LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

NCAA Mens Basketball Thread

Originally posted by crzy:
Not surprising that the Orange lost. They were getting overrated by the media.

East coast bias! See!
So for the past 4 years me and my buddy bet on EVERY single conference tournament. Only $5 per a conference right now, but as we atcually make money we will up it every year.

Basically, you alternate picking a team in a conference with the other person getting 2nd pick in that conference.

So person A picks Cal to win the PAC, then person B picks another PAC team like Washington.

Then Person B picks Kentucky to win SEC, with person A picking Vanderbilt. ect.

Whichever team goes further in the conference tourney, you win.

Its sooo mcuh fun! Right now I'm cheering on Manhattan to upset Siena in the Metro Atlantic becase the team I picked (St. Peter's, whose mascot is a Peacock, lol!) got upset earlier today. Its like March Madness a week early.
Can someone explain to me why Arizona State plays 31 games? I googled it, and still found no answer.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Can someone explain to me why Arizona State plays 31 games? I googled it, and still found no answer.

Because they were scheduled 31 games. Probably why.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

So teams don't play the same amount of games? Isn't that kind of unfair when it comes to winning a conference championship? Sorry, I never paid attention to college basketball in very much detail until this year.

So teams don't play the same amount of games? Isn't that kind of unfair when it comes to winning a conference championship? Sorry, I never paid attention to college basketball in very much detail until this year.

They'll all play about the same number of games. Early in the year some teams play in tournaments, so a team that does well will end up playing an extra game. Some are in bigger conferences, etc. When you're talking about the difference between 30 games and 31 games, it's really not that much difference.

They'll all play about the same number of games. Early in the year some teams play in tournaments, so a team that does well will end up playing an extra game. Some are in bigger conferences, etc. When you're talking about the difference between 30 games and 31 games, it's really not that much difference.
Yeah, I guess that's true. As long as teams play the same amount of conference games it shouldn't matter too much. Thanks.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Texas do yourself a favor and Fire Barnes.
I was sick of him three years ago!
when does the madness begin?
Originally posted by teeohh:
when does the madness begin?

Next week isn't it? I think Selection Sunday is this upcoming Sunday.

i want a random team like purdue to win
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
i want a random team like purdue to win

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK
talk of PAC -10 getting a 2nd Tourney team, the winner of the ASU vs. Washginton matchup in the 2nd round of the PAC tourney. Go Sundevils! Give us a 12 seed and pray for some hot shooting 3s!
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Mar 8, 2010 at 8:35 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Coaches Poll

1. Kansas (27)
2. Michigan State (3)
3. Texas
4. North Carolina (1)
5. Kentucky
6. Villanova
7. Purdue
8. Duke
9. West Virginia
10. Butler
11. Tennessee
12. California
13. Washington
14. Connecticut
15. Michigan
16. Oklahoma
17. Ohio State
18. Minnesota
19. Mississippi State
20. Georgia Tech
21. Georgetown
22. Dayton
23. Louisville
24. Clemson
25. Syracuse

Its gonna be a great season once again, especially when the Jayhawks win another championship

Rock Chalk Jayhawk

So is North Carolina this year officially the most over rated team of all time in College sports?
Even though the Zags lost I'm glad St. Mary's got in. Its always great to have the WCC represented in the tournament by 2 or 3 teams.
Share 49ersWebzone