Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
if mccoy wasn't a p***y this would of been a different game

Come on, man, the guy can't feel his arm. Every time they showed him, his arm was dangling there. He was even high fiving with his left. Colt is no p***y.

Anyway, we were doomed as soon as Colt went out, but the defense played a hell of a second half, and Shipley really stepped it up in the second half, too. Props to Bama, but if Colt doesn't get hurt, it's a different game.

Saban has no class.

I'm out.

what do you mean he has no class?

lol, this shouldnt even be a question, Saban is a major douche

Yeah that was a big POS move to pile up pointas when you already have the game in hand. f**k Nick Saban

What the hell are you guys talking about? Saban has no class and was running up the score?

He ran it damn near every play the second half, it's not his fault Gilbert kept throwing picks.

47 seconds left, and he's trying to score.

Ah, didn't see that, I turned it off with about a 1:30 left in the game.

What happened?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by TX9R:
What a rip off. This was like watching an old Tyson fight where it's over before you're pizza is even ready. All that build up and the game is over 2 minutes in. Texas had no chance without their best player. The fact they even kept it close leaves no doubt they would have dominated with Colt in the game. No doubt.

No doubt? I was rooting for Texas to win because I cant stand Saben but I just dont see how you can make that statement. Bama played a very conservative game and sat on the lead. It certainly would have been a different type of game but I dont think you can say without bias that Texas wins without a doubt.

Texas D was dominating the passing game and bottling up the run early, they were flying all over the field. We were driving the field when Colt went down. That took the air out of the entire team and the play calling became so predictable Bama really didn't have to work at all facing a true freshman who has pretty much never played. Had Colt at least lasted a quarer we would have built a double digit lead and forced Bama to pass, which they clearly could not do. Even with all that, UT still had a chance to win. Bama is the luckiest team I have ever seen. The one positive is that maybe Mack Brown will realize VY is gone and stop putting our QB in these positions with this ridiculous spread offense that gets guys hurt.
oh and Texas WRs suck balls they Dropped alot of passes it was pathetic
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
if mccoy wasn't a p***y this would of been a different game

Come on, man, the guy can't feel his arm. Every time they showed him, his arm was dangling there. He was even high fiving with his left. Colt is no p***y.

Anyway, we were doomed as soon as Colt went out, but the defense played a hell of a second half, and Shipley really stepped it up in the second half, too. Props to Bama, but if Colt doesn't get hurt, it's a different game.

Saban has no class.

I'm out.

what do you mean he has no class?

lol, this shouldnt even be a question, Saban is a major douche

Yeah that was a big POS move to pile up pointas when you already have the game in hand. f**k Nick Saban

What the hell are you guys talking about? Saban has no class and was running up the score?

He ran it damn near every play the second half, it's not his fault Gilbert kept throwing picks.

47 seconds left, and he's trying to score.

Ah, didn't see that, I turned it off with about a 1:30 left in the game.

What happened?

Bama had the ball near their goal line with less than a minute. Instead of kneeling it and ending the game, Saban goes for the score.
Originally posted by valrod33:

So very much this.

Shovel pass, right off the RBs hands, pick 6.

Gilbert throws a long bomb down the sideline, right off the WRs hands in the endzone. Next play, pick.

That's 14 points in Texas' favor right there. I felt bad for Gilbert.

So very much this.

Gilbert throws a long bomb down the sideline, right off the WRs hands in the endzone. Next play, pick.

Yeah i think it was M Williams that dropped the endzone one, i saw him drop 3 passes and Shipley dropped like 2 or 3, the WRs screwed Gilbert last night

So very much this.

They did the same thing against Nebraska and Oklahoma. Nothing makes me angrier than a receiver dropping touchdowns. So frustrating.
Boise State should get a share of the National Championship.

If only there was some way for these two teams to play each other...
I feel bad for McCoy too; he should've been in the National Championship last year, and when he gets in this year, he gets hurt in the 1st quarter.

Oh well, can't make excuses, 'Bama was the better team and they're the champs now.
Which quarterbacks will Alabama make cry next year?

When they had the ball with a minute left, wasn't Texas calling timeouts? I don't remember
I got the feeling that Boise St or even TCU would have matched up very well against Alabama. And before anyone doubts that they could win, just look at last year when Utah embarrassed Alabama. Utah is a Mountain West team as is TCU.

I still rank Alabama #1 but I think a game with Boise St would be a good game. Better than the game against Texas by far. Boise St just seems to be lights out in these big games, especially when everyone wants to over look them.
What a rip off. This was like watching an old Tyson fight where it's over before you're pizza is even ready. All that build up and the game is over 2 minutes in. Texas had no chance without their best player. The fact they even kept it close leaves no doubt they would have dominated with Colt in the game. No doubt.

No doubt? I was rooting for Texas to win because I cant stand Saben but I just dont see how you can make that statement. Bama played a very conservative game and sat on the lead. It certainly would have been a different type of game but I dont think you can say without bias that Texas wins without a doubt.

Texas D was dominating the passing game and bottling up the run early, they were flying all over the field. We were driving the field when Colt went down. That took the air out of the entire team and the play calling became so predictable Bama really didn't have to work at all facing a true freshman who has pretty much never played. Had Colt at least lasted a quarer we would have built a double digit lead and forced Bama to pass, which they clearly could not do. Even with all that, UT still had a chance to win. Bama is the luckiest team I have ever seen. The one positive is that maybe Mack Brown will realize VY is gone and stop putting our QB in these positions with this ridiculous spread offense that gets guys hurt.

You can't predict the outcome of the game based only the first few minutes. Momentum shifts constantly in football games. From what I recall Colt was sacked like 3 times, Bama didn't even start to run Ingram until after Colt was out, and Saban gave UT a gift with that boneheaded 4th and long fake punt call.
Originally posted by Juradon:
I got the feeling that Boise St or even TCU would have matched up very well against Alabama. And before anyone doubts that they could win, just look at last year when Utah embarrassed Alabama. Utah is a Mountain West team as is TCU.

I still rank Alabama #1 but I think a game with Boise St would be a good game. Better than the game against Texas by far. Boise St just seems to be lights out in these big games, especially when everyone wants to over look them.

Kellen Moore vs. the Bama pass rush would have been a delight to watch.

I can't believe Gilbert didn't see Anders all by himself on the left pre-snap. Jason Campbell did the same thing in a Redskin's game a few weeks back. I'm no quarterback, but how can you not be aware of a lone defender waiting near the LOS with no one covering him, and on top of that ignore that side by turning your back to it post snap?
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

You can't predict the outcome of the game based only the first few minutes. Momentum shifts constantly in football games. From what I recall Colt was sacked like 3 times, Bama didn't even start to run Ingram until after Colt was out, and Saban gave UT a gift with that boneheaded 4th and long fake punt call.

True, but also when teams jump out quick and early you generally have the makings of a blowout, snowball effect. COlt going out clearly relaxed Bama and caused Texas to panic and abandon their gameplan. It was obvious Bama's plan was like against FLA where they were going to pass early to set up the run, Texas destroyed that. Once Colt went out and we went in to Jimmy Raye mode, there was no need for Bama to do anything other than play field position. They won and congrats to them, but all things considered I beleive it would not have been close had Colt played the whole game.
Share 49ersWebzone