LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 132 users in the forums

2009-2010 San Antonio Spurs thread

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I'm still wondering when Pop or our GM start looking for an apprentice coach. Pop has been far too predictable these past few years. Developing an apprentice may be a solid option.

Avery Johnson!

It would be nice to find a fresh face who has not coached yet. I am sick of retreads.

Stephon Marbury.

(Back off, pants. He said ReTREADS.)

I'll be taking my lady to the game tomorrow.

It'll look something like this.

Oh, and I'm sitting courtside (row 1, FTW!), so look for a guy with a hobo beard on TV. If I give an evil stare, it's for valrod, because we're playing your wolves.
Oh, and I'm sitting courtside (row 1, FTW!), so look for a guy with a hobo beard on TV. If I give an evil stare, it's for valrod, because we're playing your wolves.

Holy crap, what a coincidence!

Holy crap, what a coincidence!

Yeah, but your seats are better. I'm under the goal.
Originally posted by dobophile:
Originally posted by crzy:
What the f**k is wrong with Manu?

He looked pretty good tonight.

Yes, yes he did. I think he was trying to impress me.
I'm in this picture. Find the bald guy with the beard.
[ Edited by pantstickle on Dec 30, 2009 at 5:31 AM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
RJ is definitley staring at that dude's crotch..... ^^^
Stuff I saw or didn't see, but felt:

The game moves really fast. I mean, I knew these guys were fast, but until you see it up close it's hard to understand how fast they are.

Same thing with how physical it is. I could hear all the smacks, slaps, and thuds. There were a couple of shots that Manu/Parker took that would have broken my feeble bones.

Kevin Love is a p***y. On a related note, watching someone flop in person is really funny looking.

Eva Longoria is tiny (and she only watched half the game).

At one point in the second quarter, my friend, who was also at the game, sent me a text that said, "David Robinson is here!". It took about 2 seconds to find him, because his head is enormous. It's like bobble-head big, especially since I couldn't see all of him. It's proportional and all, just humongous.

Tim Duncan is genuinely funny.

At one point, I thought Blair was looking at me and smiling. It was just after he'd gotten his behind the back pass from Manu for a layup, and I was shouting something at the T'Wolves. It felt cool...until I noticed there was a cheerleader right behind me smiling at him.

I didn't have a camera, and my phone sucks.

That's badass, man. You notice soooo much more from that vantage point.

I've never sat on the baseline like that. How was it in terms of depth perception? And I bet it was awesome watching them run toward you on a fast break.

That's badass, man. You notice soooo much more from that vantage point.

I've never sat on the baseline like that. How was it in terms of depth perception? And I bet it was awesome watching them run toward you on a fast break.

Some of the angles made it hard to see the action. Basically anytime they were on my side of the court, on the opposite baseline, I couldn't see a thing. I kept forgetting to look at the jumbotron when that happened.

Fast breaks were pretty exciting, though it was hard to tell if anyone had an angle to the basket, or if they were far enough in front of the defenders. Still, I was able to see a fast break coming right at me, ending with a Jefferson dunk.

Free throws, were actually really cool. I'm pretty sure Corey Brewer missed one of his field goals because I was giving him the stink eye.
That sweet pass to Jefferson @ :50 was right in my face, and that behind the back pass to Blair was amazing. I'm assuming that's what play you're talking about. My connection is crap and the video stopped.
This team is on fire. Against garbage opponents, that is. I can't wait to see what this team does against the Mavs and the Lakers.

I want Babloa! You hear that, old man? You tell Balboa to come here!

Do our teams actually play each other this season?
This team is on fire. Against garbage opponents, that is. I can't wait to see what this team does against the Mavs and the Lakers.

I want Babloa! You hear that, old man? You tell Balboa to come here!

Do our teams actually play each other this season?

I only mentioned the Mavs and the Lakers because the Spurs play these teams on January 8 and January 12, respectively. I'm curious to see if the Spurs actually are improving, or if it's just the weak competition that's giving me false optimism.

I really think this team is the second best in the West. Everyone seems to be playing well now, especially the bench. We'll see, I guess.

No one is scared of the Spurs. I can see them beat Dallas but beating LA is going to be tough because the Lakers will not take a Spurs game lightly.
Apparently tickets to this game were also $50. Not sure how I missed that.
Share 49ersWebzone