There are 182 users in the forums

2009-2010 San Antonio Spurs thread

spurs looked really well tonight....who says the lakers are the deepest team...bench of spurs is deep as well.
i wonder if the lakers are paying attention...these aren't the same thin spurs from last year....they've really improved the supporting cast in a major way...LA should be afraid ....since now there will be more competition for the crown .
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
i wonder if the lakers are paying attention...these aren't the same thin spurs from last year....they've really improved the supporting cast in a major way...LA should be afraid ....since now there will be more competition for the crown .

Seems like you guys are paying attention to the Lakers.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Well, I didn't go to the game yesterday. Instead, I've opted to watch them play the Mavs next month!

A buddy of mine went, and said Blair looks like a beast out there.

"BLAAAIIRR?"

LOL, OK, I must be too young, what the hell is that?

You ain't got no Tutti.
[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Oct 28, 2009 at 11:27 PM ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I didn't.

I was pretty impressed by the Spurs tonight though. Hill and Blair played really well.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

I didn't.

I was pretty impressed by the Spurs tonight though. Hill and Blair played really well.

I didn't watch the Lakers either but I have three words:

Ron Artest = downfall

As for Spurs, they practically lost every game to a top ranked team last year. They handed it to N.O. today.
[ Edited by Joecool on Oct 28, 2009 at 11:18 PM ]
"But no matter what caveats one wishes to apply, the fact of the matter remains that Gregg Popovich brings George Hill, Manu Ginobili, Roger Mason, DeJuan Blair and Antonio McDyess off the bench. That’s a 5-man unit that is better than some NBA teams’ starting 5 and is sure to overwhelm nearly any second unit the Association has to offer."

Oh and about Blair, I think it was LA who said he wouldn't be THAT much of an impact:

"Meanwhile Blair notched his first double-double, scoring 14 points and hauling down 11 rebounds. Of all the players on the floor, Blair and Emeka Okafor were the only two to reach double digits in two statistical categories."

He is going to be good.
Originally posted by Joecool:
"But no matter what caveats one wishes to apply, the fact of the matter remains that Gregg Popovich brings George Hill, Manu Ginobili, Roger Mason, DeJuan Blair and Antonio McDyess off the bench. That’s a 5-man unit that is better than some NBA teams’ starting 5 and is sure to overwhelm nearly any second unit the Association has to offer."

Oh and about Blair, I think it was LA who said he wouldn't be THAT much of an impact:

"Meanwhile Blair notched his first double-double, scoring 14 points and hauling down 11 rebounds. Of all the players on the floor, Blair and Emeka Okafor were the only two to reach double digits in two statistical categories."

He is going to be good.

and I got both on my fantasy team blair of coarse from waivers
[ Edited by footballxpaul on Oct 28, 2009 at 11:54 PM ]
The Spurs are going to be VERY tough this year. Solid free agent signings, a GREAT draft and the return to health of their big 3.

And no one in the league knows how to add the RIGHT talent like SA does.

Shaq will disappoint (I hope not, but I expect it) with the Cavs, and there is no way Artest makes LA a better team.

Other than the Celtics, who suddenly have their own age and injury issues, there isn't much standing in the Spur's way as long as they stay healthy.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
The Spurs are going to be VERY tough this year. Solid free agent signings, a GREAT draft and the return to health of their big 3.

Shaq will disappoint (I hope not, but I expect it) with the Cavs, and there is no way Artest makes LA a better team.

Other than the Celtics, who suddenly have their own age and injury issues, there isn't much standing in the Spur's way as long as they stay healthy.

Explain.

well aren't they "The Hunted" now?

Explain.

for one he is a ball hogger and makes bad shots now in the downside of his career....i'm glad the rockets got ariza instead of him....ariza had more upside to his game than artest does at this stage of his career...
plus ariza was a huge contributor in the post season..they're sure going to miss his play.
[ Edited by ninerfreak on Oct 29, 2009 at 9:12 AM ]

well aren't they "The Hunted" now?

The Lakers are almost always "The Hunted".

Explain.

for one he is a ball hogger and makes bad shots now in the downside of his career....i'm glad the rockets got ariza instead of him....ariza had more upside to his game than artest does at this stage of his career...
plus ariza was a huge contributor in the post season..they're sure going to miss his play.

He was a "ball hogger" because of the lack of offensive talent in Houston. Case in point, Ariza took 21 shots in last night's game, which is far more than he ever took in a single game in LA. By contrast, Artest took 10 shots in 41 minutes in the Laker opener, which was consistent with the 5-8 shots he was taking per game in fewer minutes in the preseason. He also led the team in assists on several occasions in the preseason, and had 4 in the opener. He isn't nearly the ball hog he's been made out to be. It was out of necessity in Houston. He hasn't forced a single shot since coming to LA.

BTW, the idea that a 29 year old player is on the "downside" of his career is ridiculous.

To relate this to the Spurs, you remember who used to guard Kobe? It was Bowen, their SF. They were able to hide Manu on Ariza, Radmanovic, or Walton, due to Ariza/Radmanovic having no post game and Walton having an average one with no jumper. The Spurs won't be able to do that anymore. Manu's gonna have to guard either Kobe & Artest, and either player will eat him up in the post.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Oct 29, 2009 at 9:40 AM ]

Explain.

He was a "ball hogger" because of the lack of offensive talent in Houston. Case in point, Ariza took 21 shots in last night's game, which is far more than he ever took in a single game in LA. By contrast, Artest took 10 shots in 41 minutes in the Laker opener, which was consistent with the 5-8 shots he was taking per game in fewer minutes in the preseason. He also led the team in assists on several occasions in the preseason, and had 4 in the opener. He isn't nearly the ball hog he's been made out to be. It was out of necessity in Houston. He hasn't forced a single shot since coming to LA.

BTW, the idea that a 29 year old player is on the "downside" of his career is ridiculous.

To relate this to the Spurs, you remember who used to guard Kobe? It was Bowen, their SF. They were able to hide Manu on Ariza, Radmanovic, or Walton, due to Ariza/Radmanovic having no post game and Walton having an average one with no jumper. The Spurs won't be able to do that anymore. Manu's gonna have to guard either Kobe & Artest, and either player will eat him up in the post.

well kobe can't socre more than 81 in a game and thats a fact! lol

btw did you catch spurs last night game? the bench alone scored 61 points...how's that for deep.
Share 49ersWebzone