LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

WZ Showdown!!! Lakers @ Kings

Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I don't care how nice he is or how limited he was in participating... he was part of something greater that some people jus don't understand. No I am not some extremist palestinian but I know what the guy was part of and what he stands for. Let's get back to basketball. Jus because you guys are Kings fans and he is currently on your team you guys jus instantly love him.

No you're just being an idiot. Kobe raped a girl. Now dont defend him or else you are a hipocrit.

You say that as though it's a fact. Why?

In order for it to be hypocritical to defend him, it would have to be true, no?
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jan 3, 2010 at 9:41 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Uh, Casspi is a basketball player.

I'm pretty sure Israel has enough soldiers and special ops so that they don't have to send a BASKETBALL PLAYER to the front lines against the Palestinians.

Just because he served in the military doesn't mean a thing. And that is coming from a person who generally has anti-Zionist views.
Originally posted by crzy:

I'm pretty sure Israel has enough soldiers and special ops so that they don't have to send a BASKETBALL PLAYER to the front lines against the Palestinians.

Just because he served in the military doesn't mean a thing. And that is coming from a person who generally has anti-Zionist views.

Completely agree.

Also, can we keep the logically atrocious political points of view where they belong....in the Parking Lot?
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Jan 3, 2010 at 9:53 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Completely agree.

Also, can we keep the logically atrocious political points of view where they belong....in the Parking Lot?

lol youre just trying to cover kobe's butt cus it was starting to become about him

i kid i kid lol

Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Completely agree.

Didn't feel like I had the "authority/credibility" to request a lock, but I was thinking it. Probably best to just move on.
I dont understand whats going on in here. Cassipi is a ball player. I dont care what he did before he got to the kings. I like him as a player, he is good, young, and has potential to be great. Forget about everything else and let this kid play some basketball without hating on him.
Forget it... half of you seem not to get it so I will not respond.
[ Edited by socalfan21 on Jan 3, 2010 at 10:45 PM ]
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by 49ers1:
like i said, even if he didnt do anything in the military, he didnt speak out. one of the worst sins is to not speak out when evil is going on around you. he could be the kindest guy on the team, but he didnt speak of a evil when it was all around him. period.

its like saying that some nice guy was on the south african military during the apartheid era. he didnt do anything to the ethnic south africans, but he knew others in the military that were doing stuff to the ethnics. this guy could be very guy, but to me is morally corrupt since he just kept his mouth shut about the evils around him, and to me that is a major sin.

same goes for cassipi

I don't even like Israel or their supposedly corrupt government but dissing a guy who was 17 or 18 at the time, for not jeopardizing his basketball career because of an issue he couldn't have done s**t about anyway is stupid. If he wants to speak out good for him, but it's not like the palistinians haven't faught back. To be honest my main opinion on war is there's usually never a bad side and a good side, just 2 bad sides who do s**t that gets good people injured/killed. I don't see you blaming palistinians for the stuff they do in retaliation.

The guy plays for my favorite team, he seems like an awesome person, he has skills, I'm not going to hate him for a stupid religious beef 2 countries have with eachother when he didn't even kill anyone in a war he's supposedly to be resented for. What the hell is a 17 year old or 18 year old international basketball player going to do to stop that war, and how do you know that one of his friends/family HASN'T been killed by a palistinian attack that made him biased against them anyway. As long as the 2 countries keep blasting the s**t out of eachother the only people who deserve sympathy are the people who actually lost someone/got hurt/killed.

Again, you don't have to like him and that's fine with me but I don't want to see the guy get hated because he's a Jewish person. That's racism and you 2 know it. If people were doing the reverse if he were a palistinian player, you'd be calling them out for the exact same thing.

I don't hate the guy because he is jewish because if that was the case I would hate Jordan Farmar as well. Be real. You do know that not all Jews are Israelis...

But there is no reason for anyone to call out a palistinian person... Do you even know anything about the conflict that is being referred upon?

Yes I know that Palistine has been attacked by Israel at times and at other times that Palistine shoots off rockets, so as long as you do that you can't point the finger at the other guy and says he's the only one at fault. Main reason you don't hate Farmar is because he's on the Lakers, and you're a laker homer(just like I'm a kings homer at times and I'll admit it).
like i said, even if he didnt do anything in the military, he didnt speak out. one of the worst sins is to not speak out when evil is going on around you. he could be the kindest guy on the team, but he didnt speak of a evil when it was all around him. period.

its like saying that some nice guy was on the south african military during the apartheid era. he didnt do anything to the ethnic south africans, but he knew others in the military that were doing stuff to the ethnics. this guy could be very guy, but to me is morally corrupt since he just kept his mouth shut about the evils around him, and to me that is a major sin.

same goes for cassipi

I don't even like Israel or their supposedly corrupt government but dissing a guy who was 17 or 18 at the time, for not jeopardizing his basketball career because of an issue he couldn't have done s**t about anyway is stupid. If he wants to speak out good for him, but it's not like the palistinians haven't faught back. To be honest my main opinion on war is there's usually never a bad side and a good side, just 2 bad sides who do s**t that gets good people injured/killed. I don't see you blaming palistinians for the stuff they do in retaliation.

The guy plays for my favorite team, he seems like an awesome person, he has skills, I'm not going to hate him for a stupid religious beef 2 countries have with eachother when he didn't even kill anyone in a war he's supposedly to be resented for. What the hell is a 17 year old or 18 year old international basketball player going to do to stop that war, and how do you know that one of his friends/family HASN'T been killed by a palistinian attack that made him biased against them anyway. As long as the 2 countries keep blasting the s**t out of eachother the only people who deserve sympathy are the people who actually lost someone/got hurt/killed.

Again, you don't have to like him and that's fine with me but I don't want to see the guy get hated because he's a Jewish person. That's racism and you 2 know it. If people were doing the reverse if he were a palistinian player, you'd be calling them out for the exact same thing.

I don't hate the guy because he is jewish because if that was the case I would hate Jordan Farmar as well. Be real. You do know that not all Jews are Israelis...

But there is no reason for anyone to call out a palistinian person... Do you even know anything about the conflict that is being referred upon?

Yes I know that Palistine has been attacked by Israel at times and at other times that Palistine shoots off rockets, so as long as you do that you can't point the finger at the other guy and says he's the only one at fault. Main reason you don't hate Farmar is because he's on the Lakers, and you're a laker homer(just like I'm a kings homer at times and I'll admit it).

uh no. its because there is no palestinian player that has ties to hamas. if there is a palestinian player, its prob becaue he is a refugee, not because he was on one of those terrorist groups. however, in the case of cassipi, he was part of the war machine. so there is a difference
So anyway!!!

Back to back WZ showdowns for the Kings this week with the Suns on Tuesday and the Warriors on Friday. I hope they don't feel the preasure of the WZ too much.

same goes for cassipi

uh no. its because there is no palestinian player that has ties to hamas. if there is a palestinian player, its prob becaue he is a refugee, not because he was on one of those terrorist groups. however, in the case of cassipi, he was part of the war machine. so there is a difference

Thank you 49ers1 for understanding what is going on here.

same goes for cassipi

Thank you 49ers1 for understanding what is going on here.

BUT HE DIDN'T EVEN FIGHT ANYONE. He did paper work and reffed their basketball games. This is ridiculous.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
So anyway!!!

Back to back WZ showdowns for the Kings this week with the Suns on Tuesday and the Warriors on Friday. I hope they don't feel the preasure of the WZ too much.

The only thing we have to feel worried about is the pressure Casspi's under to go back overseas and shoot up some palistinians
So anyway!!!

The only thing we have to feel worried about is the pressure Casspi's under to go back overseas and shoot up some palistinians

Way to keep this going down the wrong path.
So anyway!!!

Way to keep this going down the wrong path.

I'm not trying to spam or anything but it's frustrating to see a guy on your team be blamed for something he didn't really have a part in, and see people basically discriminate vs him because of the country he's from. It's not his fault. All he can do is play basketball, and he's damn good at it IMO for a rook.
Share 49ersWebzone