LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Arenas Suspended Indefinitely

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
The Plaxico sentence was an outrage. If Gilbert get more than 6 months, then that's just wrong.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Knowledge:
his ass should get two year just like plax

For an unloading f**king gun??? Are you kidding me? Plax got screwed already, but atleast his gun was loaded and went off in his leg. GA brought UNLOADED GUNS, which were not HARMFUL TO ANYBODY BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY f**kING BULLETS IN THEM, AND HE DID NOT FIRE OR ACT LIKE HE WAS GOING TO FIRE THEM. Plax got screwed but this isn't even close. That unloaded gun was about as harmful as any other hard steel object in an arena, of which there are plenty. If anybody should get screwed over this it's Crittenton, who pulled a loaded gun on his own teammate.

I believe in the saying no harm no foul. Nobody got hurt, it's no big deal. Politicians in that same f**king city do way worse things and nobody says send them to jail for years. If he gets a few months, okay whatever. And that's what it looks like. But to just say you think the guy should go to prison for TWO YEARS when nobody got hurt is ignorant and stupid. How the hell are you going to take away someone's freedom for 2 years for this, not even the prosecutors are going to do that. It'd be bulls**t all the way. But hey, I guess these days if someone that's not in a position of power breaks a law and nobody gets hurt, they should go to prison for multiple years and sit next to the guys who are rapists and murderers, but if someone with power does it then it's okay they're not going anywhere because we can't do anything about them anyway

I believe he broke the law. There are consequences for breaking the law. He deserves any sentence the judge lays on him for the simple fact GA is a dumbass with a prior history of breaking the law.

I already said whatever the judge gives him the judge gives him and accept it. What I responded to was when dude said HE SHOULD GO TO JAIL FOR 2 YEARS LIKE PLAXICO. When it is not even the same f**king crime really. Plax's gun fired, and COULD'VE hurt someone, so even though I thought he got a long ass time for his crime, you can say well atleast he could've hurt someone. Gil's were UNLOADED and DID NOT FIRE, therefor it is not really the same crime, and he shouldn't get nearly the amount of time, and he probably won't since he was willing to make a plea deal. Saying to lock his ass up for 2 years is dumb, and I stand by that. "knowledge" the poster is not the judge, therefor he has no business saying he should be punished like Plax was just because of a dislike of Gil or thinking he's a thug or some other bulls**t. So you can't say he deserves any sentence "the judge" lays on him in relation to what knowledge said, because knowledge is not the judge and has no expertise in law enforcement as far as I know, and has not even reviewed the case personally. So what he said is ridiculous, not that GIl's getting any time is ridiculous if he does, but what THE POSTER SAID is ridiculous.

[ Edited by WillistheWall on Jan 15, 2010 at 18:43:06 ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

For an unloading f**king gun??? Are you kidding me? Plax got screwed already, but atleast his gun was loaded and went off in his leg. GA brought UNLOADED GUNS, which were not HARMFUL TO ANYBODY BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY f**kING BULLETS IN THEM, AND HE DID NOT FIRE OR ACT LIKE HE WAS GOING TO FIRE THEM. Plax got screwed but this isn't even close. That unloaded gun was about as harmful as any other hard steel object in an arena, of which there are plenty. If anybody should get screwed over this it's Crittenton, who pulled a loaded gun on his own teammate.

I believe in the saying no harm no foul. Nobody got hurt, it's no big deal. Politicians in that same f**king city do way worse things and nobody says send them to jail for years. If he gets a few months, okay whatever. And that's what it looks like. But to just say you think the guy should go to prison for TWO YEARS when nobody got hurt is ignorant and stupid. How the hell are you going to take away someone's freedom for 2 years for this, not even the prosecutors are going to do that. It'd be bulls**t all the way. But hey, I guess these days if someone that's not in a position of power breaks a law and nobody gets hurt, they should go to prison for multiple years and sit next to the guys who are rapists and murderers, but if someone with power does it then it's okay they're not going anywhere because we can't do anything about them anyway

So there shouldn't be any such thing as attempted murder? No harm, no foul right. Should I not be given a ticket for drink driving if on the way home, I don't injure anybody? Your logic doesn't work.

The fact is, Arenas broke the law, and he should be given a punishment within the means. That's all.

-9fA

First, how is what he did similar to attempted murder? He didn't plot to kill anybody, he didn't have the guns loaded therefor they weren't a threat, and they weren't fired and that wasn't even possible because they were unloaded! A DUI you CAN kill someone. Attempted murder there was AN ATTEMPT which IMO is the same as harm, because it can f**k up the person's mind or make them scared for life. There was no intent to harm anybody, there was no possibility Gil would harm anybody. So it's not the same as Plaxico's crime which is what the guy said.

Second, I ALREADY SAID that he should get what he made the plea deal for. That's why he made the deal and the prosecutor or whatever wouldn't have made the deal if they didn't think that was atleast fair. Therefor, I have no problem with him getting a "punishment within the means". That's NOT what I responded to. I responded to a guy saying he should get 2 years just because! Stop puting words in my mouth people, I'm attacking the other guy's statement not that Gil should get a punishment. But for the punishment to be worse than what Gil agreed to, and the prosecutor/etc. see fit, would be ridiculous, and that is what knowledge suggested.
We should have an all sports convict draft.

DIBS ON OJ!!!!

I believe he broke the law. There are consequences for breaking the law. He deserves any sentence the judge lays on him for the simple fact GA is a dumbass with a prior history of breaking the law.

I already said whatever the judge gives him the judge gives him and accept it. What I responded to was when dude said HE SHOULD GO TO JAIL FOR 2 YEARS LIKE PLAXICO. When it is not even the same f**king crime really. Plax's gun fired, and COULD'VE hurt someone, so even though I thought he got a long ass time for his crime, you can say well atleast he could've hurt someone. Gil's were UNLOADED and DID NOT FIRE, therefor it is not really the same crime, and he shouldn't get nearly the amount of time, and he probably won't since he was willing to make a plea deal. Saying to lock his ass up for 2 years is dumb, and I stand by that. "knowledge" the poster is not the judge, therefor he has no business saying he should be punished like Plax was just because of a dislike of Gil or thinking he's a thug or some other bulls**t. So you can't say he deserves any sentence "the judge" lays on him in relation to what knowledge said, because knowledge is not the judge and has no expertise in law enforcement as far as I know, and has not even reviewed the case personally. So what he said is ridiculous, not that GIl's getting any time is ridiculous if he does, but what THE POSTER SAID is ridiculous.

Are you mad?

Are you mad?

Not really it just seems like in threads like this a person needs to post things in caps to make sure people get what you're technically saying, and not what they percieve you to be saying. Do you understand my argument?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Are you mad?

Not really it just seems like in threads like this a person needs to post things in caps to make sure people get what you're technically saying, and not what they percieve you to be saying. Do you understand my argument?

I feel what your saying.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
In my opinion, what Gilbert did shouldn't be considered a crime, since there was no malicious or immoral intent behind it.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

So there shouldn't be any such thing as attempted murder? No harm, no foul right. Should I not be given a ticket for drink driving if on the way home, I don't injure anybody? Your logic doesn't work.

The fact is, Arenas broke the law, and he should be given a punishment within the means. That's all.

-9fA

First, how is what he did similar to attempted murder? He didn't plot to kill anybody, he didn't have the guns loaded therefor they weren't a threat, and they weren't fired and that wasn't even possible because they were unloaded! A DUI you CAN kill someone. Attempted murder there was AN ATTEMPT which IMO is the same as harm, because it can f**k up the person's mind or make them scared for life. There was no intent to harm anybody, there was no possibility Gil would harm anybody. So it's not the same as Plaxico's crime which is what the guy said.

Second, I ALREADY SAID that he should get what he made the plea deal for. That's why he made the deal and the prosecutor or whatever wouldn't have made the deal if they didn't think that was atleast fair. Therefor, I have no problem with him getting a "punishment within the means". That's NOT what I responded to. I responded to a guy saying he should get 2 years just because! Stop puting words in my mouth people, I'm attacking the other guy's statement not that Gil should get a punishment. But for the punishment to be worse than what Gil agreed to, and the prosecutor/etc. see fit, would be ridiculous, and that is what knowledge suggested.

You're all over the place.

My first paragraph was in response to your first sentence, "I believe in the saying no harm no foul." I think you should reread what I posted. My first paragraph was concerning the bolded. I guess I could have made that more clear.

And I agree with you that you can't use Plaxico's case as a basis for determining the sentencing for this crime. There are completely different circumstances surrounding each case.

-9fA
Originally posted by crzy:
The Plaxico sentence was an outrage. If Gilbert get more than 6 months, then that's just wrong.

The guidelines say he should get 6-12 months. The fact that there is so much press on this story the judge will have to stay with in the guidelines.

my first photoshop creation

i'm extremely confused as to why crittenton is not suspended or being charged with anything?
Originally posted by crzy:

Are you mad?

I feel what your saying.

Finally someone lol.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
i'm extremely confused as to why crittenton is not suspended or being charged with anything?

bc the only fish that get caught are the ones that open their mouths
Charles Barkeley and Kenny Smith talk Gilbert Arenas
Share 49ersWebzone