LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

WZ Showdown!!! Lakers @ Kings

Originally posted by marshniners24:
All lakers fans are band wagon fans.

Unless they've been laker fans twice as long as you've been alive.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
LMAO@ Grant Napier crying on the radio right now about the Lakers fans "Free Tacos" chants in Arco Arena. Says it "makes me sick to my stomach" and in 3 years, when Kobe is no longer a superstar, the Lakers suck and the Kings are good, he's going to spend thousands of dollars to buy seats for a Kings@Lakers game, take a bus load of Kings fans down and have them chant in the Staples Center.

Grant Napier is such a tool.

That would actually be a fun idea. The tacos chant has always been gay IMO, and when Kobe is no longer a superstar our guys should be reaching their peak. I don't really know why you're pissed at him for whatever. If you had a bunch of lakers fans in your building, like 1/3 of them or whatever, and they're chanting for tacos you'd be pissed too. Atleast you SHOULD.

Then maybe Kings fans should go to the games instead in order to prevent that. Laker fans take over Arco moreso than they take over any other opposing arena, and that's saying something.

Eh there were really only 1/3 of the people there that were lakers fans. Sure there were a lot of them but damn, what do you expect when one team sucks and the other team won a chip last year? I mean hell I talk to tons of lakers bandwagoners who used to be kings fans in 2002 but now they're lakers fans "because they have kobe the bestest player of the game". s**t that's what the guy in footlocker told me 2 months ago when I was buying my bball shoes.

Plus when you have an economy like in Sac that has been hit very hard by the furloughs and stuff, and people can only pick and choose which games to go 2-3 times a year, you're not going to have all of them choosing to go to a game full of obnoxious bandwagoners and laker fans where the team is likely to lose. I went to a couple games this year(didn't go to the ones vs LA because they were on weeknights and I was busy), but I didn't want to go to games where I would have to sit by a bunch of laker fans and get people talking trash to me.

Not to mention that both LA games were sold out right after tix went on sale. You have a lot of displaced laker fans who want to see their team from all around northern california, and this is their main chance twice a year to go see them plus they get to step on a team they don't like. So right after the tix went on sale both games are sold out. A lot more Kings fans were at the game earlier in the year. But for the majority of us it's not a priority to go see our team get their asses kicked unless you have like season tickets or you're going with friends and then you got to rep your team.

I don't really see what is wrong with what Napear said though. You guys do the same thing to us. So if we do it 4 years down the road when LA's guys arent in their primes anymore and ours are and lets say hypothetically we're actually good by then, you wouldn't be mad if we went in their and started chanting MVP for Tyreke? Not that that'll probably happen(although we have fans who did it to the clippers earlier in the season lol). I mean if you don't get mad that the other team's guys invade your arena and start chanting and stuff, then you're not a real fan if that doesn't bother you IMO because it shows you don't care that much. But at the same time I don't blame all the Kings fans who didn't show up. The team still isn't quite where they need to be to have brought all our fans back yet.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I thought about posting that for you, but I didn't want to rob you of the satisfaction.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

I thought about posting that for you, but I didn't want to rob you of the satisfaction.

He has a point though. Sure there are the guys who have been fans for a long ass time like Stoney, and my uncle, but if you read my post above you'd hear about how I went into footlocker and the guy at the counter was bragging about how he's a laker fan now because they have kobe and they won a championship. There's a LOT of laker bandwagoners.

Or ever since you knew what basketball was.

He has a point though. Sure there are the guys who have been fans for a long ass time like Stoney, and my uncle, but if you read my post above you'd hear about how I went into footlocker and the guy at the counter was bragging about how he's a laker fan now because they have kobe and they won a championship. There's a LOT of laker bandwagoners.

Every team, after they win, has bandwagon fans.
Originally posted by 1251alex:

So you are all going to gang up on marsh like "well look at me I've been a laker fan since I was born or since I knew what basketball was" or whatever, like just because all the fans on this board are diehards means that all laker fans are? I mean dude, if you met some of the people I met you wouldn't be saying that. The Lakers have the most bandwagon fans in the NBA and it's not close.

Yeah and how many Miami Heat fans did you see running around Northern CA after they won their title? San Antonio Spurs fans? Yeah I've seen a grand total of 0.

So you are all going to gang up on marsh like "well look at me I've been a laker fan since I was born or since I knew what basketball was" or whatever, like just because all the fans on this board are diehards means that all laker fans are? I mean dude, if you met some of the people I met you wouldn't be saying that. The Lakers have the most bandwagon fans in the NBA and it's not close.

when was I defending laker fans? I was defending my own following of the lakers. Notice hiw stoney said "unless" after marsh said all laker fans are. Dude, I know ALOT of bandwagon laker fans. theyre f**king gay. I even met this guy who went for both the lakers and the celtics.

Thanks broseph!

And I also think it funny that so many people think the lakers will suck as soon as Kobe is gone. Do they forget that the lakers are one of the, if not THE most successful franchise in all of sports? Granted every year isn't a championship caliber team, but they've only missed the playoffs 5 times in the history of the franchise. It's not like they haven't proven that they know WTF they're doing.

Yeah and how many Miami Heat fans did you see running around Northern CA after they won their title? San Antonio Spurs fans? Yeah I've seen a grand total of 0.

None, I'm nowhere near Northern CA. But of course you'll have more locally. You think all those Saints fans in New Orleans have been for life?

when was I defending laker fans? I was defending my own following of the lakers. Notice hiw stoney said "unless" after marsh said all laker fans are. Dude, I know ALOT of bandwagon laker fans. theyre f**king gay. I even met this guy who went for both the lakers and the celtics.

lol That guy must have either been icedawg type excited back in 08 or he was turning into an emo cutting himself because one of his favorite teams was going to lose.

But I mean from Marsh's perspective, the guys he goes to school with that are Laker fans, probably all ARE bandwagon fans. I know there are some legit laker fans out there, my cousin and my uncle are both laker fans, uncle has been since he was a kid in the 60s, but then I've had the (mis)fortune to meet a bunch of bandwagoners too. They're all like "yeah dude ur team f**king sux man yeah lets go lakers yeah man woohoo!!!". Same dude I am specifically talking about was a guy from HS who was a colts and yankees fan despite living in northern CA so what can I say...

None, I'm nowhere near Northern CA. But of course you'll have more locally. You think all those Saints fans in New Orleans have been for life?

lol Well I'm just saying that when you say EVERY team has bandwagon fans after they win, except all the bandwagoners where I live are lakers fans after 2009 and after Miami won their title I didn't see any heat fans around here and I saw a lot of people, after the spurs won their multiple titles I didn't see anyone running around in Spurs stuff, and when I went to HS I didn't meet a single heat or spurs fan. So now you're bringing up there being more locally, but the lakers aren't really a local team to the area I lvie, so as far as I'm concerned that doesn't really apply to what you originally said.

lol Well I'm just saying that when you say EVERY team has bandwagon fans after they win, except all the bandwagoners where I live are lakers fans after 2009 and after Miami won their title I didn't see any heat fans around here and I saw a lot of people, after the spurs won their multiple titles I didn't see anyone running around in Spurs stuff, and when I went to HS I didn't meet a single heat or spurs fan. So now you're bringing up there being more locally, but the lakers aren't really a local team to the area I lvie, so as far as I'm concerned that doesn't really apply to what you originally said.

Yeah, still counts. You can't compare a trip up the state to 1200 miles (LA to San Antonio) and 2300 miles (LA to Miami).

Yeah, still counts. You can't compare a trip up the state to 1200 miles (LA to San Antonio) and 2300 miles (LA to Miami).

LOL Yes I can. DO you know how many cowboys fans I went to school with? There were f**king tons of them man. It's like 400 miles from Sac to LA. A lot of people won't drive that. Sac/LA isn't even close to being local. Is it 1200 miles? No. But There's about as many Laker fans that I went to school with as there were Cowboys fans, and the cowboys sure as hell aren't local plus they haven't won s**t in the last 10 years but because they were decent and a big name team a lot of people follow them.
Share 49ersWebzone