LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

Lane Kiffin v Pete Carroll, who comes out on top?

Currently doing a piece on this for part of my article for this week....

Quote:
Let me start by saying the Rooney rule is now becoming a joke of a rule, I fully endorse why it was brought in, all those years ago, but it’s so out-dated these days, as is the way that it’s implemented, as are the coaches that get abused by it when they clearly aren’t going to get the job.
If the Seahawks want Pete Carroll, let them take him.
If Washington wants Mike Shanahan, let them take him, this rule of having to have guys interviewed just because they’re black is embarrassing. Is it actually really applicable anymore anyway?

As for who benefits the most, right now, it's Carroll;
Carroll. He leaves behind a school who;
-Have just lost 4 games in a season for the first time since 2001
-Are now in the PAC10, not the PAC1 as everybody else catches up
-Is shrouded in disarray with investigations with regard to the Joe McKnight and Reggie Bush cases.
-May now lose a host of recruits who, allegedly when have made calls into USC to find out what’s going on, have had no calls returned.

He didn’t actually have a bad record with the Patriots or Jets before USC, and “not doing a bad job” at Seattle, will let’s face it, undoubtedly turn them around to a certain extent, but it’ll be tough in a division with the 49ers and Cardinals pointing in the right direction.

He seems to be the right kind of Coach that will identify to the Seattle fans, so with him getting GM duties as well shows they’re in it for the long term with him, particularly for $35m.

Plus he’s already done it all at USC now, 7 PAC10 titles, 2 National Championships
If Carroll does fail at Seattle, then without doubt, he can come back into the college game and land a top job and be successful again, as long as he can recruit his 5Star Blue Chippers every season.

As for Kiffin, there is a whole world of “if’s” right now, but, bear with me;
If, he takes his old man with him as Defensive Coordinator,
If he takes Norm Chow with him as Offensive Coordinator
If there are no recruiting sanctions on USC and
If he can get this year’s recruits all signed up in the next couple of weeks, USC could actually get better, despite the slate of Juniors also all leaving
If, all of this segment happens, then we could actually see Kiffin coming out best out of this, but for now, I’m sticking with Carroll until further announcements are made.
No doubt he’ll come bowling in, shouting off, getting the PAC10’s back up within a matter of days because that’s the kind of classless punk that he is
Lane Kiffin is a slimeball and grade A douche bag. I can't believe USC hired him. He probably put Tenn under NCAA invistigation only after 1 year with his recruiting tactics. What does a man like that tell his new recruits?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Lane Kiffin is awesome. He will succeed at USC because his coaching style and personality is perfect for college football.

Carroll will be a massive failure in the NFL.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
Lane Kiffin is a slimeball and grade A douche bag. I can't believe USC hired him. He probably put Tenn under NCAA invistigation only after 1 year with his recruiting tactics. What does a man like that tell his new recruits?

That makes him the perfect fit don't you think in hollywood of all places?
Kiffin will be better off, because Pete Carroll has to face the Niners twice a year.
Share 49ersWebzone