alot of progress and he still has chances to be able to play in the worldcup. he has woken up and has started eating.

I just read that article too and I can't get my head around it. Dude had a bullet in his brain! How is he alive let alone playing in 4 months!!
is he died?
Originally posted by Brew:

I just read that article too and I can't get my head around it. Dude had a bullet in his brain! How is he alive let alone playing in 4 months!!

I have no clue man,he's still at risk though cause there is blood in his brain. he doesn't remember what happened that night which is too bad.but hey, he's alive.

I have no clue man,he's still at risk though cause there is blood in his brain. he doesn't remember what happened that night which is too bad.but hey, he's alive.
wtf?

Were they 9 milies' or something?
[ Edited by TonyStarks on Feb 6, 2010 at 4:52 PM ]

wtf ! that's amazing.

what? crazy! But awesome!

Originally posted by VDSF:
Damn, Saturday I saw my team beat his team in a very good game. Seems almost untrue. Good thing he didn't die, hopefully he'll be back in time for the world cup.

Read an article according to the doctors its ''unlikely'' he will be able to walk again

I heard on Spanish espn that he's started to recognize voices of the people he knows. As long as he lives.

Scary -I hope he gets better soon.
Fußball-Profi Cabañas steht auf
Caba_23756562.thumbnail

Mexiko-Stadt (dpa) - Der durch einen Kopfschuss schwer verletzte Fußball-Profi Salvador Cabañas ist nach Angaben seiner Ärzte erstmals aufgestanden.

Weiter

The report is that Cabañas who took a shot in the head, which normally results in death, was able to stand and was seated next to his hospital bed , as he spoke to family members and friends. No discussion of the brutal attack took place. No talk of him possibly being transferred to the States for treatment.

Un hombre muy duro
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Feb 8, 2010 at 3:57 PM ]
I heard it was a drug hit, on spanish radio they said he owed a drug cartel like over 200k in coke.
The thing went down like this:

Shooter: Wheres the money? holding gun to his head.
Cabanas: You won't shoot me here....

You know the rest...

Police named suspects and they are known drug guys.
Link
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
I heard it was a drug hit, on spanish radio they said he owed a drug cartel like over 200k in coke.

You know the rest...

Link

kinda hard to believe.

Originally posted by Hollywood49er:

You know the rest...

Link

kinda hard to believe.

Hard to believe is the story that he got shot for no reason or about not scoring goals in a public place.
Mexican drug cartels are notorious for killing people in public for money etc..
They killed an entire Marines family in plain view.
Share 49ersWebzone