LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Orlando Magic vs. Celtics

• jrg
  • Veteran
I have a pretty descent size check when I get paid on Friday...thinking bout getting NBA League Pass.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
$41.99 in 4 payments

or

$170 in 1 payment

Cant wait for the season to start.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Iverson and the Grizzlies tonight
Originally posted by jrg:

I think AI's out for a couple of weeks with a bad wheel.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I think AI's out for a couple of weeks with a bad wheel.

Oh...

Rudy Gay and the Grizzlies tonight
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Magic 102 Grizzlies 83

MEMPHIS (AP) -- Mickael Pietrus scored 19 points and Dwight Howard and J.J. Redick each had 15 points to lead the Orlando Magic to a 102-83 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies in a preseason game on Monday night.

Howard also had a team-high 11 rebounds in 24 minutes as the Magic remained unbeaten in four exhibition games. The Grizzlies were led by rookie Sam Young's 22 points. O.J. Mayo scored 16 and Rudy Gay had 12 before leaving early in the third quarter because of a left calf contusion.

Memphis' Allen Iverson has not played during the preseason because of a strained left hamstring. The Grizzlies (1-3) also played without point guard Mike Conley, who missed the game with a sprained right ankle. Vince Carter and Jameer got the night off.

The Magic jumped to a 27-16 lead in the first period behind Marcus Barnes, who scored 10 of the Magic's first 14 points after being held scoreless in 23 minutes during the team's win over Houston Friday. Barnes did not score in the second half.

The Grizzlies went on a 14-2 run to open the second quarter with Young serving as the catalyst. He scored six straight points and Marcus Williams closed the spurt with a 3-pointer for a 35-32 advantage.

But Orlando answered quickly with Redick scoring five points during an 8-0 run. The Magic closed by scoring the final 12 points of the half for a 56-43 lead.

Orlando opened the third quarter with baskets by Rashard Lewis and Howard to extend its lead to 60-43 and the Grizzlies threatened only once. Late in the third quarter, they took advantage of six Magic turnovers in seven possessions and trimmed a 69-55 Orlando lead to 69-62.

The Magic quickly built their lead back to double digits and led 79-66 after three quarters. The Grizzlies never got closer than 11.
This guy looks like Chris Webber:

Magic looking good so far in preseason. Good to see the new players getting time to gel. Hopefully Rashard's dumb decision that will sit his ass for the first 10 games in the season wont kill the momentum.

[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Oct 13, 2009 at 17:41:29 ]

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Magic looking good so far in preseason. Good to see the new players getting time to gel. Hopefully Rashard's dumb decision that will sit his ass for the first 10 games in the season wont kill the momentum.

I almost forgot about Rashroid's suspension. Should lead for some good discussion around here. If the Magic start quick, it'll be "Will Lewis mess up the chemistry of the team playing well", and if it's a slow start, it'll be "Just wait until Lewis comes back for the team to play well".
Originally posted by dobophile:
$41.99 in 4 payments

or

$170 in 1 payment

Let's see.

42 x 4 = 168

168 < 170

Do some time value of money calculations, and the choice becomes even clearer.

There's gotta be a typo in that. Who the hell would pick the $170 option?!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dobophile:
$41.99 in 4 payments

or

$170 in 1 payment

Let's see.

42 x 4 = 168

168 < 170

Do some time value of money calculations, and the choice becomes even clearer.

Wow...
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I almost forgot about Rashroid's suspension. Should lead for some good discussion around here. If the Magic start quick, it'll be "Will Lewis mess up the chemistry of the team playing well", and if it's a slow start, it'll be "Just wait until Lewis comes back for the team to play well".

It could go either way. But they should be fine when he does return.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

It could go either way. But they should be fine when he does return.

I'm very interested to see what you guys do this year. It's very hard to make it to back to back Finals, let alone with very different components.
Share 49ersWebzone