LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

California Redwoods Pro-football

I haven't seen any recent topics on here, but we have a new Bay Area Pro Football Team called the California Redwoods - part of the United Football League. I think they are playing a game at AT&T Park this weekend against the New York Sentinels. Anybody going?

They lost their first game 30-17 against the Las Vegas Locomotives.

By the way, the coach for the Redwoods is Dennis Green.

LINK
I saw their first game and I'll probably watch this one as well, but they don't seem that great. Just what we needed too, another underachieving Bay Area football team.
Why do all four teams have similar colors? I would expect them to be a little more different.. I think I'll watch it on my computer and see how it is.. Maybe something to watch on Saturdays?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
When do they play the 49ers?
Originally posted by djb49:
Why do all four teams have similar colors? I would expect them to be a little more different.. I think I'll watch it on my computer and see how it is.. Maybe something to watch on Saturdays?

Since its a new league, they're taking things slowly until it fully gets up and running.

The plan is to expand cities that the NFL doesn't have a presence in (obviously there's going to be some overlap).

Personally, I hope they can pull this off. Having another league would be fantastic. Would give a lot of players who were released by NFL teams another shot (the NFLPA has encouraged those players to look at the UFL), and it would also give smaller cities a football team.
Redwoods have Mike McMahan as QB and the Refs are wearing Tiger Woods' clothes.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Redwoods have Mike McMahan as QB and the Refs are wearing Tiger Woods' clothes.

damn its like McMahan is taking 7step drops

he is doing pretty good so far though.

7-0 RedWoods
who won? i tried getting into it but i couldn't and i don't even know where to watch the game
Are the games online? If so, i'll tune in.

-9fA

this isnt advertised well enough at all i wanna watch the games but i forget this league exists
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
this isnt advertised well enough at all i wanna watch the games but i forget this league exists

I looked all over and couldn't find it on tv. I found the score on espn: California 24, New York 7
Here's an article/slideshow I published for the Redwoods/Sentinels game...
I wanted to watch a couple of these games as well but they are on Versus mostly and some on HDNet. Versus is no longer carried by DirecTV so I guess I will have to wait for a couple of games on HDNet.
they stream the games online too
Share 49ersWebzone