LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

WZ Showdown!!! Lakers @ Kings

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
with that said. Why was Sergio on Kobe anyways?

It was really Kenny but he left on the cutter which is even worse. That said, Kobe's heel was on the f**kin line. Whatever.

And it gets better!
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
wow... WTF Udoka. Nice push by Kobe.. oh well. Didn't expect that to be called anyways. Great shot nonetheless.

There was no push. They made incidental contact, and Rodriguez acted like he got shot out of a cannon. God awful defense. That sort of contact happens on every play in every game.

Kings collars get tight in crunch time, Kobe burns their asses, and Kings fans complain about the refs.

Welcome to the new decade. It's just like the last one.

Well that's a foul. Wouldn't expect it to be called then though, Kenny should have stayed with Kobe, oh well on that part.

Still not over the ridiculous tripping call on JT when Shannon Brown ran into the lane completely out of control with no place to go and tripped over his own feet.
[ Edited by 9erReign on Jan 1, 2010 at 10:35 PM ]
wow... WTF Udoka. Nice push by Kobe.. oh well. Didn't expect that to be called anyways. Great shot nonetheless.

There was no push. They made incidental contact, and Rodriguez acted like he got shot out of a cannon. God awful defense. That sort of contact happens on every play in every game.

Kings collars get tight in crunch time, Kobe burns their asses, and Kings fans complain about the refs.

Welcome to the new decade. It's just like the last one.

Refs keep bailing out the Lakers. Yup, same ole story.
Pete, I wouldn't expect you to agree with the calls that are being pointed out. I'm sure if you pointed out Kings fouls, I wouldn't have seen them. But you gotta understand...this stuff always happens vs. LA. Whether it's a Lakers thing, or a Kings are young so they have to earn respect thing, it happens. 24 fouls to 15, two starters foul out. Kobe did not foul Sergio, that is true. JT did not foul Shannon Brown either. Some people are overboard with the ref blaming, no doubt, but it happens.

And I'm not even saying they cost us the game. It's just something you have to overcome.

We blew it ourselves. Same story, different day. This wasn't about being young. Terrible execution again. Gave the game away. Westphal has some odd love affair with Sergio Rodriguez. The dude is borderline useless. If he's on the ball, he dribbles around like a chicken with his head cut off. He's not safe with his passes. He's not a knock down shooter. He misses lay ups. And he's not a particularly good defender. Off the ball, he's even less effective. The last play vs. Kobe. What are you doing? You can't fall off him like that. You have to bust your ass to get back in his face. Not that that makes him miss, but it's at least a little tougher.

Udoka can't make free throws. Westphal calls a timeout right before Hawes is found wide open. JT missed two free throws. Failed to grab two key defensive rebounds that led to baskets.

You can't do those things and beat the Lakers.

I'm very encouraged overall with the team (once I blow off some steam). But it's tiresome to go through the same thing over and over.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Pete, I wouldn't expect you to agree with the calls that are being pointed out. I'm sure if you pointed out Kings fouls, I wouldn't have seen them. But you gotta understand...this stuff always happens vs. LA. Whether it's a Lakers thing, or a Kings are young so they have to earn respect thing, it happens. 24 fouls to 15, two starters foul out. Kobe did not foul Sergio, that is true. JT did not foul Shannon Brown either. Some people are overboard with the ref blaming, no doubt, but it happens.

And I'm not even saying they cost us the game. It's just something you have to overcome.

We blew it ourselves. Same story, different day. This wasn't about being young. Terrible execution again. Gave the game away. Westphal has some odd love affair with Sergio Rodriguez. The dude is borderline useless. If he's on the ball, he dribbles around like a chicken with his head cut off. He's not safe with his passes. He's not a knock down shooter. He misses lay ups. And he's not a particularly good defender. Off the ball, he's even less effective. The last play vs. Kobe. What are you doing? You can't fall off him like that. You have to bust your ass to get back in his face. Not that that makes him miss, but it's at least a little tougher.

Udoka can't make free throws. Westphal calls a timeout right before Hawes is found wide open. JT missed two free throws. Failed to grab two key defensive rebounds that led to baskets.

I'm very encouraged overall with the team (once I blow off some steam). But it's tiresome to go through the same thing over and over.

There's going to be a foul discrepancy in the Laker's pretty much every time these two teams meet up, especially with Evans out. Who exactly is going to be making drives to the basket that result in foul calls? Your center that camps out 20+ plus from the hoop? Your PF that shoots his baseline 16 footers? Udrih?

I agree with you that the Shannon Brown/JT foul was a bad call. It's also one that they're going to call every time. When players get their feet tangled, the offensive player's going to get the call. It happened earlier in the game when Brown got called for a foul on Casspi with 2 seconds left on the shot clock.

There was also an egregious travel on Rodriguez or Udrih that wasn't called about a minute before the Brown/JT play that led directly to a Hawes 3. How Kobe wasn't called for a foul for leaping over Rodriguez and going upside down by the King's bench is beyond me too. It's the nature of the sport. I'm sorry...complaining about the refs gets under my skin like nothing else in basketball.

It more so boils down to missing 2 free throws with 4 seconds left and then not telling your guys to switch on every screen, leaving Rodriguez "guarding" Kobe in the first place.
Congrats Kings fans!

I agree with you that the Shannon Brown/JT foul was a bad call. It's also one that they're going to call every time. When players get their feet tangled, the offensive player's going to get the call. It happened earlier in the game when Brown got called for a foul on Casspi with 2 seconds left on the shot clock.

You mean the "non-shooting" foul? What else was Casspi gonna do with 2 seconds on the shot clock?

I'm not big on complaining about the refs either...just something that you have to play through. But you gotta understand...it's not like every loss Kings fans are up in arms. Like I said, whatever the reason, it seems to happen.

The Lakers do plenty of moaning and groaning themselves. Not like we're alone...

Anyway, I agreed with you. We didn't close it out ourselves. Nobody to blame but ourselves. It's all moot if guys would just execute.
Scott...I promise you...I am ALL OVER the retarded monkey Laker fans that complain about the refs. I'm much more, ummm, colorful with my language with them. You're definitely not alone.

To me it's a byproduct of the "everybody gets a trophy" mentality that so much of society has. Few people know how to lose. It HAS to be someone/something else.
Well I definitely respect you for acknowledging that. I know you're not the typical Laker fan.

It's nice to be at a competitive level again after last season. These matchups will really be fun when we start winning some of them
Plain and simple.... Kings shot themselves in the foot tonight. Plain and simple... Kobe is as clutch a player as I've ever seen play the game.

I hate playing the refs card as well as good teams should find a way to win regardless of bad calls. Me calling a "push off" from Kobe was more of a heat of the moment type of thing.

Another fun game against the Lakers though.... man it's so nice to say that again.

Well I definitely respect you for acknowledging that. I know you're not the typical Laker fan.

It's nice to be at a competitive level again after last season. These matchups will really be fun when we start winning some of them

And you know that I have great respect for your opinion as well. Trust me, I yell at the refs all of the time for missed calls...but I never blame them for losses.

As an example, in the 4th quarter Game 4 of the NBA Finals last year, Orlando outshot the Lakers 18-0 from the free throw line in the 4th quarter. EIGHTEEN TO NOTHING.

And yet the Lakers still found a way to win the game, ironically on a Derek Fisher three pointer where a ton of fans were complaining about Kobe fouling Jameer Nelson on the kick out. I thought that took some balls.

As for the Kings, yeah, you guys really have a team there. It's great to see you "back". Your squad reminds me a lot of Houston. Great ball movement, constant motion, constant effort. I'm extremely curious to see how K-Mart fits back in with this team. Honestly, I think that you guys would be wise to trade him.

And you know that I have great respect for your opinion as well. Trust me, I yell at the refs all of the time for missed calls...but I never blame them for losses.

As an example, in the 4th quarter Game 4 of the NBA Finals last year, Orlando outshot the Lakers 18-0 from the free throw line in the 4th quarter. EIGHTEEN TO NOTHING.

And yet the Lakers still found a way to win the game, ironically on a Derek Fisher three pointer where a ton of fans were complaining about Kobe fouling Jameer Nelson on the kick out. I thought that took some balls.

As for the Kings, yeah, you guys really have a team there. It's great to see you "back". Your squad reminds me a lot of Houston. Great ball movement, constant motion, constant effort. I'm extremely curious to see how K-Mart fits back in with this team. Honestly, I think that you guys would be wise to trade him.

Me too.
Un-fcking-believable. The Lakers, again, had no business winning this game. The Kings played great most of the night. There were plenty of calls that were blown both ways, but this one came down to 2 missed FT's and a classic Kobe shot at the buzzer to take the win.

Great game, fellas.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Un-fcking-believable. The Lakers, again, had no business winning this game. The Kings played great most of the night. There were plenty of calls that were blown both ways, but this one came down to 2 missed FT's and a classic Kobe shot at the buzzer to take the win.

Great game, fellas.

See I can accept this, but what pisses me off is when LA boasts about how "kobe burns your asses" or whatever. I can handle a great game, and props to stoney for being a good sportsmanship rather than trying to make some analytical post dissing the other team.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Great game, fellas.

See I can accept this, but what pisses me off is when LA boasts about how "kobe burns your asses" or whatever. I can handle a great game, and props to stoney for being a good sportsmanship rather than trying to make some analytical post dissing the other team.

Well..................umm.....................he did burn their asses:

Share 49ersWebzone