LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Sacramento Kings 2009-2010 thread

ROY
Wow...I'm really liking what I'm seeing from this Kings Team. Youth, athleticism, toughness...2 years this team is going to be a top the West!
I've really enjoyed watching the young Kings this year. Not expecting much but it's nice to see some of our youngsters starting to grow. The three rookies have been a pleasant surprise. I expected Evans to play the way he has but Casspi and Brockman have added more to this team than i would have envisioned this early in their careers. Brockman might honestly be our best rebounder on the team and Casspi is just a lights out shooter. I love all three of their games and it seems the other young Kings(and few vets) are feeding off them.

Udrih seems to be playing with a lot more confidence this year. He's playing the way he was when he was filling in for Bibby two years ago, if not better than then. He's not the only one i've noticed improve this year but a lot of Kings fans left him for dead and wanted him gone. I'll admit, i was one of them. I just hope he continues to play like this.

Coach Westphal has done a great job thus far with this team and it's going to be fun watching this team continue to grow. Nice to actually have a veteran coach again that knows what he's doing and getting the best out of his team. Should making watching this team actually bearable to watch compared to last season.
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
My buddy from college days is now the assistant coach for the Kings so I am rooting for your team now. GO KINGS! I really think this is a team that will be improved this year and that Tyreke will win ROY award.

what is his name?

Jim Eyen. Jim has been a long time assistant in the NBA. I remember falling off my chair many years ago when I first heard he had gotten an NBA gig and when he was coaching with the Lakers under Riley. He followed Dunleavy pretty much everwhere Dunleavy coached.. LA, Milwaukee, Portland. Great guy!

[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Nov 9, 2009 at 10:04:25 ]
If you have an iPhone or an Android phone, and you can't watch Kings games... get this app:

NBA League Pass

It's $40 bucks, and they stream almost every game live. They don't show local market and Nationally televised (TNT, ESPN) games.

But since I don't live in my team's market area, it's great! I've been able to watch every game except 1 (Warriors game yesterday [local market game, i live in the bay]).

If you're just a big NBA fan in general, you can catch A LOT of games! Sure it doesn't beat TV, but the quality is good, especially over wifi or if u're jailbroken and use the 3G unrestrictor app u can get good quality over 3G. And it's a good and cheaper alternative to dishing out mad cash for the NBA League Pass on cable/dish.
Hopefully the Kings show up again tonight playing hard, competitive basketball.
4-4 .500 yall.....
Nice to get win streak even if it isn't against the best teams in the league. Like what Westphal is doing thus far.
I bounce out of town for 4 days and come back, and we're .500. Lovin' it!

Got to see tonight's game, but I have the others recorded. Gotta catch up.

lovin tyreke and casspi!
Originally posted by SacRock14:

Really? Those games already happened, and you know the results. There are 70+ games left. Let 'em go, man. Let 'em go.....
The New Instant Replay Graphics: A Cause for Concern‏
Sent: Tue 11/10/09 3:53 PM
To: *****@arcoarena.com

Dear Kings,

I have to say, I am not impressed with your new "flash graphics" that come into and out of replays, and I can tell you why. I myself am a Kings fan, but my wife is a Lakers fan. We've spawned two wonderful children, Jack, our eldest, takes after his mother and roots for the Lakers and Bobby, our youngest, takes after me and we watch many a Kings games together. The other night my boys and I were watching the game against the Warriors, and Jack was getting on Bobby's case about how poorly the Kings play in comparison to the Lakers... well, they got to arguing pretty good, to the point where I had had enough and sent Jack to his room for starting the altercation.

At halftime I went to talk to Jack about his behavior, and walked in on him masturbating over Bobby's Kings poster. I lost it and let him have it pretty good! When things calmed down, I asked why he'd do such a thing. He said he was getting back at Bobby for erasing his Halo game, and then confessed to having been influenced by the Kings new instant replay graphics. I really didn't understand what he meant. I sent him to bed without dinner (which is the best punishment a father can give a portly boy, in my opinion) and returned to watch the rest of the game. Well, next replay came up and wouldn't you know, I noticed EXACTLY what my boy was telling me: when coming out of the replay, it appears the graphics show (how do I say this?) "a load of cum" shooting all over the Kings logo.

Now I'm a life-long Kings fan, so trust me when I say this needs to be changed. It is a potential embarrassment to the organization, and it's already influenced my boy to commit a dirty act - I'm worried other boys may be influenced by it too, either subliminally or directly.

Jeff
A Concerned Citizen
Originally posted by Hornblower:

Oh My God, there it is! At the end of this clip! The Splooge on the Kings logo!
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by SacRock14:

Really? Those games already happened, and you know the results. There are 70+ games left. Let 'em go, man. Let 'em go.....

Can't help it. I don't feel like a part of the team right now.
Share 49ersWebzone