There are 200 users in the forums

Top Ranked Prospect Harrison Barnes Commits To...

• VDSF
  • Veteran
North Carolina

Over...DUKE!, Ucla, Kansas, Oklahoma
WHO!

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'm more interested in who Brandon Knight commits to

Barnes is nice too though

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
WHO!

Class of 2010 High School Basketball players

Rivals has Harrison Barnes #2 prospect
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1909

DraftExpress has Harrison Barnes as the #1 pick in the 2011 NBA Draft
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2011/

ESPN has Barnes as the #1 prospectlink

Scout.com has Barnes as #1

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&pid=88&cfg=bb&yr=2010
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
What a shock. This is the bad thing about college BBall, it's always the same 4 schools or so who these guys commit to. I don't know why guys keep picking UNC. I get the tradition but the track record of success in the pros is spotty at best.
Originally posted by TX9R:
What a shock. This is the bad thing about college BBall, it's always the same 4 schools or so who these guys commit to. I don't know why guys keep picking UNC. I get the tradition but the track record of success in the pros is spotty at best.

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Hasn't produced a memorable pro since Sheed/ Carter left. Looooong time ago.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Ed Davis will be the next great NBA player from UNC
Originally posted by crzy:

Exactly! and your missing the point UNC has produced tons of NBA players and many very good to great players in the last few drafts many tar heels have went in the 1st round.

I went to the UNC Alumni game this year and it featured ex tar heel players that are currently pros. The reason UNC got Barnes was because they brought all their recruits to this game. they honored Jordan/D.Smith/B.Gutherage/J.Worthy/the 09 title team it was awesome.

Look at the rosters and tell me if any school can produce enough nba players to have an actual alumni game this big:
V.Carter
A.Jamison
J.Stackhouse
R.Wallace
M.Williams
S.May
R.Felton
R.Mcants
B.Haywood
J.Mcginnis
T.Lawson
W.Ellington
D.Green

along with legends like
Jordan
Worthy
Perkins
Ford
Dougherty

coaching legends like D.Smith/B.Gutherage still around and R.Williams as the coach? no wonder all the recruits go to chapel hill. it's an honor to play there and it's that simple.
GO TAR HEELS!!!!

Roy Williams you are the man

should have gone to uconn

TAR HEELS!!!

Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by crzy:

Exactly! and your missing the point UNC has produced tons of NBA players and many very good to great players in the last few drafts many tar heels have went in the 1st round.

I went to the UNC Alumni game this year and it featured ex tar heel players that are currently pros. The reason UNC got Barnes was because they brought all their recruits to this game. they honored Jordan/D.Smith/B.Gutherage/J.Worthy/the 09 title team it was awesome.

Look at the rosters and tell me if any school can produce enough nba players to have an actual alumni game this big:
V.Carter
A.Jamison
J.Stackhouse
R.Wallace
M.Williams
S.May
R.Felton
R.Mcants
B.Haywood
J.Mcginnis
T.Lawson
W.Ellington
D.Green

along with legends like
Jordan
Worthy
Perkins
Ford
Dougherty

coaching legends like D.Smith/B.Gutherage still around and R.Williams as the coach? no wonder all the recruits go to chapel hill. it's an honor to play there and it's that simple.

all of THIS. Why wouldn't you want to go to UNC!!?
Share 49ersWebzone