LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 243 users in the forums

***The Official Boston Celtics *2022 Eastern Conference Champs* thread***

Originally posted by Dino:
wow. what a sloppy ass game by both teams.

better luck next time

lmao--i don't know why i talk smack with you guys...i'm not as die hard as you and jrg are about your teams. it's just that you both are annoying as hell with your animated smileys.

i just got home, had the game recorded, and fast forwarded to the final two minutes and cursed the refs a couple times.

if you say it was sloppy i'll believe you...ray allen dribbling the ball off his foot, my goodness.
The Celtics have some serious offensive issues, and I don't see them going away.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
The Celtics have some serious offensive issues, and I don't see them going away.

How? I think they'll be alright. Especially if Garnett steps up and plays like the leader he should. They had some 3pt problems tonight and IMO they're gonna need to address those if they want to compete w/ Orlando. You know Orlando are gonna hit their 3's and score their points..so they need to become that defensive team they're known for again. Don't know if you know, but Boston is the #1 shooting team in the NBA. They just had a rough night tonight. They faced a great defensive team.
[ Edited by jrg on Nov 20, 2009 at 11:00 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by Dino:
wow. what a sloppy ass game by both teams.

better luck next time

lmao--i don't know why i talk smack with you guys...i'm not as die hard as you and jrg are about your teams. it's just that you both are annoying as hell with your animated smileys.

i just got home, had the game recorded, and fast forwarded to the final two minutes and cursed the refs a couple times.

if you say it was sloppy i'll believe you...ray allen dribbling the ball off his foot, my goodness.

Oh hai. We're the Magic.

Get used to us
Originally posted by jrg:

How? I think they'll be alright. Especially if Garnett steps up and plays like the leader he should. They had some 3pt problems tonight and IMO they're gonna need to address those if they want to compete w/ Orlando. You know Orlando are gonna hit their 3's and score their points..so they need to become that defensive team they're known for again. Don't know if you know, but Boston is the #1 shooting team in the NBA. They just had a rough night tonight. They faced a great defensive team.

That observation actually isn't based on tonight's game, I'm not gonna be able to watch it until tomorrow. I feel like they've gotten fat against weak defensive teams, and that's why they're #1 in percentage. Offensively, they don't get very good penetration, either through dribble drives or through post up offense. Rondo is shooting 25% from the FT line this year and seems to be scared of driving to the hoop. KG's lost a lot of athleticism. I've seen a few of their games this year, and I feel like their inability to get inside is going to be their downfall this year.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

That observation actually isn't based on tonight's game, I'm not gonna be able to watch it until tomorrow. I feel like they've gotten fat against weak defensive teams, and that's why they're #1 in percentage. Offensively, they don't get very good penetration, either through dribble drives or through post up offense. Rondo is shooting 25% from the FT line this year and seems to be scared of driving to the hoop. KG's lost a lot of athleticism. I've seen a few of their games this year, and I feel like their inability to get inside is going to be their downfall this year.

Gotcha. Yeah, if Orlando didn't have 21 turnovers it wouldn't have been close at all IMO. You'll see what I mean tomorrow. Orlando should have won by 10-15. They seem to move slower and not be as driven as they were before. Now that Cleveland and Orlando are right there and they have to try more and not just think "Oh, well we have Pierce/Allen/KG.." and thats gonna win them the game..its not working anymore. Rondo needs to fully develop already. He's right on the brink IMO..but he hasn't gotten there yet..as for driving..try drving on D12 or Shaq..its probably not gonna be too fun. As for KG, it seems like since his surgery, he's lost a step or two. It was showing tonight. KG has never been monstrous physique-wise..but he's always been a good defender. He seemed to be completely over-powered by Dwight tonight and proceeded to run his mouth after that. I think Boston will be right there in the end, but really don't think they'll get past Orlando..or even Cleveland (if they get their s**t together)
  • SLICK
  • Veteran

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Rondo won't shoot 25% from the line come season's end. I don't understand why he is always the reason why the Celtics perform poorly.

KG is off to a slow start. Pierce is dinged up. The 2 guys that have disappointed me so far are Allen and Sheed. Allen misses SO many wide open jumpers, and defensively is just dreadful. Sheed played better from the little I saw, and needs to keep going under the basket more, as opposed to sitting at the top of the arc and gunning 3's.
KG with the OT buzzer beater to down Knicks 107-105
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
KG with the OT buzzer beater to down Knicks 107-105

KG "He hits em when they count" lmao:

• SLICK
  • Veteran
Watched most of the game last night. Nice win. Pierce had a sweet facial on Bosh. KG's starting to come around a bit. I think he's still a little tentative to go balls out so early in the year.

Originally posted by SLICK:
Watched most of the game last night. Nice win. Pierce had a sweet facial on Bosh. KG's starting to come around a bit. I think he's still a little tentative to go balls out so early in the year.

KG's on fire from the floor...past 2 games, 17-of-18.

Play Bobcats tonight. They *should* win and go 14-4.

On pace for a 59-23 record far from Sheed's 72-10 prediction :)
Oh my math's wrong I believe they're on pace for a 63-19 season provided they win today and go 14-4.
C's roll past the Spurs for their 6th straight win :)
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
Between Work, Family, Class, COD, Madden, Sleep......the Celtics have taken the brunt of it. I have seen MAYBE 5 games this year. I suck.....
Originally posted by SLICK:
Between Work, Family, Class, COD, Madden, Sleep......the Celtics have taken the brunt of it. I have seen MAYBE 5 games this year. I suck.....

Hey life happens
Share 49ersWebzone