***The Official Boston Celtics *2022 Eastern Conference Champs* thread***

Originally posted by dwett:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
LEBRONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN JAMESSSSSSSSSSSS

Wow for a guy that melts under pressure he is hitting some big shots in this game.

Say what?

Well he has not excelled in these situation in the past but is showing why he is great tonight.

He has missed quite a few shots this year, but he has had plenty of clutch performances with the Cleveland.

I am not arguing with you there. I was talking about the playoffs in general. With all the criticism about last year, I was talking about him taking the next step to greatness. Meaning being Jordan Like where he secures a playoff win.

Amazing what happens when you move your mother out of range from Delonte's albino/red-pube-covered-schlong.
16-0 run in the last 4:15.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Lebron Motherf**king James...took it to another level.

He definitely did at the end, but he certainly has the luxury of not being the best player on the court half of the time.

Just like with any team with great players, you don't have to be great all the time - which is what he had to be with Cavs.

Dwyane Wade as your "wingman" isn't comparable at all to what other great teams have. I'm not even sure that LeBron's been the best player on the Heat in these playoffs, and other stars don't have that luxury.

We have gone over this many times. Other players have had similar luxuries - sure they may not have as good a 1-2 punch, but they have a MUCH better 1-4 players and bench.

We ran out of gas and we ran out of players. It wasn't a meltdown. We are a tired and old team.

For Christ sake we had kristic out there in the end while our point guard was on the sideline

The better team won

And we didnt lose by 36 points
Reading some of the comments it amazes how much people let their hatred of LeBron cloud their judgment of how great a player he is. I don't like Kobe but I would never ever try to downplay his greatness as a player. SMDH

He definitely did at the end, but he certainly has the luxury of not being the best player on the court half of the time.

Just like with any team with great players, you don't have to be great all the time - which is what he had to be with Cavs.

Dwyane Wade as your "wingman" isn't comparable at all to what other great teams have. I'm not even sure that LeBron's been the best player on the Heat in these playoffs, and other stars don't have that luxury.

We have gone over this many times. Other players have had similar luxuries - sure they may not have as good a 1-2 punch, but they have a MUCH better 1-4 players and bench.

He's got the best #3 option in the league as well (Bosh) and defenders and/or spot up shooters at the other positions. (Anthony, Chalmers, Jones). You don't need much of a bench in the playoffs. LeBron, Wade, & Bosh are gonna play 40 mpg.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by epdavis:
Reading some of the comments it amazes how much people let their hatred of LeBron cloud their judgment of how great a player he is. I don't like Kobe but I would never ever try to downplay his greatness as a player. SMDH

Yea...I wasn't expecting anyone to give Lebron much credit. It's been played out many times in the Miami Heat thread.
I used to only root for the Celts when they faced the Lakers

and now I include LeHeat.

Sorry it wasn't enough.
Originally posted by epdavis:

He is a great player, but he's shared the honor of being the best player on his team in the playoffs with Wade. Wade completely dominated this game and hasn't gotten any mention, but all the talk's about LeBron? Ooookay.

Hell...LeBron was only the best player on the court in one of the games this series. (Game 4)
[ Edited by LA9erFan on May 11, 2011 at 6:57 PM ]
both lebron and wade need each other

i understand the expectations/hatred towards lebron.. but you can't deny his greatness.. all you need to do is compare where the cavs were from last year to this season

• BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LundyLove:

We ran out of gas and we ran out of players. It wasn't a meltdown. We are a tired and old team.

For Christ sake we had kristic out there in the end while our point guard was on the sideline

The better team won

That is pretty obvious, the whole series they played great till the 4th quarter hit. You can see Garnet progressively get slower as the game goes on. Sad to see such a talented team lose because they ran out of gas.
TEH LEBRON WORLD ORDER BROTHER!
Originally posted by LundyLove:

The better team won

Is that what accounts for all of the turnovers at the end of that game? Looked to me like people were just dropping balls out of bounds and making terrible passes.

Yeah, you were old, but you guys completely fell apart down the stretch just like they did last year in Game 7. That's what this team does, apparently.
I did not notice but a friend told me that quite a few Celtics (Garnett, Pierce, & Rondo) did not shake hands. If that's true will they get KILLED like LeBron did a few yrs. ago?

Exactly...

Kind of like Kobe rode Shaq's coat tails to the first 3.
Share 49ersWebzone