There are 216 users in the forums

Sacramento Kings 2009-2010 thread

I agree^^

He is best suited for the point guard.
Is tyreke going to get his second triple double? Can we put this ROTY thing to rest now?
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
Is tyreke going to get his second triple double? Can we put this ROTY thing to rest now?

Right after I post this they took him out (right after a 9th Rebound). doubt he comes back in with barely a minute left and the game out of reach.
Wow Tyreke did it all tonight. The kings looked really good.
Tyreke has got to be the ROY for sure.
Always fun to find a team we can beat up on.
Best quote of the year on Evans:

MIN Center Ryan Hollins: "He got to the hole and he started hitting jump shots. When he started hitting jump shots that was pretty much the end of things."

This team is a couple of additions away from ruining the Lakers seasons. Come on, Kings!!!

See what I did there?
The season has been about what I expected which is a good thing. Tyreke has been better than I expected, the rest of the young guys are coming along nicely. I'm still not completely sold on the Martin trade but it could turn out to be very good for us while at this point its decent. Wins are gonna end up about right where I thought they would/should. I didn't know what to expect from Westphal at the start of the season so that has been a very pleasant surprise. Mostly good I'd say, keep taking forward steps and we'll be back in contention in another couple years.
Come on Sac! Get a double-digit win tonight!
Originally posted by Joecool:

That'd definitely be nice.

btw Sam Amick is leaving the bee for fanhouse.com. Now we're stuck with our beat writers being Jason Jones and Ailene Voisin, both of who I can't stand

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Joecool:

That'd definitely be nice.

btw Sam Amick is leaving the bee for fanhouse.com. Now we're stuck with our beat writers being Jason Jones and Ailene Voisin, both of who I can't stand

Kriedler was the best. At least he's on the morning show. Guy really puts thought into just about everything he says.
Off the ESPN boards.

albapepper117 (3/16/2010 at 1:10 PM) Report Violation
And the Evans bandwagon is getting really old. Curry and Collison are both better and Jennings is a winner, something that Evans certainly is NOT.

Curry's team could be good if it wasn't coached by a maniac who wouldn't even start arguably the best player on his team in Randolph and likes playing 5 players UNDER 6'7.

Collison is in an impossible position seeing as how only David West and fellow rookie Thornton could fit in a playoff rotation.

Jennings, while he has slipped significantly in the scoring category, is on a team that is suddenly in the playoff hunt, something happen suspiciously happened after Jennings arrival.

Evans just keeps finding ways to lose. There's plenty of talent on the Kings. There's no way they should be this bad. And who would want to play with Evans? He's the definition of a ball-hog and scores largely because he has the ball ALL of 40+ minutes.

Winning is what matters. Jennings is a winner.
Off the ESPN boards.

And the Evans bandwagon is getting really old. Curry and Collison are both better and Jennings is a winner, something that Evans certainly is NOT.

Curry's team could be good if it wasn't coached by a maniac who wouldn't even start arguably the best player on his team in Randolph and likes playing 5 players UNDER 6'7.

Collison is in an impossible position seeing as how only David West and fellow rookie Thornton could fit in a playoff rotation.

Jennings, while he has slipped significantly in the scoring category, is on a team that is suddenly in the playoff hunt, something happen suspiciously happened after Jennings arrival.

Evans just keeps finding ways to lose. There's plenty of talent on the Kings. There's no way they should be this bad. And who would want to play with Evans? He's the definition of a ball-hog and scores largely because he has the ball ALL of 40+ minutes.

Obviously that person doesnt know much about basketball or sports in general.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Off the ESPN boards.

Obviously that person doesnt know much about basketball or sports in general.

That person deserves to get hit by a bus. Do they know Jennings is shooting like 35%, and has had a buttload of games where he has a bunch of turnovers? He talks about Tyreke being selfish but the last game against MN he could've easily had 20 assists if we had guys who could actually shoot. The only guy who consistently knocks down the open shots Reke gets him is Cisco. Plus Jennings plays with a top 10 center, something Tyreke can't even dream of yet. Bucks are a veteran team in a much weaker conference.

As for Collison, PLEASE. He's had some good games for sure, but Tyreke is better and Collison IS a ball dominant player, except that he's a bit like CP3 and Nash in that he dribbles the ball forever looking for open players rather than to get himself open. But he can't make it happen like Tyreke can, you need a game winning shot you would rather depend on Reke to get it than Collison. Plus Reke is a better defender than Collison, and ANY other rookie. Collison's team is actually pretty good. That moron want to tell me that Okafor or Posey wouldn't play on a team like the Celtics, Heat, Spurs, etc? Because Posey was a critical player for the Cs and the Heat's championship runs the last few years, so when he says only THornton and West would play at all on playoff teams he doesn't know what he's talking about. Okafor would be an upgrade at center for a team like the spurs, would play over dampier on a team like Dallas, would help a team like the Cs who need rebounding, etc. Collison is good but Tyreke is FRANCHISE PLAYER type of good.

As for Curry, yeah he's had some sick games and he can shoot the lights out and he's a good passer. But he's just as turnover prone as Tyreke is. Then he b***hes about Nellie's crazy system but come on, if they didn't play at that pace then Curry wouldn't have as many assists and shots as he does. He wouldn't get as many open 3s. His numbers would be lower for sure. I could be wrong on this, haven't checked it myself, but I have read that the Warriors average 12-15 more posessions per game than us. If Tyreke was on that team he'd be averaging 25/7/7 already. Plus Tyreke has a few game winning plays already, he has some clutch factor to him. His team is better than the warriors record wise and so are his stats.

Yeah we might have a lot of talent, and we might not have too many wins, but we had a lot better winning % before KMart came back, and now that he's gone we started playing decently again. Plus Tyreke doesn't play with any role players. We just have a lot of young talent that is VERY inconsistent, and that's hard for a young PG like Reke. Beno's shot is on one night, and other night's he's only good for that 15 foot shot. Donte Greene is another streaky guy, and isn't a guy who can be consistently counted on to knock down open 3s yet. Casspi was that type of player earlier in the season, but he hit the rookie wall so hard it pretty much knocked him out and he's not guarenteed to hit that shot at a good clip anymore either. Udoka's a brick layer. Landry's a good offensive player, but he's a 17/7 guy and he's helped us a lot but he's only been here 13 games. Spencer is real inconsistent, he plays like a bad ass sometimes like that game earlier in the year against LA, and then other times he's non existant.

If Tyreke was playing on that hornets team with a post scorer like West who was established, 3 point shooters in Posey and Peja, a goalie in the paint in Okafor, he'd be doing better than Collison(which he already is, but he'd take it up another notch), and they'd be winning more games while CP3 is out. The guy you posted from ESPN obviously doesn't know basketball and is just another dumbass Rubio homer who wanted us to take Rubio, or he's a Jennings/Curry fan who has a vendetta against Reke because he's nearly a lock for ROY. But I wouldn't read the ESPN boards, nobody from there ever knows what the hell they're talking about.
That little diddy on tyreke at halftime was cool. He is special.
Share 49ersWebzone