LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

The Official Thread for the 09-10 Phoenix Suns (54-28)

• lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by lazy:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100507&sportCat=nba
What a beautiful article by Bill Simmons.
I didn't know that Kerr's dad was assinated.

Yeah, that's pretty crazy I didn't know that either.... and to have a crowd in college taunt him about that? Wow.

Quote:
His sensitivity to social injustice isn't surprising. Kerr's father, Malcolm, a longtime political science professor at UCLA, spent much of his life promoting positive relations between the West and Arab worlds. It is why his assassination in Lebanon in 1984 shook so many.

Five years earlier, the 13-year-old Kerr had come home from school and saw his dad "bouncing off the walls, like the Suns had won a world championship. It was because of the Anwar Sadat and Menachem Begin (Egyptian-Israeli) peace accord. Like sports are for me, his passion for peace was for him. I'm sure it had a major effect on my view of human relations."

Human relations remain his strength, one of the reasons he has blossomed into a top-notch general manager. He is enjoying the job a lot more, too, now that the team is having success.
For some reason....Paola Bolivin articles make me
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100507&sportCat=nba
What a beautiful article by Bill Simmons.
I didn't know that Kerr's dad was assinated.

Yeah, that's pretty crazy I didn't know that either.... and to have a crowd in college taunt him about that? Wow.

Quote:
His sensitivity to social injustice isn't surprising. Kerr's father, Malcolm, a longtime political science professor at UCLA, spent much of his life promoting positive relations between the West and Arab worlds. It is why his assassination in Lebanon in 1984 shook so many.

Five years earlier, the 13-year-old Kerr had come home from school and saw his dad "bouncing off the walls, like the Suns had won a world championship. It was because of the Anwar Sadat and Menachem Begin (Egyptian-Israeli) peace accord. Like sports are for me, his passion for peace was for him. I'm sure it had a major effect on my view of human relations."

Human relations remain his strength, one of the reasons he has blossomed into a top-notch general manager. He is enjoying the job a lot more, too, now that the team is having success.

For some reason....Paola Bolivin articles make me
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2010/05/10/20100510phoenix-suns-steve-kerr-boivin.html

[ Edited by lazy on May 12, 2010 at 13:30:19 ]
  • lazy
  • Veteran

• ZRF80
It's been a week.........time to wipe off the dust from this thread and bump it back to page 1.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Just heard about Amare moms arrest...

Wait, what happened?
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Wait, what happened?

I believe the arrest happened before game 1.....DUI or something to that context...she's been in out of jail before, basicallly all of amare's life.

I feel for the dude

Wait, what happened?

I believe the arrest happened before game 1.....DUI or something to that context...she's been in out of jail before, basicallly all of amare's life.

I feel for the dude
Found this from 2006.

Looks like she's a real POS.
  • lazy
  • Veteran

Wait, what happened?

I feel for the dude
Found this from 2006.

Looks like she's a real POS.
Yes, and lucky for her amare has stuck by her side. A couple years ago Amare brother was sentenced to jail..Amare family background is not very good...
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Richardson.

• lazy
  • Veteran
The flash intros are back @ suns.com

although they are much safer than ones of couple years ago...that would give you seizures..i miss those.
Share 49ersWebzone