WZ Showdown!!! Lakers @ Kings

Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by 49ers1:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Wow.. is that really the reasoning for the Casspi hate?

I have no idea about this dude's history, but if it is true, that's about as justified a reason to hate somebody that I can think of.

Ah, so fulfilling one's obligations as an Israeli citizen is a reason to be hated?

if anyone from the south african military during the apartheid era was playing in the NBA, id hate him

I can see how one can have hate for a region/country. But I don't get how that translates to hating an individual from that region?

Unless that player/individual was involved in whatever event it is you hate that country for, then yeah the hate is justified. But if he wasn't involved, how could you come to hate a person just because of the geographical place that he came from?

its mandatory for everyone to serve in the military. regardless of what his views are, he most likely served and carried out orders. i would have respect if he didnt serve on purpose, and refused to be part of a military doing the bidding of an apartheid state

+1. He's jus another one of them and I have nothing but hate for the guy.

exactly, i mean if some guy served in the nazi germany military when he could have stood up and said no, id rather not kill these jews, i would have hate for him. period.

if someone has the power to say no, as he did (considering he could have declared that he is some religious guy as many israelis do to get away from the draft), and he carried out that power, then all the power to him. if not, then he's what he is.
FYI Omri has been playing professional basketball since he was 17. I highly doubt he had time to serve in the military unless it was some reserve thing where he didn't actually do anything.

Hating someone because of where they are born has to be one of the most idiotic and ignorant things I have ever heard.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
FYI Omri has been playing professional basketball since he was 17. I highly doubt he had time to serve in the military unless it was some reserve thing where he didn't actually do anything.

Hating someone because of where they are born has to be one of the most idiotic and ignorant things I have ever heard.

Coming from somebody that's from the Sacramento area, I can see how you feel this way.

Originally posted by 9erReign:

lawlz @ that statement

I am not condoning makin fun of the dude because hes Israeli, but in case this slipped your mind (although seeing how you're from Sacto, I dont think it did), then according to your statement, you must feel that the majority of Northern California citizens are idiots seeing how a rather good chunk of Nor-Cal cats HATE anyone born or living in So-Cal...

And you can apply that to a lot of people...Californians who feel their above lesser states (in my experience, a lot of hate towards Utah, Oregon, and Texas), San Franciscans, New Yorkers, and Los Angeles-ans (?) who say f**k you to people from other cities, Americans who hate Middle Easterns, etc, etc

Oh, and seeing how I am a hater, I am guilty of doing all of that^ so by no means am I saying I am innocent of such atrocities...I can proudly say that I do make fun (not necessarily hate, but some would argue that if you make fun of them then you must have some dislike for them, which I completely disagree with) of individuals for similar reasons...

Tho not the Israeli in this case...dont really care much about him lol...now if he ends up turning into an absolute baller, then I will start hating him faster than Robert Horry hit that triple in C-Webs face...but until then...he can continue to do him...
I'm just curious if anyone really knows WTF they are talking about...

Quote:

"But Casspi was among a handful of basketball players chosen by the IDF's sports committee as an "outstanding athlete," meaning he would stay with Maccabi and be sheltered like an elite American college recruit. Although he went to basic training and learned to shoot a gun, he only had to report to the base in Tel Aviv twice a week, and then he wore a sweat suit instead of a uniform. While his older brother, Eitan—a standout point guard in high school—was a paratrooper jumping out of planes in the middle of the night, Casspi was sorting paperwork and refereeing officer basketball games, a soldier in name only. Basketball kept him safe, but it also kept him separate, and even though he was grateful for the arrangement, there were times he felt a little guilty.

"In Israel, being in the army is a special experience, and my friends will take it with them their whole lives," Casspi says. "I didn't have that experience. I didn't really do anything in the army. But right now, I am trying to serve my country in another way."

link

Not exactly "killing Palestinians." The kid is probably the nicest guy on the team. When he asks to check into games at the scorer's table, he says, "Please."

So why don't we stop the BS and get back to the games.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
I'm just curious if anyone really knows WTF they are talking about...

Quote:

"But Casspi was among a handful of basketball players chosen by the IDF's sports committee as an "outstanding athlete," meaning he would stay with Maccabi and be sheltered like an elite American college recruit. Although he went to basic training and learned to shoot a gun, he only had to report to the base in Tel Aviv twice a week, and then he wore a sweat suit instead of a uniform. While his older brother, Eitan—a standout point guard in high school—was a paratrooper jumping out of planes in the middle of the night, Casspi was sorting paperwork and refereeing officer basketball games, a soldier in name only. Basketball kept him safe, but it also kept him separate, and even though he was grateful for the arrangement, there were times he felt a little guilty.

"In Israel, being in the army is a special experience, and my friends will take it with them their whole lives," Casspi says. "I didn't have that experience. I didn't really do anything in the army. But right now, I am trying to serve my country in another way."

link

Not exactly "killing Palestinians." The kid is probably the nicest guy on the team. When he asks to check into games at the scorer's table, he says, "Please."

So why don't we stop the BS and get back to the games.

And when Kobe tried to elbow him in the throat he said "Sorry." LOL. That guy is great.
I don't care how nice he is or how limited he was in participating... he was part of something greater that some people jus don't understand. No I am not some extremist palestinian but I know what the guy was part of and what he stands for. Let's get back to basketball. Jus because you guys are Kings fans and he is currently on your team you guys jus instantly love him. This is how I feel you don't have to like it.
[ Edited by socalfan21 on Jan 3, 2010 at 7:40 PM ]
I don't care how nice he is or how limited he was in participating... he was part of something greater that some people jus don't understand. No I am not some extremist palestinian but I know what the guy was part of and what he stands for. Let's get back to basketball. Jus because you guys are Kings fans and he is currently on your team you guys jus instantly love him.

No you're just being an idiot. Kobe raped a girl. Now dont defend him or else you are a hipocrit.
I don't care how nice he is or how limited he was in participating... he was part of something greater that some people jus don't understand. No I am not some extremist palestinian but I know what the guy was part of and what he stands for. Let's get back to basketball. Jus because you guys are Kings fans and he is currently on your team you guys jus instantly love him.

I agree with the bold. I love him.
Originally posted by marshniners24:

No you're just being an idiot. Kobe raped a girl. Now dont defend him or else you are a hipocrit.

lol ok... the unintelligence by some is shocking.
[ Edited by socalfan21 on Jan 3, 2010 at 8:33 PM ]

Agreed... moving on now.

lol ok... the unintelligence by some is shocking.

Yeah yours is. He didn't even shoot anybody in the army, and you're accusing him of being a horrible person and you have no respect for him and all this other s**t. Like Marsh said, you like a player that possibly raped a girl, but you're hating on someone for doing paper work for an army and being a racist. Good job dude!
like i said, even if he didnt do anything in the military, he didnt speak out. one of the worst sins is to not speak out when evil is going on around you. he could be the kindest guy on the team, but he didnt speak of a evil when it was all around him. period.

its like saying that some nice guy was on the south african military during the apartheid era. he didnt do anything to the ethnic south africans, but he knew others in the military that were doing stuff to the ethnics. this guy could be very guy, but to me is morally corrupt since he just kept his mouth shut about the evils around him, and to me that is a major sin.

same goes for cassipi
like i said, even if he didnt do anything in the military, he didnt speak out. one of the worst sins is to not speak out when evil is going on around you. he could be the kindest guy on the team, but he didnt speak of a evil when it was all around him. period.

its like saying that some nice guy was on the south african military during the apartheid era. he didnt do anything to the ethnic south africans, but he knew others in the military that were doing stuff to the ethnics. this guy could be very guy, but to me is morally corrupt since he just kept his mouth shut about the evils around him, and to me that is a major sin.

same goes for cassipi

I don't even like Israel or their supposedly corrupt government but dissing a guy who was 17 or 18 at the time, for not jeopardizing his basketball career because of an issue he couldn't have done s**t about anyway is stupid. If he wants to speak out good for him, but it's not like the palistinians haven't faught back. To be honest my main opinion on war is there's usually never a bad side and a good side, just 2 bad sides who do s**t that gets good people injured/killed. I don't see you blaming palistinians for the stuff they do in retaliation.

The guy plays for my favorite team, he seems like an awesome person, he has skills, I'm not going to hate him for a stupid religious beef 2 countries have with eachother when he didn't even kill anyone in a war he's supposedly to be resented for. What the hell is a 17 year old or 18 year old international basketball player going to do to stop that war, and how do you know that one of his friends/family HASN'T been killed by a palistinian attack that made him biased against them anyway. As long as the 2 countries keep blasting the s**t out of eachother the only people who deserve sympathy are the people who actually lost someone/got hurt/killed.

Again, you don't have to like him and that's fine with me but I don't want to see the guy get hated because he's a Jewish person. That's racism and you 2 know it. If people were doing the reverse if he were a palistinian player, you'd be calling them out for the exact same thing.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

same goes for cassipi

I don't even like Israel or their supposedly corrupt government but dissing a guy who was 17 or 18 at the time, for not jeopardizing his basketball career because of an issue he couldn't have done s**t about anyway is stupid. If he wants to speak out good for him, but it's not like the palistinians haven't faught back. To be honest my main opinion on war is there's usually never a bad side and a good side, just 2 bad sides who do s**t that gets good people injured/killed. I don't see you blaming palistinians for the stuff they do in retaliation.

The guy plays for my favorite team, he seems like an awesome person, he has skills, I'm not going to hate him for a stupid religious beef 2 countries have with eachother when he didn't even kill anyone in a war he's supposedly to be resented for. What the hell is a 17 year old or 18 year old international basketball player going to do to stop that war, and how do you know that one of his friends/family HASN'T been killed by a palistinian attack that made him biased against them anyway. As long as the 2 countries keep blasting the s**t out of eachother the only people who deserve sympathy are the people who actually lost someone/got hurt/killed.

Again, you don't have to like him and that's fine with me but I don't want to see the guy get hated because he's a Jewish person. That's racism and you 2 know it. If people were doing the reverse if he were a palistinian player, you'd be calling them out for the exact same thing.

first of all, that's not racism. being jewish isnt a race, its a religion. second, i dont hate him cus he's jewish. i have jewish friends, i have jewish colleagues. i dont like him for his nationality. being against israel is not anti semitism. duh

lastly, your opinion didnt change my opinion, so whatever. if he's on your favorite team, then go ahead and like him. whatever. we'll just agree to disagree.
[ Edited by 49ers1 on Jan 3, 2010 at 9:36 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone