Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Has Pacquio ever fought a black dude?

No racist

I think this is the first time he did...

I think he fought a scrub back in the day... like way way back in the day

I stand corrected...

One of Pacquiao's first big wins was against a guy named Ledwaba. In the fight below, Pacquiao was a late replacement for Ledwaba's challenger who backed out last minute. Pacquiao was the underdog coming in and shocked everyone by dethroning Ledwaba from the title he held. Ledwaba was hardly a scrub then. I believe this was one of the undercards to a DLH fight as well.

Ledwaba never fought anyone noteworthy before Pac. And after Pac, his career plummeted. Just sayin'...

As did the careers of DLH, Hatton, Diaz, maybe Cotto, Morales, Barrera. Just sayin'

LMAO!!! You're comparing the careers of DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Morales and Barrera to Ledbawa?!?!?

You're a Pac hater plain and simple. I wasn't comparing any of those boxer's careers. You don't want to give credit where credit is due. Aside from the laundry list of fighters who never rebounded after losing to Pac, tell me where I'm comparing them to Ledwaba? All I'm saying is Pac is ending careers.

All I said is that Ledwaba is a scrub, you went and ran with it after that.

I know what you're trying to say and there's no point going against what you have to say against Pac. Truth is you're a hardcore Floyd fan and anti-Pac. Just like Floyd there's no changing your thinking. All I'm doing is sticking up for my man by saying he has fought quality guys of African descent. You're saying every guy that he's fought was washed up or flawed. I'll give it to you that Floyd is one hell of a boxer. I'm not going to say he's a coward or anything like that, but why is there a concensus on who has a better resume.

I don't really care for your rebuttal because I already know it's gonna be a Pac < Floyd or Pac < vs anybody anyway.

Come on now. What exactly have I said that was wrong? All I said is that Ledwaba was a scrub. Which he is. Check his resume. The only noteworthy opposition is Pac. There are countless fighters with 30-1 and 30-3 records, that doesn't mean they're quality.

Then you said Pac's been ending careers of so and so... come on dude. I just gotta correct you on that s**t. I'm not taking credit away from Pac for beating any of those guys, I'm just being real. If Pac had fought any of those guys "who's careers he ended" when they were right at their peak of their career, whether they won or lost, those guys would still go and have illustrious careers after facing Pac.

I'm just correcting your ridiculous statement.

Whatever man. Ridiculous? It's factual, those guys never recovered. The only fighter I mentioned on a clear decline was DLH, and people said Pac was gonna get whupped. Again, there's changing your mind. You're gonna attack or discredit anything pro Pac.

You know everything I said is correct, just cuz I s**tted all over your baseless argument, you choose to walk away. No problem. Have a nice day.

i'm a huge Pacman fan, but I gotta agree with silky on this one (GASP!!!)

You are an overall hater on Pacman silky, but you're right that comparing Ledwaba to any of those other guys is clearly ridiculous. Also, Pacman didn't end anyone's careers, guys like DLH and Hatton were clearly on the way out.

In defense of HaiGuise, the win vs Ledwaba was one of the huge starting points for Pacman's career (winning a title). Sure, if pacquiao fought DLH in his prime, might've been a different outcome, but you have to give props that Manny has moved up 7 weight classes over his career and proven he can win in every class.

Did Floyd, DLH, Hatton, Morales, or Cotto even come close to that? Have to give him credit for that. In the Welterweight division, I don't mind giving credit to Mayweather and Mosely for now, but give it time and Pacman will dominate them both, like he's shown throughout his career....

GO PACMAN!!!!!!!

I know this discussion is getting too long and tedious to read, but for the record, I never made any comparison Ledwaba with the other legends. But if you want to jump on me for putting them in the same sentence, I'll take my beating like a man.

With regards to DLH and Hatton, I'll say that DLH really looked like a tired old man, whether that was a result of going down too far in weight, or just plain being old. But after Pac destroyed Cotto and Hatton, I had to wonder if DLH was thinking of getting back into the ring to fight these guys. Hatton gave Floyd a run for his money. Prior to that fight, Hatton dominated his weight class. I don't know if you could say that he was on the way out after that fight.

I stopped visiting the boxingscene forums because of discussions like these going back and forth with no end. Like this discussion, for me they don't end with any clear resolution and the result is a headache. We are all entitled to our opinions.

And silky, I don't know exactly what it is we're trying to prove. Maybe we differ in our definitions of what and ended career truly is, but I see where you're going, and I hope you see where I am at as well. Call me a Pac-hugger, but I'll give credit where credit is due. I'll be the first to admit that it gets annoying when I read a lot of the immature comments being said by bandwagon Pac fans, so I can see where it gets easy to root against him, especially if you're a fan of Floyd, a guy who held the top spot for the longest time. I just can't stand it when haters can't say that Pac is legit and try to bring up steroids among other things to discredit his hard work. I hope you understand why I'm being defensive.
I can't wait for this fight. The more I watch Clottey the more I am convinced that this will be fun to watch while it lasts. I hope that you guys can see both of these fighters for what they are, two highly trained, highly skilled athletes.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

I know this discussion is getting too long and tedious to read, but for the record, I never made any comparison Ledwaba with the other legends. But if you want to jump on me for putting them in the same sentence, I'll take my beating like a man.

With regards to DLH and Hatton, I'll say that DLH really looked like a tired old man, whether that was a result of going down too far in weight, or just plain being old. But after Pac destroyed Cotto and Hatton, I had to wonder if DLH was thinking of getting back into the ring to fight these guys. Hatton gave Floyd a run for his money. Prior to that fight, Hatton dominated his weight class. I don't know if you could say that he was on the way out after that fight.

I stopped visiting the boxingscene forums because of discussions like these going back and forth with no end. Like this discussion, for me they don't end with any clear resolution and the result is a headache. We are all entitled to our opinions.

And silky, I don't know exactly what it is we're trying to prove. Maybe we differ in our definitions of what and ended career truly is, but I see where you're going, and I hope you see where I am at as well. Call me a Pac-hugger, but I'll give credit where credit is due. I'll be the first to admit that it gets annoying when I read a lot of the immature comments being said by bandwagon Pac fans, so I can see where it gets easy to root against him, especially if you're a fan of Floyd, a guy who held the top spot for the longest time. I just can't stand it when haters can't say that Pac is legit and try to bring up steroids among other things to discredit his hard work. I hope you understand why I'm being defensive.

It's cool brah. I just love the sport too much to let a couple of statements slide, specially when they demean some of the other ATG's careers.

I'm not just a fan of Mayweather, I'm a fan of a lot of boxers. Mayweather and Pac are the cream of the crop, that's why they get discussed to no length.

Mayweather, JMM, JML and now Gamboa are my favorite active boxers, but that don't mean I ain't got love for Pac. I'm a fan of anyone that can entertain me in the ring.

I guess the reason it seems like I hate Pac, it's that Mayweather's name always seems to end up getting thrown in the same conversation. It always seems to turn into a Mayweather vs Pac thing. And the s**t Pactards say, well, I just can't let it slide.

This being a bay area board, I might get flack for, but I "hate" Pac for the same reason I hate the Warriors... their fans. There are always exceptions of course, but god they were the most annoying during their two year playoff run. Acting like they had a freakin dynasty... anyway. Back on topic, I agree, they ruined boxing forums for me too. I just wanna gather em all and beat em with a baseball bat.

So really, it's not really the team or the athlete that I hate, it's the fans.

How gay would it be if some of the crowd started heckling,'' Sterrrr oidds...Steerrrr oidds?''
How gay would it be if some of the crowd started heckling,'' Sterrrr oidds...Steerrrr oidds?''

Don't think there'll be many of those in the crowd.

"A-side meth! A-side meth! A-side meth" would be cooler
I'll be sitting ringside on Saturday, seriously....11 rows behind Pacquiao's corner
Originally posted by DesiDez:
I'll be sitting ringside on Saturday, seriously....11 rows behind Pacquiao's corner

Nice. D'you get hooked up? How much d'you buy them for?
Eww.

You're gonna have Cowboy on you.

Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:

$450 from someone on Craigslist. I try to go to 3 matches a year (probably Mayweather-Mosley next). Plus, I actually want to see what the fuss is all about with the new Cowboys stadium. It should be fun.

$450 from someone on Craigslist. I try to go to 3 matches a year (probably Mayweather-Mosley next). Plus, I actually want to see what the fuss is all about with the new Cowboys stadium. It should be fun.

That's dope!

That's dope!

Pics of the HD screen ''building.''
I'm row 2 from the floor...trying to dump mine and pick up some on the floor as well. Tickets are hard to dump though.
For some reason I think the Cowboys might gain some Filipino fans after this.
Share 49ersWebzone