There are 195 users in the forums

Super Six Classic

Congrats Andre Ward on winning the title. 21-0

"Oakland do you wanna ride?
I can't hear you! Oakland do you wanna me to ride tonight?"

Bay Area Beatdown
saw the fight last night.. love ward but he still has some work to do.. saw a lot of missed punches

there was a lot of holding from both guys which the ref did not do anything about.. as soon as they would get out of the hold.. andre would quickly hit him without kessler getting a chance to regroup

i don't know if the headbutt was intentional or not.. but it wouldn't have mattered.. ward would have won in a decision anyway

i'm surprised kessler wasn't more aggressive in the fight.. it also makes me wonder if ward has a K.O. punch.. but he did what he had to do to beat a better fighter

the more impressive undercard fight was this cat from daly city (junior middleweight) named karim mayfield.. supposedly one of uncle mayweather's prospects.. who K.O'd some cat in the middle rounds
i don't get how boxing works. is it possible for ward to fight people on hbo or is it a whole other league ?
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
i don't get how boxing works. is it possible for ward to fight people on hbo or is it a whole other league ?

Showtime owns the rights for the super six.

Kessler came out so flat, the fight wasn't nearly as exciting as it shouldn't have been.

Gotta give props to Ward and his camp for focusing in on going offensive from southpaw, the announcers even said Kessler and his camp spent absolutely ZERO time preparing for Ward in a southpaw. What a way to prepare your world champion.
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Kessler came out so flat, the fight wasn't nearly as exciting as it shouldn't have been.

Gotta give props to Ward and his camp for focusing in on going offensive from southpaw, the announcers even said Kessler and his camp spent absolutely ZERO time preparing for Ward in a southpaw. What a way to prepare your world champion.

seats weren't that great.. but i didn't notice that he was switching back and forth to southpaw.. until my brother mentioned it in the middle rounds
  • titan
  • Veteran
Ward was a BEAST! Awesome game plan that was executed cleanly. Kessler sounded like a Whiny Byotch with his excuse why he lost.
Share 49ersWebzone