LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 125 users in the forums

Manny vs Mayweather ??

I'm sure you guys have beaten this to death in the last 8 pages, but while I love Pacquiao and think that Mayweather is kind of a douche, I don't think Pacman has the size to handle Mayweather. Pac is a bad man and has been able to move up in weight, but Floyd's a different animal altogether. I hope I'm wrong.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
The thing about these fights is that one of the fighters is pretty much always past his prime by the time it happens.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
It'll happen... it's just gonna take a loooooooooong time.

That's why I brought up what you called "nonsense". Because it's that "nonsense" which is the biggest obstacle in making this fight. Both guys are going to plead their case as to why they should get the lion's share of the money.
Mayweather "I Deserve the Bigger Piece of the Pie"

" "I deserve the bigger piece of the pie. I've done more, I've been around the sport longer and I've been dominating longer. And nobody has beaten me yet. Like I said before, they trying to build a fighter to beat me. They built Ricky Hatton up, undefeated; it didn't happen. They constantly build these fighters up. It's not going to happen. When God wants me to lose, that's when I'll lose," stated undefeated multi-division champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. as he talked more about a potential clash with Manny Pacquiao. Although negotiations for the showdown have yet to officially get off the ground, Mayweather is already doing his part to state his case for the lion's share of the purse. "

wow..........

did he really just say that Roach wants this fight so that he can "cash out" before he dies??????

that has to be one of the most classless things i've ever heard. i have no idea why people keep trying to back this guy up.

if he wasn't my most hated athlete before, after reading that he definitely is now.

As a Filipino, of course I'm gonna vote for Manny. But even if I wasn't, Manny is a class act, humble and doesn't need to trash talk. FMJ is the "bad guy" of boxing, IMO. He loves to insult people and he's undefeated because he hasn't fought Pacman yet. Besides, 5 division titles = FMJ vs. 7 division titles = Pacquiao...um, that's pretty obvious who accomplished more. I think Sugar Ray Leonard had 6.

Edit: Also read right after the Pacman vs. Cotto fight that FMSr. accused Manny for using performance drugs, that's the only way he beat Cotto. Real classless people.
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Nov 19, 2009 at 9:33 AM ]
w00t w00t!

just a matter of time, baby!

Pac or Shane - I'd be happy to see either fight go down!

Quote:
Floyd Mayweather Jr. will negotiate Manny Pacquiao fight with Top Rank
November 19, 2009 | 7:18 pm

Mayweather_300 Floyd Mayweather Jr., taking an important step to help create an anticipated super-fight against Manny Pacquiao next year, will open dialogue with Top Rank promotions, Mayweather's lead advisor told The Times on Thursday night.

"Team Mayweather/Mayweather Promotions have been discussing our options and when we're finished, we'll let (co-promoter) Richard Schaefer express our position to Top Rank," Mayweather's advisor, Leonard Ellerbe, told The Times in a telephone interview.

That marks a thawing in what has been an extremely icy relationship between Mayweather and Bob Arum, Top Rank's chairman. Mayweather left Top Rank a few years ago after feeling long overshadowed by the promoter's former star attraction, Oscar De La Hoya.

Mayweather (40-0) proceeded to help generate the richest event in boxing history ($155 million) vs. De La Hoya in 2007, then drew more than 1.9 million buys against Ricky Hatton and Juan Manuel Marquez.

"It's no secret the camps don't see eye to eye, but this is bigger than boxing," Ellerbe said. "We understand the magnitude of this."

Ellerbe declined to discuss what kind of purse split Mayweather is seeking. "But it's no secret who's the biggest star and draw in boxing," he said.

On Friday, HBO is prepared to announce that Pacquiao's 12th-round TKO of Miguel Cotto generated more pay-per-view buys than Mayweather-Marquez or any other live event this year. Ellerbe notes that Mayweather sold more PPVs in common fights against Hatton, De La Hoya and Marquez.

"The numbers don't lie, people do," Ellerbe said. "(Pacquiao) had good numbers, God bless him, but he had a dance partner this time."

Ellerbe said he'll instruct Schaefer to negotiate with Arum "as soon as possible," but noted, "If the fight can't be made, we'll fight Shane Mosley if he can get past (Andre) Berto (on Jan. 30)."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/11/floyd-mayweather-jr-will-negotiate-manny-pacquiao-fight-with-top-rank.html

^^Of course....that's classic Duckweather. A businessman disguised as a boxer.
All I know is this. Mayweather is definitely not faster than Manny, at any weight. Now Manny may not be faster than him either, but at the very least it is a draw in that dept.....but I do lean towards Manny possibly being faster.

Manny lands so many shots that his opponent never saw coming it is unfair.
Originally posted by danimal:
All I know is this. Mayweather is definitely not faster than Manny, at any weight. Now Manny may not be faster than him either, but at the very least it is a draw in that dept.....but I do lean towards Manny possibly being faster.

Its not so much the quantity. What makes Manny special and dangerous is that he throws shots from different angles with power. Cotto in the last knock down (round four) never saw it coming. He was pretty much finished after that.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

Its not so much the quantity. What makes Manny special and dangerous is that he throws shots from different angles with power. Cotto in the last knock down (round four) never saw it coming. He was pretty much finished after that.

right, I only bring up the quantity because the more it happens the less you can say it was just luck or something like that. What Manny did to Cotto he has done to countless others. In terms of speed and angle of attack, nobody on earth is better than Manny. Again, maybe Mayweather can match his speed, but I cringe when people claim he is faster. I just don't think that is possible
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

right, I only bring up the quantity because the more it happens the less you can say it was just luck or something like that. What Manny did to Cotto he has done to countless others. In terms of speed and angle of attack, nobody on earth is better than Manny. Again, maybe Mayweather can match his speed, but I cringe when people claim he is faster. I just don't think that is possible

The thing about Manny is he has had a great progression. The media talks about how he got better at being a two handed fighter, but there is more to it. Manny was a brawler with poor balance and not great techique. He has progressed with his foot work. His balance now is superb. Look at the first Marquez fight and look at the Cotto fight and you will see what I am talking about. He is one of the most complete fighters of all time. He is a smart fighter that makes adjustments on the fly. For those who have an oportunity to see him fight, do it because it will be a while before someone like him comes along.

this fight makes too much sense not to happen NOW.. f*ck duckweather if he decides to take a tune up fight instead.. after all the trash talk with freddie roach.. and manny not mentioning his name

but i guess you could say the same for manny.. he should agree to this fight also

my biased thoughts aside.. i love manny but i still can't see him winning
I've got a gut feeling that this fight will not go down. Because PBF said it himself... he is in a lose lose situation. TOO BAD! YOU LITTLE b***h! i'll fight your azz! You did this to yourself... you should have be fighting the best to begin with and not trying to fabricate an undefeated record you POS.
Did you guys miss the article I posted a couple of posts up?

IT'S GONNA HAPPEN!!!

Bob Arum and Manny's team will be equally at fault if it don't go down.
The perfect title for the pending Manny/Duckweather fight:

"Duck Hunt"

Quick, someone do some Photoshop Magic and give Manny a shotgun and that hunter's hat. And put some wings on Floyd!!
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Did you guys miss the article I posted a couple of posts up?

IT'S GONNA HAPPEN!!!

Bob Arum and Manny's team will be equally at fault if it don't go down.

Bob Arum doesn't like Senior or Junior Duckweather. So if negotiations don't go smooth... expect Arum to disassociate himself with this. Pac's camp will do what it takes... but Ducky's will do what it takes to protect that Fabricated Record.
Share 49ersWebzone