LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

WZ Showdown!!! Lakers @ Kings

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
So anyway!!!

Back to back WZ showdowns for the Kings this week with the Suns on Tuesday and the Warriors on Friday. I hope they don't feel the preasure of the WZ too much.

The only thing we have to feel worried about is the pressure Casspi's under to go back overseas and shoot up some palistinians

Way to keep this going down the wrong path.

I'm not trying to spam or anything but it's frustrating to see a guy on your team be blamed for something he didn't really have a part in, and see people basically discriminate vs him because of the country he's from. It's not his fault. All he can do is play basketball, and he's damn good at it IMO for a rook.

alrite alrite, we get it

you REALLY REALLY love the Kings, no matter who's on it or what they've done.
So anyway!!!

Back to back WZ showdowns for the Kings this week with the Suns on Tuesday and the Warriors on Friday. I hope they don't feel the preasure of the WZ too much.

The only thing we have to feel worried about is the pressure Casspi's under to go back overseas and shoot up some palistinians

I'm not trying to spam or anything but it's frustrating to see a guy on your team be blamed for something he didn't really have a part in, and see people basically discriminate vs him because of the country he's from. It's not his fault. All he can do is play basketball, and he's damn good at it IMO for a rook.

Ok, but this is a sports site. Not somewhere that we all need to make sure everybody's feelings are nice and comfy. Let's all just act like we have a pair and move on.
So anyway!!!

Being part of the Israeli army falls under the category of something he had a part in. You don't follow the conflict closely and I didn't expect you to for like 80% of American's have no idea what is going on in the middle east even though it is one of the biggest conflicts ever. He is part of an attempt of extinction of a race regardless of what he does for them he is still part of it.
This is rediculous.
So anyway!!!

Ok, but this is a sports site. Not somewhere that we all need to make sure everybody's feelings are nice and comfy. Let's all just act like we have a pair and move on.

this is a SPORTS SITE?!

Originally posted by 49ers1:
So anyway!!!

alrite alrite, we get it

What did Casspi do?
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
So anyway!!!

alrite alrite, we get it

What did Casspi do?

being a member of the israeli military and not speaking out about the atrocities that occured
Originally posted by marshniners24:
This is rediculous.

no this is reality. in a perfect world sports and politics would be oil and water; they wouldnt mix. but this is reality, and they do mix, no matter how much we dont like it. in fact, the two have a very close history. reality can be ridiculous at times
So anyway!!!

alrite alrite, we get it

What did Casspi do?

being a member of the israeli military and not speaking out about the atrocities that occured

Who says he agrees with your point of view though? This is not a one sided thing. He hasn't killed anyone, he hasn't shot at anyone, and IIRC when he got here he actually said he didn't like being in the military and it wasn't really for him. But obviously since he didn't come out and denounce the army and say that even though his friends and relatives have gone through it, everyone there is terrible? I mean seriously dude, there are good sides and bad sides to people and that would be pretty impossible for him to ignore everyone he knew personally and come out and say that.
So anyway!!!

alrite alrite, we get it

What did Casspi do?

Who says he agrees with your point of view though? This is not a one sided thing. He hasn't killed anyone, he hasn't shot at anyone, and IIRC when he got here he actually said he didn't like being in the military and it wasn't really for him. But obviously since he didn't come out and denounce the army and say that even though his friends and relatives have gone through it, everyone there is terrible? I mean seriously dude, there are good sides and bad sides to people and that would be pretty impossible for him to ignore everyone he knew personally and come out and say that.

like i said, we get it

you REALLY REALLY LIKE THE KINGS, no matter WHO plays for them, or WHAT theyre history is.

So anyway!!!

alrite alrite, we get it

What did Casspi do?

like i said, we get it

you REALLY REALLY LIKE THE KINGS, no matter WHO plays for them, or WHAT theyre history is.

That isn't true. I wouldn't want Leonard Little on the Kings if he played basketball. I wouldn't want Pacman JOnes on the kings if he played basketball. If Kobe had been found guilty of rape, I wouldn't want him on the Kings hypothetically if we were to trade for him. If Casspi had actually shot anybody, maybe I wouldn't want him on this team. But he hasn't. His only history is that he played ball as a kid, used it as a way to not have to seriously serve in his military, and then get drafted to play NBA basketball. And because he's not some public speaker speaking out against his country, where there would obviously be conflicted feelings for him regardless if he agrees with you or not, you choose to blame him for atrocities that he's not responsible for IMO. You should just be glad that even after being exposed to Israel's side of the story and only seeing that side that he didn't want to do the same thing as everyone else in that military.
You guys remember when Kobe crushed the hearts of the Kings the other night? That was sweet!!!

Kobe said "fck yo couch, nuckas!!! "

So anyway!!!

alrite alrite, we get it

What did Casspi do?

like i said, we get it

That isn't true. I wouldn't want Leonard Little on the Kings if he played basketball. I wouldn't want Pacman JOnes on the kings if he played basketball. If Kobe had been found guilty of rape, I wouldn't want him on the Kings hypothetically if we were to trade for him. If Casspi had actually shot anybody, maybe I wouldn't want him on this team. But he hasn't. His only history is that he played ball as a kid, used it as a way to not have to seriously serve in his military, and then get drafted to play NBA basketball. And because he's not some public speaker speaking out against his country, where there would obviously be conflicted feelings for him regardless if he agrees with you or not, you choose to blame him for atrocities that he's not responsible for IMO. You should just be glad that even after being exposed to Israel's side of the story and only seeing that side that he didn't want to do the same thing as everyone else in that military.

dude, first of all, calm down. i dont know if you have a crush on this guy, or if youre an israeli, or whatever. but calm down

now, my point, as is others on this site, is that i think it is immoral that he didnt speak out when there was a lot of s**t going on around him.

like the example i gave with the south african soldier during apartheid. if he didnt speak out, i just would not respect the guy. period.

that is my point, as is others on this site. i know you REALLY love the kings, but its okay to admit if one of your players is not perfect. there is no shame in it.

i am a big warriors fan. i can accept that one of my players has a checkered past, and even though he is on a team i love, i still wouldnt respect him. is he on one of my favorite teams? yea that guy could be, but i still wouldnt respect him or like him as a person.
[ Edited by 49ers1 on Jan 4, 2010 at 12:33 AM ]
You guys remember when Kobe crushed the hearts of the Kings the other night? That was sweet!!!

Stoney how you post those gifs? I tried once a week ago and couldnt get it to come through...

what's a nucka?
Share 49ersWebzone