Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Has Pacquio ever fought a black dude?

No racist

I think this is the first time he did...

I think he fought a scrub back in the day... like way way back in the day

I stand corrected...

One of Pacquiao's first big wins was against a guy named Ledwaba. In the fight below, Pacquiao was a late replacement for Ledwaba's challenger who backed out last minute. Pacquiao was the underdog coming in and shocked everyone by dethroning Ledwaba from the title he held. Ledwaba was hardly a scrub then. I believe this was one of the undercards to a DLH fight as well.

Ledwaba never fought anyone noteworthy before Pac. And after Pac, his career plummeted. Just sayin'...

As did the careers of DLH, Hatton, Diaz, maybe Cotto, Morales, Barrera. Just sayin'

LMAO!!! You're comparing the careers of DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Morales and Barrera to Ledbawa?!?!?

You're a Pac hater plain and simple. I wasn't comparing any of those boxer's careers. You don't want to give credit where credit is due. Aside from the laundry list of fighters who never rebounded after losing to Pac, tell me where I'm comparing them to Ledwaba? All I'm saying is Pac is ending careers.
[ Edited by HaiGuise on Mar 9, 2010 at 3:33 PM ]
By the way most of those guys were already on their way out, Barrera and Morales were in countless wars with each other and Pac. They weren't gonna get any better.

Cotto got plastered by Margarito.

Hatton lost his chin somewhere and has been a C-Class punching bag since. Case in point even the great Juan Lazcano (who he fought after Mayweather and before Pac) had him wobbling and holding on for dear life.

DLH? Not only was he fighting at a weight he hadn't had to make since 2000, dude was 35.

No racist

I stand corrected...

One of Pacquiao's first big wins was against a guy named Ledwaba. In the fight below, Pacquiao was a late replacement for Ledwaba's challenger who backed out last minute. Pacquiao was the underdog coming in and shocked everyone by dethroning Ledwaba from the title he held. Ledwaba was hardly a scrub then. I believe this was one of the undercards to a DLH fight as well.

Ledwaba never fought anyone noteworthy before Pac. And after Pac, his career plummeted. Just sayin'...

As did the careers of DLH, Hatton, Diaz, maybe Cotto, Morales, Barrera. Just sayin'

LMAO!!! You're comparing the careers of DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Morales and Barrera to Ledbawa?!?!?

You're a Pac hater plain and simple. I wasn't comparing any of those boxer's careers. You don't want to give credit where credit is due. Aside from the laundry list of fighters who never rebounded after losing to Pac, tell me where I'm comparing them to Ledwaba? All I'm saying is Pac is ending careers.

All I said is that Ledwaba is a scrub, you went and ran with it after that.

No racist

I stand corrected...

I know what you're trying to say and there's no point going against what you have to say against Pac. Truth is you're a hardcore Floyd fan and anti-Pac. Just like Floyd there's no changing your thinking. All I'm doing is sticking up for my man by saying he has fought quality guys of African descent. You're saying every guy that he's fought was washed up or flawed. I'll give it to you that Floyd is one hell of a boxer. I'm not going to say he's a coward or anything like that, but why is there a concensus on who has a better resume.

I don't really care for your rebuttal because I already know it's gonna be a Pac < Floyd or Pac < vs anybody anyway.
So Silk. Is Clottey a scrub too? What about Mosely?

No racist

I stand corrected...

I know what you're trying to say and there's no point going against what you have to say against Pac. Truth is you're a hardcore Floyd fan and anti-Pac. Just like Floyd there's no changing your thinking. All I'm doing is sticking up for my man by saying he has fought quality guys of African descent. You're saying every guy that he's fought was washed up or flawed. I'll give it to you that Floyd is one hell of a boxer. I'm not going to say he's a coward or anything like that, but why is there a concensus on who has a better resume.

I don't really care for your rebuttal because I already know it's gonna be a Pac < Floyd or Pac < vs anybody anyway.

Come on now. What exactly have I said that was wrong? All I said is that Ledwaba was a scrub. Which he is. Check his resume. The only noteworthy opposition is Pac. There are countless fighters with 30-1 and 30-3 records, that doesn't mean they're quality.

Then you said Pac's been ending careers of so and so... come on dude. I just gotta correct you on that s**t. I'm not taking credit away from Pac for beating any of those guys, I'm just being real. If Pac had fought any of those guys "who's careers he ended" when they were right at their peak of their career, whether they won or lost, those guys would still go and have illustrious careers after facing Pac.

I'm just correcting your ridiculous statement.
Originally posted by danimal:

Nah, those dudes are good fighters. Mosley more so than Clottey, but those guys are quality.

Nah, those dudes are good fighters. Mosley more so than Clottey, but those guys are quality.

So will you give Manny some credit if he beats Clottey, or will you be pulling out the handy juice card?

So will you give Manny some credit if he beats Clottey, or will you be pulling out the handy juice card?

WTF are you talking about? When did I take credit away from Pac?

No racist

I stand corrected...

Come on now. What exactly have I said that was wrong? All I said is that Ledwaba was a scrub. Which he is. Check his resume. The only noteworthy opposition is Pac. There are countless fighters with 30-1 and 30-3 records, that doesn't mean they're quality.

Then you said Pac's been ending careers of so and so... come on dude. I just gotta correct you on that s**t. I'm not taking credit away from Pac for beating any of those guys, I'm just being real. If Pac had fought any of those guys "who's careers he ended" when they were right at their peak of their career, whether they won or lost, those guys would still go and have illustrious careers after facing Pac.

Whatever man. Ridiculous? It's factual, those guys never recovered. The only fighter I mentioned on a clear decline was DLH, and people said Pac was gonna get whupped. Again, there's no changing your mind. You're gonna attack or discredit anything pro Pac.
[ Edited by HaiGuise on Mar 9, 2010 at 4:01 PM ]

WTF are you talking about? When did I take credit away from Pac?

I will take that as a "Yes, I will give him credit".

Cool. Its all settled then.

No racist

I stand corrected...

Whatever man. Ridiculous? It's factual, those guys never recovered. The only fighter I mentioned on a clear decline was DLH, and people said Pac was gonna get whupped. Again, there's changing your mind. You're gonna attack or discredit anything pro Pac.

You know everything I said is correct, just cuz I s**tted all over your baseless argument, you choose to walk away. No problem. Have a nice day.

No racist

I stand corrected...

Whatever man. Ridiculous? It's factual, those guys never recovered. The only fighter I mentioned on a clear decline was DLH, and people said Pac was gonna get whupped. Again, there's changing your mind. You're gonna attack or discredit anything pro Pac.

You know everything I said is correct, just cuz I s**tted all over your baseless argument, you choose to walk away. No problem. Have a nice day.

Whatever man. Your bias is so obvious I hate to waste my time with you. Were Morales and Barrera not in their prime when they fought Pac multiple times? Cotto, Hatton, and DLH were supposed to be the bigger and stronger men, but were dominated by the supposed little guy. All I'm saying is you give no credit where credit is due. We can go on and on about Cotto, Hatton, or whoever else lost before and were no longer the same fighters. Pac has more losses than both those guys yet he was still able to overcome. Damn.. I feel like I'm talking football with a Raider fan.

No racist

I stand corrected...

i'm a huge Pacman fan, but I gotta agree with silky on this one (GASP!!!)

You are an overall hater on Pacman silky, but you're right that comparing Ledwaba to any of those other guys is clearly ridiculous. Also, Pacman didn't end anyone's careers, guys like DLH and Hatton were clearly on the way out.

In defense of HaiGuise, the win vs Ledwaba was one of the huge starting points for Pacman's career (winning a title). Sure, if pacquiao fought DLH in his prime, might've been a different outcome, but you have to give props that Manny has moved up 7 weight classes over his career and proven he can win in every class.

Did Floyd, DLH, Hatton, Morales, or Cotto even come close to that? Have to give him credit for that. In the Welterweight division, I don't mind giving credit to Mayweather and Mosely for now, but give it time and Pacman will dominate them both, like he's shown throughout his career....

GO PACMAN!!!!!!!

No racist

I stand corrected...

Whatever man. Your bias is so obvious I hate to waste my time with you. Were Morales and Barrera not in their prime when they fought Pac multiple times? Cotto, Hatton, and DLH were supposed to be the bigger and stronger men, but were dominated by the supposed little guy. All I'm saying is you give no credit where credit is due. We can go on and on about Cotto, Hatton, or whoever else lost before and were no longer the same fighters. Pac has more losses than both those guys yet he was still able to overcome. Damn.. I feel like I'm talking football with a Raider fan.

Feeling is mutual except I know I'm right. You're just looking thru rose-colored glasses.

Morales and Barrera were great wins. BUT HE DID NOT END THEIR CAREERS!!!! Those guys were on the decline already.

Barrera was 29 when he first fought Pac and lost by KO. His second fight, he was 33. He lost by UD... not exactly career ending. Anyway, he lost to JMM right before that.

Morales beat Pac when he was he was 28. In his peak. He lost his next two to Pac when he was 30 and 31.

Again, those guys were in countless wars. Their career wasn't gonna go on much longer. Guys with those type of styles just don't last that long. Pacquiao didn't singlehandedly end their career, father time and every beating they took from all their opponents ended their career.

Then DLH, Cotto, Hatton... I'll let FREDDIE ROACH do the talking for me.

Share 49ersWebzone